TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Install Baer Eradispeed Rotors In Rear

Getting ready to install a set of Rear Baer Eradi speed drilled and slotted 14 inch rotors.

Question is: Is there anything to look out for during the install? Will the Caliper Pistons need to be pressed back in if not removing the stock pads?

The car has 8.000 miles on it and not really any hard braking.

Any advice would be great.

I agree with H0050. This mod was performed by myself a few years ago also. I do not recall having to put the pistons back in the caliper. As a reminder these pistons are not pressed in but turned in because of the internal e-brake. If an adjustment was needed it will be minimal. -Kevin

Thanks for the info.

So no issues with the calipers slipping back over the bigger rotors when not changing pads or adjusting the piston back out?

I had to back my caliper pistons in when i did mine. Nothing terrible, just one or two turns.

I probably could'a got away without but they were too tight for my liking. I turned mine with a big pair of channel lock (water pump) pliers.

Phill

Thanks for all the info!

I completed the job last night. Big visual difference!!

Did not have time to drive just pumped the brakes a few times and backed out of the garage and back in.

The test will be later today.

Thanks for all the info!

I completed the job last night. Big visual difference!!

Did not have time to drive just pumped the brakes a few times and backed out of the garage and back in.

The test will be later today.

Glad it worked out for you!

Archived