TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sick an tired of dealer BS

SLB8SNK

Well after spening most of last year attempting to get a 2007, I am back at it! I am however still shocked that the dealers think they can gouge buyers at 10-20K over MSRP. I am not sure about other states, but in MI, there are several 2007's still on lots for sale, and the dealers still want 10K over. With that logic you would think that getting a 2008 at MSRP would or could happen. I contacted several dealers, and to be honest the good guys already sold many 2008's at MSRP to guys on last years lists, however most still want to call the shots at 15K or more over. I feel the "gotta have" crowd is gone at that price, yet can not get the dealers to bend locally. Here is the kicker.... I want a Black on Black vert with all be the Sat radio! Problem is, dealers are not allowing people to order, thus ordering themselves, and loading them all up! ARG!!! Bottom line if anyone knows a dealer willing to work with you, at MSRP or close, and allow you to order... please email me at dans6t9@hotmail.com I know many guys are saying "what a fool" but I can almost bet that by year end, these will be on lots at MSRP.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well after spening most of last year attempting to get a 2007, I am back at it! I am however still shocked that the dealers think they can gouge buyers at 10-20K over MSRP. I am not sure about other states, but in MI, there are several 2007's still on lots for sale, and the dealers still want 10K over. With that logic you would think that getting a 2008 at MSRP would or could happen. I contacted several dealers, and to be honest the good guys already sold many 2008's at MSRP to guys on last years lists, however most still want to call the shots at 15K or more over. I feel the "gotta have" crowd is gone at that price, yet can not get the dealers to bend locally. Here is the kicker.... I want a Black on Black vert with all be the Sat radio! Problem is, dealers are not allowing people to order, thus ordering themselves, and loading them all up! ARG!!! Bottom line if anyone knows a dealer willing to work with you, at MSRP or close, and allow you to order... please email me at dans6t9@hotmail.com I know many guys are saying "what a fool" but I can almost bet that by year end, these will be on lots at MSRP.

dans500,

I bought recently in Southern California at a 6k over. My goal was 5k but I felt that 51k for a 500 horse power Shelby was fair.After looking for 7 months at sticker I felt it wasn't going to happen in SoCal. What helped me out greatly to get the deal I got, was( most dealers in SoCal wanted 15-30k over as well) was calling them with my deal and telling them I'm ready to do this today, right now. Makes them think about if they are in the business of selling cars or just having a showroom trophy. Shelbydude sent me a list of all the Gt 500's in SoCal (60 at the time) and I started calling dealers one by one until I had 3 starting to deal.

I was open to 3 different colors to increase my odds, but ended up with what I really wanted Black with Tungsten stripes. I got one with Shaker 1000 and Sirius Radio but I was open to whatever the car had.

Not sure how ordering one will work but if you change your mind and go with "the already on the ground approach" I hope what I did could be useful in some way. I know how you feel good luck...happy hunting.

You are not alone. I talked to 10 dealers last week alone before I ordered a 08' at 5k over. Given that every other dealer in az. wanted 10k I guess I did allright. Your two best bets are to watch the for sale area here as cars are showing up at 5k over and ask shelbydude to send you a list of dealers in your area. I am buying my car from a dealer 100 miles away that I never heard of. Many people including myself want to buy for msrp but I don't know if it will become widespread. 07' production is over and the ADM's are still hovering around 10 in some places and more in others. Many dealers are content to hang onto GT500's to have them in the showroom to attract buyers for Mustang GT's. Best of Luck to you.

IF there is no 3rd year production planned, prices will go up more. Dealers will say they no longer make Shelby's & this is the last one I have for 75k. If you can find one for 10k or less above the MSRP, buy it. Your missing out on all this great weather/driving.

ps: I'll keep an eye out for you since your from the Great Lakes State

Thanks guys, it helps to get feedback. I just hate the fact that the car is being built less than 20 miles from my home, and I still can't touch one. If Shelbydude would be so kind as to send me WHATEVER he has, I do not care how far I drive. I almost sealed a deal in NY then the guy went bad on me. I had another in MI at 2K over then he found out he was out of allocations (so he said). But I still sit and hope and search.... If anyone comes across either a dealer wanting to deal, or who ordered a B on B vert loaded less the Sat Radio (hate the hole and would not use) I will have cash in hand and buy ASAP.

Again, thanks you guys... I sure hope to be a bigger part of this group soon!!!!

