TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Andrews Collection Auction Result

I wouldn't buy an eBay car without good feedback, and I'm sure others may feel the same. No sale for a great car at a low price. My point is it's not a reflection of the saleability of the KR, but lack of due to the poor condition of the auction.

The 08 means built in 2008 and the 09 means built in 2009.....duh :lol: I'm only kidding. Seriously, I'd like to know what the big deal between the two years is.

QSS

40th badges

Larger brake fluid reservoir

Some early ones didn't get the KR differential cover.

Paint if it is silver car.

About twice the number of 08 compared to 09.

The man himself owned one of each.

Not nearly enough to effect value in my opinion

I don't know why I keep coming back here. ? lol

40th badges

I don't know why I keep coming back here. lol

And don't forget, the 09's consistently sell for more than 08's (because they are one year newer and fewer made (~748 vs 1000).

How ironic that a guy is telling someone else they know nothing about the price difference when he obviously knows nothing himself.

Pot, meet kettle...

Phill

1011 - 712

So only 299 more in 08.

Thank you for clearing that up.

As you can tell, I am NO "expert" on KR's. But I *do* know enough about them to tell you that the 09's sell for more than the 08's do..."40th Anniversary" and all.

But the so called "expert in-the-know" (not you) is sitting here belittling a guy, telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about, yet claiming that the '08 sells for (considerably) more than a '09 because of the 40th factor.

Wrong wrong WRONG.

"Sometimes it is best to keep ones mouth shut and be 'thought' a fool than it is to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Phill

40th badges

I don't know why I keep coming back here. lol

It's like watching a car accident.

:lurk:

Thank you for clearing that up.

As you can tell, I am NO "expert" on KR's. But I *do* know enough about them to tell you that the 09's sell for more than the 08's do..."40th Anniversary" and all.

But the so called "expert in-the-know" (not you) is sitting here belittling a guy, telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about, yet claiming that the '08 sells for (considerably) more than a '09 because of the 40th factor.

Wrong wrong WRONG.

"Sometimes it is best to keep ones mouth shut and be 'thought' a fool than it is to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Phill

Phill, please enlighten me on your expertise of all the 08 vs 09 sales figures.

As you can tell, I am NO "expert" on KR's.

Phill, please enlighten me on your expertise of all the 08 vs 09 sales figures.

It appears your reading comprehension skills are as lacking as your knowledge of KR sales figures.

I will repeat what I wrote; QUOTE: As you can tell, I am NO "expert" on KR's. END QUOTE.

Your welcome,
Phill

Good job Phil!

You just owned this internet blow-hole.

Sorry, I'm not trying to "own" anyone.

I was simply pointing out the irony and the hypocrisy being shown by someone regarding his knowledge, vs. yours.

It is clear who knows more. And it's not him.

Phill

claiming that the '08 sells for (considerably) more than a '09 because of the 40th Factor.

Wrong wrong WRONG.

Phill

Good job Phil!

You just owned this internet blow-hole.

It appears your reading comprehension skills are as lacking as your knowledge of KR sales figures.

I will repeat what I wrote; QUOTE: As you can tell, I am NO "expert" on KR's. END QUOTE.

Your welcome,

Phill

No, I read it! You say that you aren't an expert, but then go on to act like you know everything KR and tell me I'm WRONG WRONG WRONG with no facts to back it up. Here is a little info for you Phill, so you can learn a little something instead of spouting BS on something that you're "No expert on".

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/2008/Shelby-Automobiles-Inc/Shelby-GT-500KR/2-Door-Coupe-Supercharged_/Values

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/2009/Shelby-Automobiles-Inc/Shelby-GT-500KR/2-Door-Coupe/Values

Just curious, are you guys truly interested in the KR or just having fun trolling the KR forum?

Its all good here my friend. Some of us just have a different perspective than you do. You may be well advised to accept the fact that someone who does not agree with you is not necessarily wrong at that point.

Lol, sounds like you are just going to ignore the facts and stick to your perceptions so you can keep trolling.

I forgot what the topic was now. I read so many posts from a FEW of the non KR folks, and you can hear the jealousy permeate their words. They are like little kids word fighting on the playground, and it's so juvenile. I hope that they are not grown men, and just stupid teenagers. This is the 7th year since the 08 came out and it's typically when you will see an increase in value with a car that has potential in increasing in value, so this is right on time for the KR. It will continue to go up in value too. For some of us, we don't care about selling the car and what the next person really thinks. I've made modifications to my KR, but all Shelby upgrades, and I love the way it handles, power, looks, etc... I have all of the original parts in boxes that can be bolted right back on in a day. I actually like the stickers on Sheppd's KR. Very nice bro!! Have a great day guys and remember "Keep it between the lines"

Here is a little info for you Phill, so you can learn a little something instead of spouting BS on something that you're "No expert on".

