TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby E-Bay Store

supersnake junkie

Just thought that I would throw out an interesting point concerning the e-bay site.

There has been a few Supersnake aluminuim brake covers(large) on there over the past few months with most of them going for way above the SPP price on the store!

Today for example,Sunday April 26th there is one quoted to be the last "one we have" and there are so far 13 bids on it and the price is over $200!!!!

Now bear in mind,this is listed on SPP website for $69.99!

I have been debating on getting one for mine and when I saw The "last one we have"I thought oh oh!

So I went onto SPP and ordered a couple of other things and decided to order a new large SS brake cover,thinking that it wouldn't let me get one as the "last one we have" was on their eBay store!!!

Well I got one,and for the price of $69.95!!!!!!

So sadly there seems to be some mis-information out there and quite a few Joe Public paying way over price for the same part!!!!!

It's kinda like going to Costco..............know what your prices outside before you buy thinking that you got a deal!!!!!

Kind of interesting wouldn't you say!!!!!

I don't see any Super snake brake covers on the SPP website. Just CS covers.

Just go to engine parts,click onto the CS mustang one and (2005-2008) Large cover and it will give you the list of different ones!!!!

Just an update,the eBay one sold for $331 !!!!!!!!!!

I would be sick if somebody told me that I could have got one for $69.99 from SPP! ( the starting price!)

Some people on ebay are so stupid. I think some will pay anything just to win a bid like an addiction.

I think the OP's complaint is that SPP said that it was "The Last One" in the Auction Post as if trying to jack the bids up when in reality, it was NOT the "Last One".

Last one on eBay...

I dont think its a Shelby issue. Its a "today's business practice" issue. In my business, we are very old school construction company. By that, I mean we take pride in our work, and we have a reputation for building some of the best roads in TX. Then some yahoo comes in and builds a road for the minimum the state will accept as passable. This was okay for a while, but now nearly every company does it, and it gives a competitive advantage. Now we find ourselves stuck between remaining competitive and doing the work we are known for. I see this not just in this industry either. Its a way of life. TV networks now speedup a show or movie to fit in extra commercials. Creative executives looking to build a name for themselves.

Back to Shelby- it could have been an honest mistake or maybe the store ones are not original stock. Lets not rush to judge. Ive made some excellent buys on eBay myself on Shelby's list.

In today's market place it makes sense to do your homework or it's buyer beware.

I totally agree Larry T!!!!! My whole point with this subject is not to point a finger at SPP or anybody else but to highlight how people don't seem do do any kind of research before buying and then overspend by a huge amount!

Their loss,Shelbys gain!!!!

I shop things to death......at nauseum sometimes. However, sometimes right at the very last minute, I find a crazy good deal.

Also, at times if the deal isn't good enuf, I put it to bed for a while. Then give it a look later on. You never know how things can change out there. It seems there's ALWAYS someone willing to sell something for less than other folks. You just have to spend the extra time to wade thru all the minutia to find 'em!

I shop things to death......at nauseum sometimes. However, sometimes right at the very last minute, I find a crazy good deal.

Also, at times if the deal isn't good enuf, I put it to bed for a while. Then give it a look later on. You never know how things can change out there. It seems there's ALWAYS someone willing to sell something for less than other folks. You just have to spend the extra time to wade thru all the minutia to find 'em!

Yep, that's what I do. Of course, I am also they type of guy that will by a cool Part for a Car that I do not even own because the price was to good to pass up and who knows, I might just by a Car that the Part fits on sometime in the future......................... or sell it later for a huge profit.............. :whistling:

Yep, that's what I do. Of course, I am also they type of guy that will by a cool Part for a Car that I do not even own because the price was to good to pass up and who knows, I might just by a Car that the Part fits on sometime in the future......................... or sell it later for a huge profit.............. :whistling:

Man we have a lot of things in common David. :)

I bought my 350 wheels with that intent. Then changed my mind once they arrived.

I just want to clear things up. I am the eBay manager at Shelby and want to assure you the only Super Snake Large cover (2008 and older) we had is what was just run. It is a discontinued item and not available through Shelby Performance Parts.

We found 1 unit and to be fair to everyone listed it on eBay. The small covers (2008 and newer) are available on the Shelby Performance Site. These are two completely different parts. We do have several of the small covers available

but when they are sold out they are gone as well. You should never see a part up for auction that we offer on our Shelby Performance Parts site. We do not want customers to pay over list. The only time we list items on eBay in an Auction format

is when it is open box, used or damaged or a last item as this was. Buy it now items are exactly the same price as our other site.

Just thought that I would throw out an interesting point concerning the e-bay site.

There has been a few Supersnake aluminuim brake covers(large) on there over the past few months with most of them going for way above the SPP price on the store!

Today for example,Sunday April 26th there is one quoted to be the last "one we have" and there are so far 13 bids on it and the price is over $200!!!!