Thanks guys, it helps to get feedback. I just hate the fact that the car is being built less than 20 miles from my home, and I still can't touch one. If Shelbydude would be so kind as to send me WHATEVER he has, I do not care how far I drive. I almost sealed a deal in NY then the guy went bad on me. I had another in MI at 2K over then he found out he was out of allocations (so he said). But I still sit and hope and search.... If anyone comes across either a dealer wanting to deal, or who ordered a B on B vert loaded less the Sat Radio (hate the hole and would not use) I will have cash in hand and buy ASAP.

Again, thanks you guys... I sure hope to be a bigger part of this group soon!!!!

You don't need a Shelby to be part of this group, just a sense of humor. Buying the GT500 for allot of us was an experience in it's self. Trying to get one off parts is another story too, so if you don't have a sense of humor it will wear you down. I hope you get a good price.

You say a black on black all loaded up except for the SAT. Radio.

Shaker 1000 or Navigation? You can only get one or the other

There are lots of Black verts without the Sat. Radio out there.

As for the dealers still wanting $10K - $15K over or more, that is because there are dealers posting everyday needing a GT500 for a customer they have that is willing to pay more. Everyday some dealer is posting they will pay $8K, $9K, $10K, $12K, or more over to get one. So if a dealer can sell their GT500 today to another dealer for $10K over why would they take less than that?

If a stranger walked up to you and asked you to give him $10K would you give it to them? It would be sort of the same thing if a dealer took MSRP when another dealer is ready to hand them $10K over right now.

There is another dealer offering $10K over to buy up our 08 allocation!

Also, any dealers that were willing to sell for MSRP would most likely sell them to their regular customers before letting someone new or from out of area buy it. So any of those deals would be long gone before you could get one. Or one of the employees at thev dealership would buy it. It would be different if every dealer could order as many as they wanted or needed, but most dealers only get one for the entire year. Some get two ot three. Any of the dealers that got more are the high volumn dealers and most of those dealers are getting the higher ADM's. Some dealers bought a bunch from other dealers and paid $10K - $15K over to get them.

I'm not telling you all this to justify the ADM's. I am only telling you this because it is what it is and why it is this way.

Some think if the dealers has been sitting on one for a few months that they will be more inclined to take a lot less because of paying floor plan on it. Not true in this case. If it were any run of the mill vehicle where dealers were over stocked with them, yes. But in this case this is very popular car that is high demand. Everyone wants one, everyone wants to at least see one up close and in person. Floor plan on this car only costs the dealer a little over $300 month in interest. That is CHEAP advertising expense to bring people into the dealer. Compare that to a full page that costs over $3K per day to run in the newspaper. For $10 a day they have the hottest selling vehicle sitting on the showroom floor that is luring people into the dealership that they end up selling them a new vehicle. Not all, but some. Those that could never afford this car even at MSRP will buy a V6 or GT mustang. Others will buy something else.

So if the car sat for a year the floorplan cost would be about what the cost of running a full page ad in the paper costs for just one day! $3,600 for a full year to have it sitting on the showroom floor. So if they ended up selling it for $5K over a year later they are still making more profit plus all the other cars they sold over the course of a year to people that came in just to see this car in person. Plus they can write the floorplan cost off as an advertising expense.

So the car sitting their for months is not costing the dealer anything. It is making them money by sitting their and using it to lure traffic in. So not only do they have the cheapest form of advertising working for them, but it is one of the most effective forms of advertising working for them.

Tell me exactly how you would order yours and I will see what is out there.

When I was looking for my 07, I called every small dealer I could find (went to Ford site--plugged in zip codes) from Utah to Mont, Wy, Ne, etc. I finally had some luck (5k adm) at a small dealer in Worland Wy (I afraid he's already sold his 08), but several called me back last fall to offer an 07--said they would deal. Anyway don't know if this is useful, but you might try these very small dealers in the west?

CC

Shelbydude, I do not disagree with anything you are saying, however, I know for fact that there are several cars here in MI local to me, sitting at 10k or less, and there is no line? Not saying they will not sell, but I still think there is room or oppourtunity out there for the 2008 line, if indeed there are 2007's sitting at that price. make sense? I think you just need to find the right dealer, but when things cool, they cool and dealers will be more willing to let them go. At any rate, I do not need to order one, but here is exactly my dream car:

This is a 2008 Shelby Mustang GT500

T89 - Body code - 850A - Order code - Convertible

UA - Ext color - Ebony Clearcoat

A - Stripe Color - Alloy

GW - Int color - Black / Charcoal

A - Top color - Black

68S - Premium Interior Trim

51H - HID Headlights

918 - Shaker 1000 Audio System

95M - Ambient Lighting

If anyone know of a dealer willing to let me order, that is great. Better yet, maybe a dealer ordered one like this, without someone in mind, that being the case, I will take it just the same when it comes in. The only reason I wanted to order was that I know most are being ordered with the Sat Radio, which I do not want. Ohter than that..... this is the dream!

