TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Andrews Collection Auction Result

Black KR was sold yesterday for 77k with little bit less than 1,000 miles:

http://www.rmauctions.com/ac15/the-andrews-collection/lots/2008-shelby-gt500-kr/1071982

Quite expensive...

Wow, and good for the consignees

Not the kind of car that RM usually has crossing the block.

Great result.

I wonder if that was hammer price, plus fees, or all in (with buyers premium?)

Edited by Cali_KR

Agreed.

On the other side, ebay is currently flooded with KRs for much less, also one of the million dollar worth red KRs starting at 51k.

There are 7 listings (I don't think I'd call that flooding the market), and only one listing even has a bid, which still has a reserve.

The red one has no reserve, and low miles, so that could be well bought.

With these seven, and the handful on other site, the number of cars for sale is low relative to number built imo.

Let me see, I have about 22,000 miles on my car now. Enjoying every mile and every smile and every thumb up. And there have been quite a few. yeah, I know I'm loosing money. But I believe it's worth the joy of driving it every day.

So, he netted about 63K (sold for 70K + 10% buyers premium =77K- minus the 10% commission on the 70k.) that doesn't include reg fee and transport. A shame not to drive the car. He lost money leaving it in the garage.

Guess mine is worth a few pennies. Found out it has factory nav. I read that I have 1 of 166 Ebony Black/Matte with the nav system. Hummm. Got a road trip planned for Wednesday up to Austin. But it looks like it's gonna rain all week and a really dislike these Goodyears.

Well when my boy turns 16 he can remove the stickers if he likes.

You're gonna let a 16 year old "virgin" driver have a 540HP Mustang as his first car?

Do you know what the NUMBER ONE killer of teens is?

Say goodbye to your son......

Phill

It wasn't that long ago that a 300 hp cobra was ford's high hp car. You can get that now in a 4 banger. 540 isn't much and will be even less in the future. Luckily my 10 year old boy has more sense than a few people on this thread so he will be just fine.

Most of the stickers are from places I have driven or events I have attended. I remove a few old ones and add new ones every year. This car is my hobby. I drive it for fun. So yeah I really give a crap what you think.

Value or resale. It may be hard for you to imagine but I really don't care. It is a car not an investment. However If your going to list a bunch of EBay cars and claim that those are the going rate for KRs at least list a few that actually sold. Don't worry Kryx.... or whatever your name is. The value of the KR will probably continue to go down, so someday you might be able to afford one. Isn't that exciting for you. You may one day be able to afford a car that I am going to give away to a teenager. (Sorry.... That's a bit much but the guy is a ....)

Until that day comes here is something to hang on your wall... In all its stickered glory

IMAG1534_zps226858b2.jpg

IMAG1526_zps2404280b.jpg

Edited by sheppd01

OMG, could you imagine giving a 16 year old a car like that? Obviously there are people out there stupid enough to do that. Hope he doesn't kill an innocent family in the process. Idiot.

Ouch!

That's a little harsh but hey, I suppose it's better to tell me the brutal truth than to sugar coat it and feed me a line of candy coated BS.

Phill

Philly and kxby, are you two hoping something happens to Shepp's son? Then you can post on here "I told you so!". You two take the cake. Shepp didn't ask for your opinion at any time. In fact this cap all got started over him putting stickers on his car. E'ffin stickers! WTF? If this is the stuff that bothers everyone that much then your living a much better life than me.

It amazes me the things that are posted on this forum that I know good and well individuals wouldn't say face to face to someone else. There would be a lot of fat lips if that were the case.

If Shepp's 16 yr. old does get the car do you all not think that he won't be on his best behaviour? Every cop in town will know that car. How many KRs plastered like a NASCAR are there where you live Shepp? TS used to be a place where we could have fun and share ideas. I guess those days are long gone. It's a shame. Too many "Sideoilers".

No worries here.

Everyone has their own perspective on life. Their perspective seems to be that teenagers are stupid. Maybe they remember being stupid as kids or maybe they raised stupid kids, thus that's their perspective.

If 500 plus hp were a death sentence 90% of the people on this forum would have been dead years ago. It's not the hp or the car that's is dangerous. It is the person making the decisions behind the wheel that is potentially dangerous. As long as my kid continues to show he is able to make sound judgments he will get the car. If he starts to demonstrate the same character and intelligence that some here have he will be walking.

Hell when he is of driving age he may not even want a 12 year old clunker.

Edited by sheppd01

If Shepp's 16 yr. old does get the car do you all not think that he won't be on his best behaviour? Every cop in town will know that car. How many KRs plastered like a NASCAR are there where you live Shepp?

Believe me I got that covered :hysterical2:

IMG_0455_zpsbnnnadw3.jpg

When my youngest son got his permit we took one of the KRs to the empty school parking lot on a Saturday evening. That's how he learned to drive a clutch. He did pretty damn good. Only killed it a couple of times and left just a "few" black marks. We have those memories with that Shelby forever now. He is now 17 with a Competition Orange Boss that he got a heck of a deal on. He's over a 4.0 GPA student. My insurance salesman got behind him the other day but didn't realize it was him. When the insurance guy talked to my wife to explain why he was late we all realized he was talking about my son and his cautious driving. There are some good kids out there.

Edited by 08KR525

Exactly, we all know that these high profile auctions can produce pissing contests between enthusiasts with burnable cash who validate themselves on camera by "winning". There are then some in the enthusiast community who chisel these #s in their minds and have totally ridiculous frames of reference.

Here is a real world look at what the general public is willing to pay for a clean, very low mile, KR. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT500KR-/331546256158?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d31b2631e&item=331546256158.

You clearly don't know anything if you are comparing that car to the one the OP is talking about. 08 40th vs A regular 09, plus it didn't even sell.

Trolls can be funny sometimes. If you truly liked the KR, you would know that NOW is the time to buy. With the low miles, they are practically pennies a day more than a regular GT500.

Edited by PonyRazor

Agreed.

If someone thinks to wait some years and score one for less than 40k, I'm pretty sure that this person will never own a KR.

There's a lot of sports cars that doubled and tripled the last two years (Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Ford GTs just to name some.

My gut feeling is that the worldwide availability of Mustangs also will boost the older Mustang models as a lot of people will gain interest in the Mustang history. In Europe, the KRs are almost unknown.

For example Cobra Rs, KRs, GT-H, classic Boss and GT500 have great potential to increase in value.

There are a lot of markets with huge money that are still developing the classic car culture (India, China, Russia...) and will cause increased prices.

Regards,

Florian

Wrong my friend. I likely know a lot more about this stuff than you seem to. I will agree that this is a nice time to buy. Here is a perfect example with a "buy it now" of 44.9K. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT500KR-/331552018593?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d320a50a1&item=331552018593

The seller has only 8 transactions with 0.0% positive feedback. It could be why it didn't sell and may have a negative effect on the price.

You have neglected to point out the fact that this seller also has 0.0% Neutral and 0.0% Negative feedback which makes him nothing more than unrated.

His asking price(buy it now) was 44.9Kwhich no one was willing to pay.How much more do you think he could have asked if he had some positive Ebay feedback?

You CLEARLY do not understand the difference between an 08 and an 09. WOW! I don't know what more I can say dude, the car in this post is a 40th. The car you referenced is NOT.