TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby Gt

BUICK468

Need some help...............my 2007 sits in a climate comtrolled garage and it rarely gets driven but it does have a battery tender on it and I start it and let it warm up occasionally. It has just over 300 miles on it....This week I went to start it and it turns over well but will not fire which it has never done. Any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I would bet that it is the battery even though you have a tender on it. If you have another battery in the shop, remove the positive terminal from the current battery and just connect up another battery by using jumper cables as an extension cord.

yeah I should have started with check the simple stuff first.... it's usually something small that will get ya every time.

The car cranks over like it has a brand new battery. I have no mice issues.....but where would this wiring be located?

I do appreciate the help!

Is it getting fuel?

Fuel pump is under the rear seat and the fuel cutoff is in the trunk, check the manual.

Respectfully, why should I try a different battery when the one in the car spins it over like 100 mph? I don't understand this....

I pulled my battery when winter stoarge time came. Had the battery on a tender in my heated garage all winter. Installed battery come springtime and it fired up just fine. Then the check engine light came on , P0010 code for wiring open or shorted for VCT solenoid. All wires checked out so I dropped in a new battery and voila. No more check engine light. Problem solved. I am not positive it will solve your problem but if your battery is over 3 years old and is a garage queen, it could be the culprit.

:headscratch: Why you guys keep saying battery when the OP keeps saying battery is fine?

Yeah, I would start checking al the wiring, etc.