TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Night @ Thompson Speedway - S.c.c.a

PatentMan

• 2 weeks later...

I was there also, and can say it was a fun event and track. The new parts are challenging, although

the transition from the new track potion to the old oval has a mild choppy part that can unsettle the

suspension a bit. The elevation up and down at the start of the straightway when your really start

hammering the throttle has a nice unload of the suspension to make it fun. I stopped by the GTS to

introduce myself but missed you since they kept the novice groups busy. I try again next time. They

plan three more events, so I highly recommend for us New Englanders since it is close and cheap

fun.

Note, if you have any previous track time, just jump into the intermediate group. If you are new to

the track, the novice follow the leader session at the start should give you enough feel for the line.

-Tom

I'm sorry I missed you Tom. I was hoping to meet you. I admired your Shelby GT on the track as the novice group gathered for its briefings.

I had fun. It was my first track day. Turns 2 & 4 were most challenging for me. I pointed several cars by. I didn't appreciate those who passed me before I pointed. I'll definitly consider the intermediate group.

I'm sorry I missed you Tom. I was hoping to meet you. I admired your Shelby GT on the track as the novice group gathered for its briefings.

I had fun. It was my first track day. Turns 2 & 4 were most challenging for me. I pointed several cars by. I didn't appreciate those who passed me before I pointed. I'll definitly consider the intermediate group.

Cool, see you there then. I presume they will break up the intermediate/advanced group if more of those novices

move up. If you haven't given them feedback about emphasizing the point/pass protocol, definitely do. I will as

well. I may put on the R tires next time and slip into advanced.

-Tom