TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Gt500 Vs 2015 M4

Ghoust

Pretty flipping impressive the M3 keeps up with a reported 160 RWHP less. I just noticed it was an Auto, that might have helped???

Honestly it should not even be close, I know the americans are closing the gap with the Germans, but they still have a ways to go in many ways.

Nice Video regardless!!!!

Edited by carnut12

That was pretty close considering the GT500 was running 680rwhp and the other 520rwhp he should have been more than 3 mph faster on a rolling start.

Yup the Germans somehow get more out of their HP, they have for years. Might be the transmissions, it would be nice at some point if American cars would offer something comparable to the Porsche PDK.

I haven't even watched the video but the GT500 has a stock suspension I guess? The BMW M4 would out handle it in every test so the 100+ more HP will get eaten up fast. I've always been a fan of the M3 as every model year the M3 is in my list of top 10 cars built regardless of price or function, however the M4 looks a little odd but not as bad as when the M6 Coupe came out. I will vote for the GT500 as put a better suspension on it and only $200k+ exotics would beat it

Yup the Germans somehow get more out of their HP, they have for years. Might be the transmissions, it would be nice at some point if American cars would offer something comparable to the Porsche PDK.

I hear the new C7 Z06's A8 tranny is very close from what I understand the A8 shifts just as quick up but not quite as quick as the PDK down...I think Ford by now IS working on a new

auto tranny to go in the next GT500 or what ever their going to call it.

My last car before my 2014 Super Snake was a 2013 BMW M5 with a DCT...that's what ford needs to go with IMHO. Really helped get the power down on a 560hp RWD car, and the shifts were quicker and smoother than the PDK. I'd love to see a DCT in the next GT500 (if they bring one out).