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/2008/Shelby-Automobiles-Inc/Shelby-GT-500KR/2-Door-Coupe-Supercharged_/Values

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/2009/Shelby-Automobiles-Inc/Shelby-GT-500KR/2-Door-Coupe/Values

Seriously?

No, I mean.....REALLY?!?!

You are basing your entire argument and your implied "expert knowledge" on the NADA price guide? You DO know that NADA is just that, right? A *GUIDE*!

Silly me. Here I was basing my somewhat limited 'knowledge' on real life sales and advertisements. You know, history, comps and SALES.

It's too bad for you that NADA doesn't buy cars. Because that is the only way NADA would be a good or decent source of information to base your knowledge or argument on. This completely kills your argument and quite frankly, puts you in a rather dim light.

Hey, here's a idea. Do like I did; Run a quick search on e-bay for "Shelby GT500 KR" and see what the '08 and '09 KR's are being advertised for. And tjat's not necessarily what they are SELLING for, but what they are asking for them. The fact that they don't sell shows you that they aren't even worth the asking price, let alone the NADA guides price.

Here are a few examples I found:

The first one I see is a '08 Vista Blue car. VB is the rarest and most desirable of all KR's and this one is listed with only 2,084 miles on it and with a Buy It Now (BIN) price of $50,000. This is one of those "special" 40th Anniversary models you so confidently describe as being worth nearly 25% more than a "regular" ole '09 Model Year (MY) KR. Yes, it is SO "Special" that it has a side and grille badge (aka "Snake Wings") that proclaims it to be a 40th Anniversary edition model <GASP!>, and with ~30% more 08's produced than the '09 MY KR's.

Yeah, they're "real" special...

With your self proclaimed expert knowledge of KR prices and sales, you and NADA say it is worth $101,600 and yet...It remains unsold, even at more than 1//2 the price your information source claims it is worth. So you could pick this car up for $50K and by your own admission, you could resell it for $101.6K and make a quick and easy $50K. Quick, jump on it before all those other watchers do!

The next one I find is another 40th Anniversary '08 with only 1,238 miles on the clock. It is Silver and with 476 Silver/blue units produced for 2008, it is by far the most common color made. But according to your implied expert knowledge and with the help of your NADA's *guide*, it is still worth $101,600. With a BIN price of $54,500 you could buy this car and flip it for a tidy profit of just over $45K. What's the problem with that? Well, fact is, nobody is buying them even at 1/2 the price NADA tells you it's worth. Why? Because based on recent SALES (i.e. Comps) it's not even worth the $54,5K the seller is asking.

But hey, with your vast knowledge of KR prices and trends and knowing what you know, you are already nearly $100K richer than you were before you read this (thank you very much but I'll pass on the finders fee!). Well, I mean, since you are actually so knowledgeable that you will "school me" on this issue "so I can learn a little something instead of spouting BS on something *I'm* no expert on" (and YOU are???).

(To quote YOU: "Here is a little info for you Phill, so you can learn a little something instead of spouting BS on something that you're "No expert on".)

Remember, YOU are the one that cited your entire source of knowledge as NADA, whom apparently is so expert and knowledgeable that you based your entire argument on it and cite it as your sole knowledge source.

Bad move.

Oh, but wait...there's more; The next car is a 2009 MY and in fairness to you, the asking price IS indeed less than both of the aforementioned 2008's. It is $1,100 less than the highly desirable Vista Blue '08, and $5,400 less that the less desirable Silver/blue '08. Not quite the 25%-33% you cited but then again, it also has more than twice the mileage on it than the two 08 MY's that I cited above. This one is Silver/blue (with 229 produced, again, the highest production # of any color KR) with 5,710 miles showing on the odometer. It has a BIN price of $48,900 on it but hold on! Your precious NADA *guide* says it is worth $72,300 so here's your opportunity to make another quick 24 Grand and add to the ~$100K you already made on the two 08's you cited as being worth SO MUCH MORE than this lowly ole plain jane '09 MY. To remind you, this is NO WHERE near the $25K difference your information source (NADA) claims but still, a cool $1,100-$5,400 less. Well, at least without accounting for the doubled mileage it has on it.

