TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's The Best Aftermarket Cold Air Intake I Should Purchase For My 2014 Gt-500? Steeda Big Bore Or Jlt?

Thinking about going with Steeda since it astecially matches the Blue valve cover colors and my Grabber Blue finish. What do you think?

Edited by Altruism

Was thinking about just going with the Ford Racing Resonator Eliminator with throwing in the K&N drop-in filter to replace the OEM and then I thought...... Why go half way? Get the most bang for your bucks and Do the Steeda Cold Air Intake with the Custom Tune. Thoughts?

" Best " is a matter of opinion.

What is your plan for the car ?

Set a goal & budget, buy mods that support your end goal.

( so you don't have to replace them later when something bigger or better shows up )

On my 14 I have a FRPP 140mm MAF, www.teamjdm.com zip tube, FRPP mono-blade T/B, feeding a 3.4 Whipple ......( my plan )

H_town_fair_6_14_2014_003.jpg

Hey! man..... (1 Alibi 2) That looks great. Regardless of which brand I get ( Serious leaning towards the Big Bore Steeda set-up) do you recommend installing it like you have pictured here? (With the OEM SVT Heat Shield box instead of going with the one the Cold Air Intake comes with?)...... Thoughts.

Hey! man..... (1 Alibi 2) That looks great. Regardless of which brand I get ( Serious leaning towards the Big Bore Steeda set-up) do you recommend installing it like you have pictured here? (With the OEM SVT Heat Shield box instead of going with the one the Cold Air Intake comes with?)...... Thoughts.

What you buy may or may not work with the stock air box.

I modified my air box to work with the larger MAF. Aftermarket boxes may not seal against the hood, & look cheap to me.

Thanks for your advice on the Cold Air Intake..... appreciate it. :-).

Thanks Black Beauty. I've decided to go with the JLT Cold Air Set Up. Quite sure that the Trinity will really appreciate inhaling deep, longer, and cooler breaths of air :').