Thanks again to all.

Shelbydude is telling the truth. When I went in to order mine after they commited to me for 2 years to sell at MSRP on a handshake, they handed me a letter to read from another dealer that was sent to them (and many others) saying name your price & we will by your allotment. They offered me $10,000 NOT to order my car & walk out with a check. Guy #1 on the list told me the same thing happened to him when he went to order, but he said no way also.

Shelbydude, I do not disagree with anything you are saying, however, I know for fact that there are several cars here in MI local to me, sitting at 10k or less, and there is no line? Not saying they will not sell, but I still think there is room or oppourtunity out there for the 2008 line, if indeed there are 2007's sitting at that price. make sense? I think you just need to find the right dealer, but when things cool, they cool and dealers will be more willing to let them go. At any rate, I do not need to order one, but here is exactly my dream car:

This is a 2008 Shelby Mustang GT500

T89 - Body code - 850A - Order code - Convertible

UA - Ext color - Ebony Clearcoat

A - Stripe Color - Alloy

GW - Int color - Black / Charcoal

A - Top color - Black

68S - Premium Interior Trim

51H - HID Headlights

918 - Shaker 1000 Audio System

95M - Ambient Lighting

If anyone know of a dealer willing to let me order, that is great. Better yet, maybe a dealer ordered one like this, without someone in mind, that being the case, I will take it just the same when it comes in. The only reason I wanted to order was that I know most are being ordered with the Sat Radio, which I do not want. Ohter than that..... this is the dream!

Thanks again to all.

I can not help you with an 08 since they are not out yet. You will have to call dealers to find one willing to order one for you.

I can find all the 07's out there and there is over a 100 that are black convertibles without the Sat. Radio but the HID lights and ambient lighting are not available on 07's.

The biggest problem you are going to have is any dealers that will sell for under $10K over have already got customers that have been in line to order and waiting. At this point it is like finding a needle in a haystack unless you are willing to take whatever is sitting on the lot somewhere.

There are a few here that have found a dealer willing to order an 08 at $5K over.

The only thing you can do at this point is go to Ford.com and search for a dealer. Type in the zip code for different areas in different states. It will pull up approx 75 - 100 dealers from that zip code. Go through the list and start calling. Ask for the sales manager. Not some sales person or internet manager. The new car sales manager. That will cut through a lot of wasted time talking to all the wrong people.

Other than that then just wait until winter. I predict the best time will be somewhere between Nov - Feb and when you will find the best deals. After that you may see the ADM's go back up and hit an all time high since they will be close to the end of building the GT500 and whatever is left will be the last to be had. Once they are gone they are gone! The only thing preventing this is IF ford comes out and announces they will build this again for 09. So far ford and SVT both are saying no for 09.

Shelbydude, I understand you can't make a love match for 2008's, as they are not built yet, but you state that you know of over 100 in the 2007 class that match, sort the new 2008 options? I am shocked for several reasons. First, I live in MI as stated above, and there was only one I found and he wants 15k, but it has DVD and 500 not the shaker 1000. If you know of others I would like to know where? I think if there are that many, I might have a chance at negotations! You also stated that there were several dealers already at 5k for 2008's? where are they, and are you saying at that price there is a line? I have to say, I read all there is and am still confused. With so many 2007's still on lots, why are they not sold if dealers still expect 10k over and everyone claims there are all these buyers? I mean something has to be softening don't ya think, or am I missing something? I am all for the guys who paid top dollar for bragging rights, and all for the guy who has to have and paid top dollar, however I am one of those guys that wants one real bad, but I plan on driving it, not sitting on it, and thus the closer to MSRP I can get, the more fun I can have. At any rate, you have no idea how much I value you guys and the info shared here and on other sites. I have a good lead on another chance, from a GREAT new friend (you know who you are), and I will try my luck! Meanwhile, any additional back up info is appreciated!!

