TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Is Gone. Sad But True. New Boss R Spec Race Car Arrives.

I'm curious. Did that car start out as a body in white, or was it a GT sold at a dealership?

Car started life as a 5.0 GT. Stripped down and built out to Boss S/R specs.

It is not a factory Boss S or R but built out to very equivalent specs. Seam welded, Watson Cage, etc, etc.......Build sheet is very extensive. I posted the build sheet on Two KRs for sale VA & NJ thread. It is easily an $80K build with a new balanced Boss 302 engine with Oliver Rods and bigger injectors, Cobra Jet intake, full coil over suspension with remote reservoirs etc, etc,

We put the Boss Striping on it since it clearly is powered by a Boss 302 and nearly all components are Ford Racing except for things for example like the oil and trans coolers that are Setrab etc..

Dada: The wing is not for looks. Its not a show and shine Mustang. It was built to compete in AI or AIX or Trans Am TA3. The rear "G Stream" wing creates so much down force at speed that the trunk lid underneath has welded support rods triangulated so the rear trunk surface doesn't dent in from the down force. Also, as other have noted I can't drive it on the street unless I want to get arrested.

Edited by REAL ONE

I'm well versed in the Boss cars, including the S and R. I didn't see the "R" on the decal on his silver one, and I don't remember silver being an available color, so I asked the question.

Every R I've seen has the R on the decal.

GATR-4.jpg

Fat Boss: Thanks. As with you I am familiar with the Boss S and R also. This car was built to equivalent specs and is actually closer to an R than the S as it is also all seam welded, fuel cell etc.... The color is cement Grey. Clearly not a Boss color but it is "different". I had the Boss stripes put on because I love the Boss 302 (I also own a 2012 CO Boss) and because its new heart is a new Boss 302 that has forged Oliver Rods, larger injectors and has been balanced in addition to the fact that the build is right between the S and R. Also has a Cobra Jet intake. On the restricted tune it is doing 397hp at the rear wheel. Unrestricted it's 447 hp at the rear wheel. Weight 3200lbs.

I posted the build sheet on the Thread "Couple of KRs for sale in VA and NJ" on page 2 if you want to check it out.

Edited by REAL ONE

Not remorse since I love the new race car and hope to have a lot of fun with it at events in the years to come. Do I wish I still had a KR? Sure. Can't have everything. Have to make choices in life.

The new GT350 will be an amazing car. However, what guys don't understand is that even at HPDE events the speeds are tremendous. Many of todays performance cars like the GT350, Hellcat, Z06 etc...are super fast but don't offer the needed protection if !$% goes bad out on the track. The faster you are going the more you need to think about safety. Its not only you. It could be someone else, fluids on the track etc...Shit happens and at speed it happens fast!

To build a GT350 to race specs with a Cage, 5 point harnesses, fire system alone will run you over $10K and the car is really not streetable anymore. You reach a point with this were you have to decide whether to cross over to the other side with the car. Once you do there is no coming back. Hard to remove a cage and put things back.

Edited by REAL ONE

Nice car. I can see why you did the trade. The wing is ghay no matter how functional it is and the promo sticker would absolutely have to go. The window net is awesome for the track but completely pretentious for street use, and I'd personally probably remove the door number. All minor preferences of mine, but aside from that, it looks like a badass car.

Obviously, you are commenting on something you are ill informed about.

To an avid road course driver, this car has all the right stuff.

Realone - good luck with your new ride!

Normally Boss R cars are not sold through the normal dealer network. They are sold through the parts department :) They do not have a VIN (and MSO) and cannot be registered with license plates. They are sold with a serial number on a bill of sale.

I always found it interesting the way the R/S/CJ/BIW "vehicles" were sold.

Be a part of Boss history. See your local Ford dealer to order your own Boss 302R.

If you are interested, ask your Ford Dealer to enter a Placeholder Order with Ford Racing using Part Number M-FR500-B302S.

Edited by Tob

Real One, I've tried to pm you but it won't go through. I know you own a FGT and I wanted to pick your brain about what to look for. I think I've finally got the wife on board!

Tried to pm u too but couldn't. Will try to email u at your contact tomorrow.

Edited by REAL ONE

Tried to pm u too but couldn't. Will try to email u at your contact tomorrow.

That'd be great. For some reason I can't pm you or Twobjshelby. I know you've both are FGT owners and I'll take all the advice I can get on these cars. Thanks.

That boss is MEAN :drop: Its hard not to envy and while the KR is at the top of my dream car list (not the unobtainable dream car list, ha) I can still say that looks like a lot of ride to handle and a trip to experience indeed. Good taste; go tear it up, the track that is!