TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Gt350 Production Numbers (Very Low)

Word I'm getting is that possibly as early as 2017 the GT 350, and the future GT500 will no longer have the Shelby name on them. They will be SVT cars only !

That would mean Ford would have to bring back the SVT banner as it has already been put to rest and no longer used.

Word I'm getting is that possibly as early as 2017 the GT 350, and the future GT500 will no longer have the Shelby name on them. They will be SVT cars only !

As they should now, at least that would be honest.

I agree ! Shelby on the plastic front splitter only doesn't cut for me. No disrespect to the car. It just exudes a lack of full commitment, and a sign of things to come, and in a way treats us like we are all idiots !

Using the GT350 name is bad enough. But then maybe the Trust needs funding. Anyway, Ford used the Cobra name on performance model SVT Mustangs for years so I guess the precedent had been set.

Your narrow-mindedness is completely amazing. With that mindset, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Dodge,Shelby and other vehicles and inventions are no longer their namesake because their founders have passed on. How disrespectful!! Shelby's shop is still in business building Shelbys!! So, are the late 1967-1970 Shelby Mustangs not Shelby's? Should we call the cars Vince LaViolette's as he is the Shelby American Senior Designer and Test Driver?? Why can't Ford build a new GT350, it's a name of their performance Mustang that will outperform all previous models? Are you jealous and just looking out for your own Shelby vehicle's values?? Your comments are very narrow, disrespectful, annoying and offensive.

Personally, I'd rather have an 08-09 KR.

I'm with you!!!

The new GT350 will never be anywhere close to an equal IMO to my 2012 Shelby GT350 !

Another thing is that you guys are already trashing the car before it has even been released!! The new cars with ecoboosts and flat-planes will far exceed performance-wise our old jalopies no matter how much you puff them up to hold their values. The delusion!!

Another thing is that you guys are already trashing the car before it has even been released!! The new cars with ecoboosts and flat-planes will far exceed performance-wise our old jalopies no matter how much you puff them up to hold their values. The delusion!!

Aren't we all allowed to be a little delusional and sentimental at times as long as no nobody else is harmed. Edited by cmcmotorworks

Not trashing at all. I think the new GT350 will be an awesome car. My response was to agree that I'd rather, however, own an 08-09 KR. This is for three reasons. IMO the KR is a beautiful, better looking car. Secondly, the KR is a Shelby, like the Shelby GT, that was pre-title and Shelby Autos completed. Lastly, I could get a KR for probably $25K less?

Having said all that...I'm not getting either one!!

Not trashing at all. I think the new GT350 will be an awesome car. My response was to agree that I'd rather, however, own an 08-09 KR. This is for three reasons. IMO the KR is a beautiful, better looking car. Secondly, the KR is a Shelby, like the Shelby GT, that was pre-title and Shelby Autos completed. Lastly, I could get a KR for probably $25K less?

Having said all that...I'm not getting either one!!

So, you are another person saying that the late '67 through '70 and '07-up GT500 Mustangs are not Shelbys and yours is one of the only "true" ones because the mods were installed at Shelby?

Edit: You're not getting one and the car hasn't been released yet. :club:

Aren't we all allowed to be a little delusional and sentimental at times as long as no nobody else is harmed.

That's bull! So-called Ford and Shelby "Enthusiasts" posting trash about Ford's new car!! How do you think this looks to potential purchasers, kids (future buyers), management, and the designers of the car? You should be ashamed of yourselves! I give Ford and Shelby tons of credit for wanting to design and build the cars and trucks they do FOR US when most of us buy foreign cars for our daily drivers. :nonono:

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Secondo

So, you are another person saying that the late '67 through '70 and '07-up GT500 Mustangs are not Shelbys and yours is one of the only "true" ones because the mods were installed at Shelby?

Edit: You're not getting one and the car hasn't been released yet. :club:

That's bull! So-called Ford and Shelby "Enthusiasts" posting trash about Ford's new car!! How do you think this looks to potential purchasers, kids (future buyers), management, and the designers of the car? You should be ashamed of yourselves! I give Ford and Shelby tons of credit for wanting to design and build the cars and trucks they do FOR US when most of us buy foreign cars for our daily drivers. :nonono:

Edit: Grammar

Sorry I brought it up ! Anyways. I guess I owe you an shirt now ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

So, you are another person saying that the late '67 through '70 and '07-up GT500 Mustangs are not Shelbys and yours is one the only "true" one because the mods were installed at Shelby?

You, having been here longer than me, know that's an endless discussion. I think all 67 to 70 Shelby's were sent to a outside Shelby-owned facility to be completed, but I could be wrong on that. In any event, when I got my Shelby GT in '07, I wanted a Shelby that was "touched" by Shelby Autos and pre-title, just like the originals. So I'm not saying one is better or more "Shelby" than the other, but instead just noting my preferences.

The market decides what is and isn't a sought after Shelby. Just look at prices for the GT500s of late, vs. the GT350s. Oh wait, not fair because Ford SVT turned them out like toilet paper compared to SAI's cars? Rarity also figures into it. And ilmor, the '68-'70 (actually '69 since the '70s were leftover '69s that were re-VINed) were completed at AO Smith, not Ford, and not Shelby American LA like the '65-'67 Shelbys were, so some think they are lesser cars, and the market also reflects that, but also many more '68-'69s were built than the '65-'67, so rarity is also a factor. Yes, the debate (angry by some here it seems) continues ad infinitum, and those who make choices about what to buy at any time use their logic for why they bought what they did and not the "other", so it will never end.