Oh yea, and how true is the no show for 2009? Cause that WILL make a difference to me. If I know for fact, or close, that 2009's will NOT be built, then that makes the over MSRP more real! Anyone know fact? I have read 2009 will be built, and was just told that they have not signed that deal, so if anyone can confirm?

Oh yea, and how true is the no show for 2009? Cause that WILL make a difference to me. If I know for fact, or close, that 2009's will NOT be built, then that makes the over MSRP more real! Anyone know fact? I have read 2009 will be built, and was just told that they have not signed that deal, so if anyone can confirm?

The only thing I can tell you is Ford says no 09 and I called SVT and they told me no 09.

Ford says they have other projects to deal with instead, such as getting the Boss out. The Boss was suppose to be 09 but there has been talk of that getting pushed back farther. So who knows.

The ONLY thing I have ever heard about a 09 was from rumors on web sites. No confirmation has been made on this. Only speculation. It appears that a lot of that speculation came from SAI stating there is an "OPTION" for a 3rd year. Well an option for what? Specifically a GT500? Or anything that would pertain to Shelby's name on it? Could be mean a GT350? Could it mean something to do with SAI building something? I have never heard what this option pertains to or what it says. An option can mean anything and it requires both sides to come to agreement on everything.

For now I would have to go on what FORD and SVT says. They both keep saying no for a 2009 GT500.

Also, if sales on these were to drop off where demand is going down then you can pretty much guarantee they won't build one in 09.

Ford claims they plan to offer at least one new specialy mustang every year. So I would look for the Boss, Mach 1, etc. to come next.

Shelbydude, I understand you can't make a love match for 2008's, as they are not built yet, but you state that you know of over 100 in the 2007 class that match, sort the new 2008 options? I am shocked for several reasons. First, I live in MI as stated above, and there was only one I found and he wants 15k, but it has DVD and 500 not the shaker 1000. If you know of others I would like to know where? I think if there are that many, I might have a chance at negotations! You also stated that there were several dealers already at 5k for 2008's? where are they, and are you saying at that price there is a line? I have to say, I read all there is and am still confused. With so many 2007's still on lots, why are they not sold if dealers still expect 10k over and everyone claims there are all these buyers? I mean something has to be softening don't ya think, or am I missing something? I am all for the guys who paid top dollar for bragging rights, and all for the guy who has to have and paid top dollar, however I am one of those guys that wants one real bad, but I plan on driving it, not sitting on it, and thus the closer to MSRP I can get, the more fun I can have. At any rate, you have no idea how much I value you guys and the info shared here and on other sites. I have a good lead on another chance, from a GREAT new friend (you know who you are), and I will try my luck! Meanwhile, any additional back up info is appreciated!!

I just checked and there is not a single black vert with shaker 1000 and charcoal interior without the Sat Radio showing up.

There are 48 black verts with dark charcoal interior and shaker 1000 showing up.

This is out of 3,552 dealers in the US.

But they all have the sat. radio.

Shelbydude, you are amazing! Not sure how you do that, but you just confirmed that I need to go to 2008 to get what I want! If there are NO 2007's that match, then I will not be wasting anymore time with them. I will now concentrate my efforts on getting the 2008 of my dreams. Hope I understood that right?

Is there any way of knowing what dealers will have what in allocations? or which will have a high number? Even if you can get that for, say a three state area, like MI, OH and IN?

Also, I am not sure how you did that, if you are connected or what, but I really apprecate all you have given me today. Thanks a lot.

Shelbydude, you are amazing! Not sure how you do that, but you just confirmed that I need to go to 2008 to get what I want! If there are NO 2007's that match, then I will not be wasting anymore time with them. I will now concentrate my efforts on getting the 2008 of my dreams. Hope I understood that right?

Is there any way of knowing what dealers will have what in allocations? or which will have a high number? Even if you can get that for, say a three state area, like MI, OH and IN?

Also, I am not sure how you did that, if you are connected or what, but I really apprecate all you have given me today. Thanks a lot.

I have no way of knowing which dealers get what for allocation. What I do know is all dealers get at least one and all 2006 president winners get one extra and all the rest are given out on share of nation, which means all the bigger volumn dealers will get more.

I can tell you what dealers in each state are president winners.

BTW, there are 6 dealers in MI that have a 07 black vert showing in stock that were are delivered in May of 07. But they all have the sat. radio.

Here are the 2006 President Winners in the State of Michigan.

So these dealers will at least get two GT500's for 2008 and some may get more.

