TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Gt350 Production Numbers (Very Low)

Woo hoo. Let all those with money to burn show up and "get it now". Personally, I benefited greatly by waiting when I bought my '09 car at less than sticker. No ADM's for me. ;)

With only one hundred, it will be similar to the 1993 Cobra R. Very few, if any will even make it into showrooms ( for public sale that is ). The dealers that get allotted one will keep them most likely !

Why? They will make 5000 in 2016. The 2015's will be at the end of the production cycle and there won't even be a burp and, voila, 2016's will pop off the line.

Guest markham51

Why? They will make 5000 in 2016. The 2015's will be at the end of the production cycle and there won't even be a burp and, voila, 2016's will pop off the line.

I agree. You wont be able to order a 2015. When the order banks open everything will get booked as a 2016. I personally would rather have a 2016 anyway. Its about the driving fun and the collectibility doesn't matter to me. I just want to get in the drivers seat and kick it! :peelout:

For the few that will be able to get one of the 37 2015 R models, good for them. I think it is really cool that Ford is recognizing and paying homage to Carroll and that exclusive 37 number from 50 years ago. And hey, if like me, you can't get one of those, then they will make plenty available in 2016 and 2017. If I can get one late next year or the following, I plan on driving it's wheels off on the track and enjoying every moment of it. I probably just couldn't do that with one of the 37. Having that collectible for some will be great I'm sure. I'll wait until the large group comes out that I will be able to get at MSRP. It will not be that long of a wait either. Like Tony says above, as soon as the recognized small group of 2015's are completed, the 2016's will start up right on their heels. I think it's great what they are doing in respect for the history.

Just read this and how we all wish SAI was still building the GT350 huh! 137 cars and that's it, c'mon FORD all you did was guarantee the dealers will hold the cars hostage and anyone who pays such an absurd markup should be slapped in the head! Look at the fools who paid ridiculous amounts for the 2007 Shelby's and they don't hold much value now so how's your decision on that one holding up? lol

Just read this and how we all wish SAI was still building the GT350 huh! 137 cars and that's it, c'mon FORD all you did was guarantee the dealers will hold the cars hostage and anyone who pays such an absurd markup should be slapped in the head! Look at the fools who paid ridiculous amounts for the 2007 Shelby's and they don't hold much value now so how's your decision on that one holding up? lol

Like I said, they're trying to make the 2015 MY vehicles "instant collectors". If you want one to drive just wait for the 2016s. They may try to hold them hostage for ADMs but politely remind the dealer that 2016 != 2015 and that you know they can get as many as the want (ask if they had trouble getting a GT500). Some grunts may try but a knowledgeable dealer manager won't try for very long, especially to an informed buyer.

For the few that will be able to get one of the 37 2015 R models, good for them. I think it is really cool that Ford is recognizing and paying homage to Carroll and that exclusive 37 number from 50 years ago. And hey, if like me, you can't get one of those, then they will make plenty available in 2016 and 2017. If I can get one late next year or the following, I plan on driving it's wheels off on the track and enjoying every moment of it. I probably just couldn't do that with one of the 37. Having that collectible for some will be great I'm sure. I'll wait until the large group comes out that I will be able to get at MSRP. It will not be that long of a wait either. Like Tony says above, as soon as the recognized small group of 2015's are completed, the 2016's will start up right on their heels. I think it's great what they are doing in respect for the history.

Well said Jeff. I couldn't agree more!!

Yeah those GT500s were hurt when Ford decided to keep building more and more of them. If they truly only build 137 of these GT350s I think they may hold value, but all of this also depends on the usual peaks and valleys of collector car sales. The other factor is that car lovers are literally a dying breed. The millennial's don't car about cars.

The millennial's don't car about cars.

Not entirely true, they like cars with fart pipe exhaust, 4 and 6 bangers, and engines with names like "ecoBoost". But not our generation of V8s, dual exhaust with glass pack mufflers, and engines with names like "CobraJet"…….. :)

Not entirely true, they like cars with fart pipe exhaust, 4 and 6 bangers, and engines with names like "ecoBoost". But not our generation of V8s, dual exhaust with glass pack mufflers, and engines with names like "CobraJet"…….. :)

Maybe you're right about "Millennial's ". It's the next and present gen, "Generation Z", that for the most part is not into cars at all. Unless they're self-driving cars...

My Millennial kids learned to drive in my '68 Shelby GT350, my daughter wanted a '64 1/2 'vert and my son wanted a '08 SRT8 Magnum. My daughter still has her Mustang, but my son traded for a Honda Ridgeline, and my daughter's daily driver is a Honda CRV. Not sure how I ended up with such practical kids……... :)

I guess if my kids don't care about them, I'll just have to sell them off, when the time come to help pay Medicare supplements retirement home costs etc. What ever I'm able to get for them will have to do !

Speaking of...........

Can you imagine? Jay Lenno has no children. Who will end up with his incredible collection? The state of Calif? :fear:

:drop:

Ford is creating the atmosphere for ADM's with the 2015 Shelby GT 350. The dealers will put some hefty ADM's on the 2015's. When the 2016's come out they will try the same tactics. I bet it will take until 2017 for things to get sane. Thanks to the marketing guys over at Ford for creating a buying nightmare.

Looks like I'll take a pass on the GT 350 until things settle down.

Edited by mach 1 1970

My Millennial kids learned to drive in my '68 Shelby GT350, my daughter wanted a '64 1/2 'vert and my son wanted a '08 SRT8 Magnum. My daughter still has her Mustang, but my son traded for a Honda Ridgeline, and my daughter's daily driver is a Honda CRV. Not sure how I ended up with such practical kids……... :)

You done well! My Gen Z daughter likes cars too...a rarity these days.....