The next one in the e-bay search is a 2009 Vista Blue KR with 5,270 miles on it and a BIN price of $54,995.00. Yes, contrary to NADA and you, that is *more* than either one of the 2008's even with double the mileage on it. With your "NADA based knowledge" and NADA guiding you with a price of $72,300, and the sellers BIN price of $55K, here's a quick $17,5K you can make simply by flipping a few cars. Damn, you're getting filthy rich by now with a Grand Total of just over $115K profit.

Next is a Red '09 w/4,189 miles, BIN price of $49,995. It remains unsold.

Then another Silver/blue 09 w/5,800 miles and a BIN price of $44,900 It also remains unsold.

I think by now, you get my point. NADA isn't in the business of buying cars and as the title says, it is a *GUIDE* (not a bible)!

Basing your knowledge or your argument on NADA is foolish at best. Real world prices, trends, comps and history are what counts, not guides.

Good for the guy who sold his at auction for $77K. There is a case where he found two fools with more money than brains and he took full advantage of it. Good for him, foolish for the buyer (since he could have had a beautiful Vista Blue '08 KR for $50K, and without paying any fees.

Thank you for the schooling, it's been 'real'.

Phill

I forgot what the topic was now. I read so many posts from a FEW of the non KR folks, and you can hear the jealousy permeate their words.

ROTFLMAO!

Jealous? Of a KR. Why would anybody be jealous of a KR or KR owner? Anyone could buy a KR, it's not like you got some special lottery draw or something.

Shelby Automotive Inc. took a standard GT500, bolted on a few Ford Racing Performance Parts, mounted a set of Alcoa designed and manufactured Dura-bright wheels onto it and bolted on a hood/rockers that FoMoCo designed and Plausan manufactured.

Let's face it, the only thing "Shelby" on a KR is the axle reservoir, the two SAI plaques and the 6 letters across the back of the car. And even those weren't *manufactured* by Shelby!

Yeah, I know...That's gonna leave a mark!

Phill

Please calm down Phill or you're gonna blow a gasket like your car's headers did. It seems to me that two extreme camps concerning these KRs have met on this thread and the two just enjoy arguing endlessly about the value if these cars.

If your not looking to purchase one then who really cares if the other guy thinks his is worth $75k or more. Like it's been shown there are a few on Ebay that are nice cars for a lot less. IMO these cars were greatly overpriced to begin with considering what you got versus what a SS recieved. Then you add the ADM's the dealers added when they came out its no wonder why these cars sat in showrooms as long as they did. That is how I ended up getting the deals I did on my two. The NADA valuation on these cars is laughable. I have no idea where or how they came up with that price, but if someone has to have one of my cars and offers NADA high book then it'll go down the road with them!

Just to set it right the KR pkg consists of the Plasan hood & splitter, V6 rear spoiler ( it did better in the wind tunnel),18" Alcoas with KR specific center caps and Goodyear tires, Special badging, FRPP suspension, 3.73 rear with axle reservoir, FRPP cai and tune, FRPP mufflers with KR H pipe section, FRPP shifter, KR specific engine caps, KR embroidered headrest, Floor mats (same as the SGT), CSM dash plaque, CSM tag on radiator support, recalibration of ABS, and an addendum to the owner's manual. That is pretty much everything I can recollect off the top of my head. Great cars but for virtually the same money originally you could buy a SS which gave you more power and better brakes. It's no wonder these things were so hard to sell at a $80k sticker. I doubt if Ford and SAI will ever team up to do another pretitle Shelby again. Of course this is JMHO.

Seriously?

No, I mean.....REALLY?!?!

You are basing your entire argument and your implied "expert knowledge" on the NADA price guide? You DO know that NADA is just that, right? A *GUIDE*!

Silly me. Here I was basing my somewhat limited 'knowledge' on real life sales and advertisements. You know, history, comps and SALES.

It's too bad for you that NADA doesn't buy cars. Because that is the only way NADA would be a good or decent source of information to base your knowledge or argument on. This completely kills your argument and quite frankly, puts you in a rather dim light.

Hey, here's a idea. Do like I did; Run a quick search on e-bay for "Shelby GT500 KR" and see what the '08 and '09 KR's are being advertised for. And tjat's not necessarily what they are SELLING for, but what they are asking for them. The fact that they don't sell shows you that they aren't even worth the asking price, let alone the NADA guides price.

