TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Ford Mustang Gt500 With Only 178 Miles

tomas6791

Someone thought it would be worth money later. At least he's not under the delusion that it would be worth more than new. The window sticker price on this was 45060. Ebay price is 35999. Still too high and people don't really give a bonus for low miles on these cars. But now you've got an almost 8 year car that's never been driven and that can be very problematic.

I purchased a 2007 GT-500 in Nov 2013 with 89 miles on it. One of the first ones built that year. Still had all the stickers on the windows and plastic covers and yellow tags on the inside, and smelled like new inside. Still does smell new inside. First thing I did was change ALL the fluids and babied it the first 1000 miles. It never had the clutch TSB but amazingly it isn't that bad. The shifter was even OK, although I since put the MGW Gen II in it. Still in better than showroom condition. Runs like a Swiss watch. I love this car.

Ran into a guy in Vegas--we had just come from Shelby and I was proudly wearing my GT 500 embroidered shirt--and we met going in/out of the elevator. He said, "You got a GT 500?" I said yes, and he proceeds to tell me he's got a 2013 with 13 miles on it. 13 miles! He was very excited about that. Then he asked me what I had.....you should have seen his face when I said I had a very early 2007 with almost 50,000 miles on it......and I put everyone of them on it! Priceless. We both left shaking our heads because neither of us could understand the other. Just happens there was another guy in the elevator who looked at me and said, "What's the point of having a car like that if you don't drive it?" Exactly!

BTW, I think I'm seeing the pics right, is that car Alloy Metallic?

Archived