Now bear in mind,this is listed on SPP website for $69.99!

I have been debating on getting one for mine and when I saw The "last one we have"I thought oh oh!

So I went onto SPP and ordered a couple of other things and decided to order a new large SS brake cover,thinking that it wouldn't let me get one as the "last one we have" was on their eBay store!!!

Well I got one,and for the price of $69.95!!!!!!

So sadly there seems to be some mis-information out there and quite a few Joe Public paying way over price for the same part!!!!!

It's kinda like going to Costco..............know what your prices outside before you buy thinking that you got a deal!!!!!

Kind of interesting wouldn't you say!!!!!

I just want to clear things up. I am the eBay manager at Shelby and want to assure you the only Super Snake Large cover (2008 and older) we had is what was just run. It is a discontinued item and not available through Shelby Performance Parts.

We found 1 unit and to be fair to everyone listed it on eBay. The small covers (2008 and newer) are available on the Shelby Performance Site. These are two completely different parts. We do have several of the small covers available

but when they are sold out they are gone as well. You should never see a part up for auction that we offer on our Shelby Performance Parts site. We do not want customers to pay over list. The only time we list items on eBay in an Auction format

is when it is open box, used or damaged or a last item as this was. Buy it now items are exactly the same price as our other site.

This could get interesting.........................Only time will tell. SSJ, let us know if you receive it.

I have faith in this response.

I have faith in this response.

I do also, but if that is the case, then there is a problem with the store web site. You can click on the 2008 and older large cover and select the SS logo for purchase with no problem. So either there is a problem with the web store where it should be showing as discontinued and it is not, or the logo has changed from the one on ebay or other? It sure does appear that you can order one on the web store.

That's my problem. I'll buy a cool part, then later on have to buy the car it goes on so I can use the part.

I do also, but if that is the case, then there is a problem with the store web site. You can click on the 2008 and older large cover and select the SS logo for purchase with no problem. So either there is a problem with the web store where it should be showing as discontinued and it is not, or the logo has changed from the one on ebay or other? It sure does appear that you can order one on the web store.

+1 ... the site needs some work

This is the kind if stuff that makes SAI look really,really bad. In this case they are either totally dishonest or incompetent. I'd like to believe they are neither and this is just an unfortunate mix up but if you string some of these situations together it's no good.

This is the kind if stuff that makes SAI look really,really bad. In this case they are either totally dishonest or incompetent. I'd like to believe they are neither and this is just an unfortunate mix up but if you string some of these situations together it's no good.

Do you know how many Pages their Web Site has? MANY, probably a couple hundred or more and there is bound to be a glitch once in a while. Either someone miss counted when they put the Item in the system, which is easy to do if you have to count a LOT of items, or someone pulled an item off the shelf to replace a damaged one being exchanged in person and forgot to take it out of the system, or the system had a burp and it didn't subtract one or more out of the system as they sold, it happens, ours does that a lot. No body is perfect and NO Computer Program is Flawless. It happens, that's life.

Do you know how many Pages their Web Site has? MANY, probably a couple hundred or more and there is bound to be a glitch once in a while. Either someone miss counted when they put the Item in the system, which is easy to do if you have to count a LOT of items, or someone pulled an item off the shelf to replace a damaged one being exchanged in person and forgot to take it out of the system, or the system had a burp and it didn't subtract one or more out of the system as they sold, it happens, ours does that a lot. No body is perfect and NO Computer Program is Flawless. It happens, that's life.

Totally agree. Just seems like SAI makes more mistakes than you'd expect but maybe we're just more observant and picky than most consumers. Seems to be an innocent mistake. My wording was too harsh.

My only gripe with their eBay site is their listing of parts (formerly known as restricted). One day I'm having to provide my VIN in order to purchase a part and the next it's on eBay.

I think it would be great if they listed the SS and KR parts on the forum first in order to give those of us who actually own those models a chance to purchase the parts first. I'm sure more of our members spend more time on here than eBay anyway.

I hate seeing KR parts going to just anyone who has the highest bid. It sort of lessens our so-called exclusivity factor.

But that's just me.

AK.

This could get interesting.........................Only time will tell. SSJ, let us know if you receive it.

I certainly will, it is interesting to read that open box items go up on the eBay site.

This is true to my knowledge as this is at least the second Large Supersnske Brake reservoir cover (2005-2008) that I have seen but wonder why an open box item would not go on there with a buy it now at say the list price on SPP as surely an open box item could have some "battle damage" so not as desirable as a new boxed item.

But then on reflection,why would SPP do that when they can get $331 for it instead of $69.99!!!!!!!!!

Just like the many so called take off KR wheels they sale at auction. They should remove the balancing stickers to make it more believable.

I guess if you take the tires off the brand new rims that counts as take off parts.

Archived