You, having been here longer than me, know that's an endless discussion. I think all 67 to 70 Shelby's were sent to a outside Shelby-owned facility to be completed, but I could be wrong on that. In any event, when I got my Shelby GT in '07, I wanted a Shelby that was "touched" by Shelby Autos and pre-title, just like the originals. So I'm not saying one is better or more "Shelby" than the other, but instead just noting my preferences.

A narrow vision. There were many Shelby vehicles not "touched" by Carroll and his shop but designed and/or consulted by him nonetheless. I can go further with this argument.

The AO Smith started building the late '67 cars. I for one, and even Carroll Shelby and Rick Kopec themselves do not think of these or any other Shelby vehicles to be any less "Shelby."

The market decides what is and isn't a sought after Shelby. Just look at prices for the GT500s of late, vs. the GT350s. Oh wait, not fair because Ford SVT turned them out like toilet paper compared to SAI's cars? Rarity also figures into it. And ilmor, the '68-'70 (actually '69 since the '70s were leftover '69s that were re-VINed) were completed at AO Smith, not Ford, and not Shelby American LA like the '65-'67 Shelbys were, so some think they are lesser cars, and the market also reflects that, but also many more '68-'69s were built than the '65-'67, so rarity is also a factor. Yes, the debate (angry by some here it seems) continues ad infinitum, and those who make choices about what to buy at any time use their logic for why they bought what they did and not the "other", so it will never end.

:hysterical2::talkhand:

Here we go again, Mike, values, values, market, blah blah blah. The love of values and money (and apparently, some bias towards the older models) are keeping some here from enjoying the new Shelby GT350. The first 137 2015's are for the collectors to store away. The rest, Ford will build to satisfy demand, make money and build respect, what you call "toilet paper." Shameful.

I'm glad Ford has more sense than those who only care about their personal collections, future collectability and values. I've said this before, history will not repeat itself because the cars are continuously improving unlike what we had in the '70's-'80's, no matter what negative things you have to say about the new cars.

A narrow vision. There were many Shelby vehicles not "touched" by Carroll and his shop but designed and/or consulted by him nonetheless. I can go further with this argument.

The AO Smith started building the late '67 cars. I for one, and even Carroll Shelby and Rick Kopec themselves do not think of these or any other Shelby vehicles to be any less "Shelby's"

I never said they were less Shelby's. I said I had preferences. Kind of hard to discuss if you're going to keep putting words in my mouth. So, I'll just stop here. Like I said, these discussions are endless.

I never said they were less Shelby's. I said I had preferences. Kind of hard to discuss if you're going to keep putting words in my mouth. So, I'll just stop here. Like I said, these discussions are endless.

Your past posts here prove otherwise. How about leaving the new Shelby GT350 out of the discussions about your "preferences?"

Your past posts here prove otherwise. How about leaving the new Shelby GT350 out of the discussions about your "preferences?"

Wow, sorry to have offended you so much and caused such angst. My apologies.

The love of values and money (and apparently, some bias towards the older models) are keeping some here from enjoying the new Shelby GT350.

Really? You find that to be a bad thing? So people's opinions and preferences can't include these factors? It is a free country and we are all free to exercise our choices and preferences for cars based on whatever we individually think is important to us, last I checked. :headspin:

Guys, Ford is committed to the Shelby brand, it is very important to them. They are doubling down on the Shelby brand with the release of the GT350 (and soon to be re-introduced new GT500). It is an iconic brand and Ford is wise to use it. I am fine with it, I am more interested in the performance aspects of what Ford is building and from what I can see , they are introducing some serious hardware and more on the drawing board!

Free country, that's your excuse? You and some others here use it to trash Ford's new car to "protect" the values your own personal collection of jalopies. On a Shelby site. Really.

:banghead:

My excuse??? So I need to justify my preferences in cars to you???? Get a life….. :finger:

never liked the SVT name thought it was tacky... why not just use FR like they did on the race car FR500 Ford Racing for short

Guys, Ford is committed to the Shelby brand, it is very important to them. They are doubling down on the Shelby brand with the release of the GT350 (and soon to be re-introduced new GT500). It is an iconic brand and Ford is wise to use it. I am fine with it, I am more interested in the performance aspects of what Ford is building and from what I can see , they are introducing some serious hardware and more on the drawing board!

Now this is a great post and what I'm talking about! :thumbsup:

never liked the SVT name thought it was tacky... why not just use FR like they did on the race car FR500 Ford Racing for short

There is also no more Ford Racing. It is all grouped together as Ford Performance now.

Here's a short cool new Shelby GT350 video from Ford Performance with the engineers and devolopers of the car and shots of the car in action. This car is no joke and not just in name only!!

"The new GT350 builds on Carroll Shelby’s original idea – transforming a great every-day car into a dominant road racer – by taking advantage of a dramatically improved sixth-generation Mustang to create a truly special driving experience. Driving enthusiasts behind the wheel of a Shelby GT350 can expect to be treated to the most balanced, nimble and exhilarating production Mustang yet."

Edited by Secondo