BIG VALLEY FORD-MERCURY INC

EWEN

MI

BLACKWELL FORD, INC.

PLYMOUTH

MI

BOSHEARS FORD SALES INC

MARSHALL

MI

DEAN ARBOUR F-M OF TAWAS, INC.

TAWAS CITY

MI

DEAN ARBOUR FORD OF WEST BRANC

WEST BRANCH

MI

FRIENDLY FORD, INC.

MONROE

MI

GRAND LEDGE FORD, INC.

GRAND LEDGE

MI

HINES PARK FORD, INC.

NEW HUDSON

MI

HINES PARK LINCOLN-MERCURY INC

PLYMOUTH

MI

JACK DEMMER LINCOLN MERCURY, I

DEARBORN

MI

KELLER FORD INC

GRAND RAPIDS

MI

NORTH BROS. FORD, INC.

WESTLAND

MI

PALMER MOTOR SALES, INC.

CHELSEA

MI

PAT MILLIKEN FORD, INC.

REDFORD TWP

MI

PFEIFFER LINCOLN-MERCURY INC

GRAND RAPIDS

MI

ROY O'BRIEN, INC.

ST CLAIR SHORES

MI

SCOTT MCNAMARA FORD LINCOLN ME

ROSCOMMON

MI

SHEPHERD LINCOLN-MERCURY, INC.

RICHMOND

MI

VARSITY FORD

ANN ARBOR

MI

VARSITY LINCOLN-MERCURY, INC.

NOVI

MI

VILLAGE FORD INC

DEARBORN

MI

The only thing I can tell you is Ford says no 09 and I called SVT and they told me no 09.

Ford says they have other projects to deal with instead, such as getting the Boss out. The Boss was suppose to be 09 but there has been talk of that getting pushed back farther. So who knows.

The ONLY thing I have ever heard about a 09 was from rumors on web sites. No confirmation has been made on this. Only speculation. It appears that a lot of that speculation came from SAI stating there is an "OPTION" for a 3rd year. Well an option for what? Specifically a GT500? Or anything that would pertain to Shelby's name on it? Could be mean a GT350? Could it mean something to do with SAI building something? I have never heard what this option pertains to or what it says. An option can mean anything and it requires both sides to come to agreement on everything.

For now I would have to go on what FORD and SVT says. They both keep saying no for a 2009 GT500.

Also, if sales on these were to drop off where demand is going down then you can pretty much guarantee they won't build one in 09.

Ford claims they plan to offer at least one new specialy mustang every year. So I would look for the Boss, Mach 1, etc. to come next.

ShelbyDude,

I have it on good authority that the H/Boss engine program is cancelled.

Stuart

On a side note, at a big all model car show on the beach up here today, there was a alloy GT500 that got less stares than a 6 banger stang. I was very sad for the car and the owners as I left my GF and ran as fast as I could to go check it out before the guy left! :D

I loved it and that is all that matters, but I always read on here that the general public loved these things. Oh well

Do the dearlerships that are getting at least one have the appropriate information to place an order? ie. do they have the costs etc. to determine MSRP or are some of you folks placing orders and putting deposits wit hfinal sale price TBD.

Thanks

Tom

PS - ShelbyDude - can you PM the list of dealerships in Ohio and Texas that are presidential winners?

Thanks again

Do the dearlerships that are getting at least one have the appropriate information to place an order? ie. do they have the costs etc. to determine MSRP or are some of you folks placing orders and putting deposits wit hfinal sale price TBD.

My dealership did not know how much the price had gone up until I told them $1000. They can place the order and you can pretty much find out here how much options are. I don't see the gas guzzler tax going up that much if at all but time will tell and this has not been released yet. So yes, to answer your question my purchase agreement says msrp + $5,000 and the final total will be determined later.

Thanks

Tom

PS - ShelbyDude - can you PM the list of dealerships in Ohio and Texas that are presidential winners?

Thanks again

All orders for 2008 so far are orders taken without knowing what the MSRP is going to be. Ford has not released any pricing on the 08 other than announcing that the base MSRP will be $1,000 more for the GT500.

Ford said they will be releasing pricing sometime around mid June. So it should be available anytime within the next couple of weeks.

I will post the list of all the President Winners for 2006 in a new thread.

Is there a web site or something that shows the President's winners for last year? I think you'll have a lot of people asking... I'm looking in OR, WA, ID, and MT.

Don't know. But I will post a new topic listing all the 2006 President Winners. There are about 416 dealers that got it.

Archived