Here are a few examples I found:

The first one I see is a '08 Vista Blue car. VB is the rarest and most desirable of all KR's and this one is listed with only 2,084 miles on it and with a Buy It Now (BIN) price of $50,000. This is one of those "special" 40th Anniversary models you so confidently describe as being worth nearly 25% more than a "regular" ole '09 Model Year (MY) KR. Yes, it is SO "Special" that it has a side and grille badge (aka "Snake Wings") that proclaims it to be a 40th Anniversary edition model <GASP!>, and with ~30% more 08's produced than the '09 MY KR's.

Yeah, they're "real" special...

With your self proclaimed expert knowledge of KR prices and sales, you and NADA say it is worth $101,600 and yet...It remains unsold, even at more than 1//2 the price your information source claims it is worth. So you could pick this car up for $50K and by your own admission, you could resell it for $101.6K and make a quick and easy $50K. Quick, jump on it before all those other watchers do!

The next one I find is another 40th Anniversary '08 with only 1,238 miles on the clock. It is Silver and with 476 Silver/blue units produced for 2008, it is by far the most common color made. But according to your implied expert knowledge and with the help of your NADA's *guide*, it is still worth $101,600. With a BIN price of $54,500 you could buy this car and flip it for a tidy profit of just over $45K. What's the problem with that? Well, fact is, nobody is buying them even at 1/2 the price NADA tells you it's worth. Why? Because based on recent SALES (i.e. Comps) it's not even worth the $54,5K the seller is asking.

But hey, with your vast knowledge of KR prices and trends and knowing what you know, you are already nearly $100K richer than you were before you read this (thank you very much but I'll pass on the finders fee!). Well, I mean, since you are actually so knowledgeable that you will "school me" on this issue "so I can learn a little something instead of spouting BS on something *I'm* no expert on" (and YOU are???).

(To quote YOU: "Here is a little info for you Phill, so you can learn a little something instead of spouting BS on something that you're "No expert on".)

Remember, YOU are the one that cited your entire source of knowledge as NADA, whom apparently is so expert and knowledgeable that you based your entire argument on it and cite it as your sole knowledge source.

Bad move.

Oh, but wait...there's more; The next car is a 2009 MY and in fairness to you, the asking price IS indeed less than both of the aforementioned 2008's. It is $1,100 less than the highly desirable Vista Blue '08, and $5,400 less that the less desirable Silver/blue '08. Not quite the 25%-33% you cited but then again, it also has more than twice the mileage on it than the two 08 MY's that I cited above. This one is Silver/blue (with 229 produced, again, the highest production # of any color KR) with 5,710 miles showing on the odometer. It has a BIN price of $48,900 on it but hold on! Your precious NADA *guide* says it is worth $72,300 so here's your opportunity to make another quick 24 Grand and add to the ~$100K you already made on the two 08's you cited as being worth SO MUCH MORE than this lowly ole plain jane '09 MY. To remind you, this is NO WHERE near the $25K difference your information source (NADA) claims but still, a cool $1,100-$5,400 less. Well, at least without accounting for the doubled mileage it has on it.

The next one in the e-bay search is a 2009 Vista Blue KR with 5,270 miles on it and a BIN price of $54,995.00. Yes, contrary to NADA and you, that is *more* than either one of the 2008's even with double the mileage on it. With your "NADA based knowledge" and NADA guiding you with a price of $72,300, and the sellers BIN price of $55K, here's a quick $17,5K you can make simply by flipping a few cars. Damn, you're getting filthy rich by now with a Grand Total of just over $115K profit.

Next is a Red '09 w/4,189 miles, BIN price of $49,995. It remains unsold.

Then another Silver/blue 09 w/5,800 miles and a BIN price of $44,900 It also remains unsold.

I think by now, you get my point. NADA isn't in the business of buying cars and as the title says, it is a *GUIDE* (not a bible)!

Basing your knowledge or your argument on NADA is foolish at best. Real world prices, trends, comps and history are what counts, not guides.

Good for the guy who sold his at auction for $77K. There is a case where he found two fools with more money than brains and he took full advantage of it. Good for him, foolish for the buyer (since he could have had a beautiful Vista Blue '08 KR for $50K, and without paying any fees.

Thank you for the schooling, it's been 'real'.

Phill

Phill, did a KR run over your puppy when you were a little boy? It seems like you have some annymosity towards the KR and it has been building for a while. You did alot of ASSuming in you post. #1 The KR is worth NADA(nope, a car is worth what a buyer will pay) #2 I am an expert(I did not imply that at all lol) #3 My whole argument is based on NADA(nope, just showing you a valuation change between MY) #4 That ebay is a true barometer for a cars value(Partially true. Not all consumers are willing to buy a vehicle without seeing and driving it)

I'm not the one trying to tear down and belittle a nice car for no apparent reason(that's you and KXBXY). I enjoy the CRAP out of my KR and I don't blast you or think less of you for owning a regular GT500.

