TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Andrews Collection Auction Result

The Gen 2 TVS isn't the supercharger on the 13 14 shelbys.

http://www.svtperformance.com/2014/06/23/tech-vmp-gen2-vs-trinity-tvs-test/

Got it. Since VMP's Gen 2 utilizes the same rotor pack as the rest of the 2.3 TVSs I would be surprised if the actual blower case's dimensions would be that much different. For me it's not worth the 8% increase in airflow over a standard TVS considering the work I've done to mine.

From what I understand the 13/14 TVS was an improvement over the original TVS. Around 10% airflow.

The Gen 2 TVS is an 8% increase over the 13/14.

From article

"VMP main man Justin Starkey told us. You rarely get a chance to do something over, but it seemed like a no-brainer since the factory TVS on 13-14 GT500s had raised the bar considerably"

If you've done work to yours I am sure it all evens out. Just trying to figure it all out myself.

Edited by sheppd01

I knew I read it somewhere.

" GEN II flow testing showed an 18 percent improvement over our own first generation VMP TVS. Dyno testing on GT500s ranging from 2007 to 2014 have shown as much as a 51 rwhp increase over our powerful first gen TVS with nothing more than the blower swap alone!"

http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/gen2/?mobile=0

I know on the FRPP TVS when a bigger elbow is used like the L&M or VMP there is quite a bit of material that needs to be removed to get the ports to match. While your at it you might as well clean everything up inside the blower and polish it to get every ounce of flos out of it you can.

Here it is in about as simple terms as is possible.

Per your post, "A CAR IS WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY".

Latest completed auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT500KR-/331560739891?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d328f6433&item=331560739891

Lol, you are only arguing with yourself! Hahaha!

So what would one in the know expect to see it bring if the had seller had feedback? A thousand more? Ten thousand more? Nothing more would be a logical expectation.

Smart people with money don't take risks buying expensive cars online via an auction service from an unproven seller, especially on fleabay.

Edited by Secondo

Smart people with money don't take risks buying expensive cars online via an auction service from an unproven seller, especially on fleabay.

Don't get sucked in man. He doesn't listen to logic and only cares about trolling.

Are you aware of the fact that "fleabay" is largest single sales point for vehicles in the world. The world has changed profoundly and so has the way we(or most of us) buy cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Some of you guys are starting to sound like cavemen. Completed listings on Ebay will give you a very realistic idea of what a certain vehicle will actually sell for.

A realistic idea of what vehicles sell for "on ebay".

I, and I think others too, wouldn't buy anything on eBay sight unseen without a good reputation to back up the seller, who is also sight unseen. Especially a large dollar item like a car. I'm just saying that some of the finished auctions shown here may have been affected by this. That's how most human beings normally act by requiring somewhat of a relationship before exchanging large amounts of money, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've bought over a dozen cars on EBay over the years. All of them sight unseen. But had numerous phone conversations before wiring any money. I have not been burned yet. Part of the thrill is the risk involved, and the anticipation when an enclosed transport shows up at your front door, and the car rolls off. Seeing the car in person for the first time is the quite a rush ! With risk there can be reward. There is risk involved everyday the doors open at my various companies. Might as well experience a little fun and excitement along the way !

I've bought over a dozen cars on EBay over the years. All of them sight unseen. But had numerous phone conversations before wiring any money. I have not been burned yet. Part of the thrill is the risk involved, and the anticipation when an enclosed transport shows up at your front door, and the car rolls off. Seeing the car in person for the first time is the quite a rush ! With risk there can be reward. There is risk involved everyday the doors open at my various companies. Might as well experience a little fun and excitement along the way !

There is nothing wrong with buying a car on ebay (I bought my KR on ebay). What KXBY fails to understand is that ebay values arenot the alpha and omega like he is trying to make them out to be.

Ebay is awesome, you just have to use a little common sense(which isn't so common now days). The risk of a bad transaction is why the $$ don't go up as high as they do with a face to face transaction.

EDIT: One of Ebay's policies was to never wire money to someone. I don't know if they still tell people not to, but you are a brave sole to do that!

Edited by PonyRazor

There is nothing wrong with buying a car on ebay (I bought my KR on ebay). What KXBY fails to understand is that ebay values arenot the alpha and omega like he is trying to make them out to be.

Ebay is awesome, you just have to use a little common sense(which isn't so common now days). The risk of a bad transaction is why the $$ don't go up as high as they do with a face to face transaction.

EDIT: One of Ebay's policies was to never wire money to someone. I don't know if they still tell people not to, but you are a brave sole to do that!

If you're going to gamble, you'd better have money to lose ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

That was at the very beginning of their first year delivery cycle. There were a few dealers(possibly more) who really capitalized on the initial frenzy. There are more than likely some threads/post on this forum that could be found thru search that would have more details. It was interesting to watch back then. The KR was a very, very, hot item at that time.

Oh ok I got it. I thought you were referring to recent sales. I didn't take the bait with all the ADMs back then, plus the economy tanked at the same time. It was the perfect storm so to speak. That is how I ended up purchasing two new KRs off of two dealer's showrooms layer on. They marked them up so high initially that it turned everybody off, then Ford kept producing GT500s that had equal then better performance for less money. My two cars cost me less than one with the exorbitant ADMs back in '08. I just like the styling and the fact that SAI actually had a hand in their construction. Edited by 08KR525

I hadn't read about the 350's final numbers yet. I did see Ford's latest video of the car on the track. The car's exhaust note is incredible. The in car shot shows the tach at 9k. Most of the power must be after that engine is wound tight.