Ultimately, if you think these cars aren't special and you don't own one...... WHY ARE YOU IN KR FORUM?????

I forgot what the topic was now. I read so many posts from a FEW of the non KR folks, and you can hear the jealousy permeate their words. They are like little kids word fighting on the playground, and it's so juvenile. I hope that they are not grown men, and just stupid teenagers. This is the 7th year since the 08 came out and it's typically when you will see an increase in value with a car that has potential in increasing in value, so this is right on time for the KR. It will continue to go up in value too. For some of us, we don't care about selling the car and what the next person really thinks. I've made modifications to my KR, but all Shelby upgrades, and I love the way it handles, power, looks, etc... I have all of the original parts in boxes that can be bolted right back on in a day. I actually like the stickers on Sheppd's KR. Very nice bro!! Have a great day guys and remember "Keep it between the lines"

That's what these guys don't understand. I really enjoy my KR and I have no desire to sell it, so a $$ value really doesn't mean anything! Lol

Kona, you're gonna have to do some more research on the KR, because you left out some very unique mods from SAI. Oh, now I remember what this topic is about. A KR selling for 70K at an auction. That's great news and I know the owner will be very happy with it...

Kona, you're gonna have to do some more research on the KR, because you left out some very unique mods from SAI.

Please tell me what these "unique mods" are....Oh, you mean the engine caps? Yeah, the *text* on them is unique to the KR. The caps? Nope, I have a set on my GT500.

Oh, maybe you mean the headrests....

Oh yeah, the (Ford Motor Company Spoiler) V-6 spoiler which by the way, was added by FORD not by SAI.

Pretty much everything else is Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) items and/or third party vendor items.

SAI simply bolted them all on.

Phill

Please tell me what these "unique mods" are....Oh, you mean the engine caps? Yeah, the *text* on them is unique to the KR. The caps? Nope, I have a set on my GT500.

Oh, maybe you mean the headrests....

Oh yeah, the (Ford Motor Company Spoiler) V-6 spoiler which by the way, was added by FORD not by SAI.

Pretty much everything else is Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) items and/or third party vendor items.

Phill

So you put the KR down, and also put KR parts on your car? Lol

C'mon Phill & kxby even Ford and all the rest of the manufacturers don't actually make every part that they use when assembling their vehicles. That's why everyone contracts with smaller vendors to manufacture the parts they need to assemble the finished product. Just like the major automobile makers Shelby comes up with what they want and then seeks out the best contractor for that part.

I like the KR for what it is. A very competent Mustang that is a great sum of its parts.

Phill

That is every Shelby mustang ever made. Well almost every Shelby. Some are bolted together by Ford. ?

Those NADA prices are a joke. No way in hell.

As this place continues its slow painful death just remember there are two KR Facebook groups out there.

Edited by sheppd01

That is every Shelby mustang ever made. Well almost every Shelby. Some are bolted together by Ford. ?

As this place continues its slow painful death just remember there are two KR Facebook groups out there.

I wish I would have avoided these two trolls, but they are so good at their job that they sucked me in! OH WELL!

So you put the KR down, and also put KR parts on your car? Lol

Where do you see me "putting the KR down"?

Oh, do you mean where I tell the truth about what a KR really is and pointing it out to you? If you think that's "putting it down", it's in YOUR feeble little mind, not mine.

The truth hurts, don't it....

"The Emperor has no clothes."

Phill

That is every Shelby mustang ever made. Well almost every Shelby. Some are bolted together by Ford.

I don't deny that.

I have said the same thing about the GT500 in previous posts: "The ONLY thing Shelby on a GT500 are the 6 letters across the trunk lid".

And I own one.

I am however, not foolish enough to believe Carroll Shelby had his fingers on my car OR in the design of it, other than as a consultant.

And I also agree that a KR is a fine car, a *very* fine car. But "special"? Not in the least.

Phill

Again, I *totally* agree. But I think I already made my thoughts pretty clear on that in my previous post/s! <lol>

Phill

Where do you see me "putting the KR down"?

Oh, do you mean where I tell the truth about what a KR really is and pointing it out to you? If you think that's "putting it down", it's in YOUR feeble little mind, not mine.

The truth hurts, don't it....

"The Emperor has no clothes."

Phill

Lol, bless your heart! Hope you're having fun in the KR forum!