TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Is Gone. Sad But True. New Boss R Spec Race Car Arrives.

Well, I took delivery of my new Boss R spec race car last Friday and the KR is gone. I was sad to see it go and will miss it. :cry:

However, I will be getting more use out of the new arrival. I had previously posted the build sheet. It is easily a $80,000.00 build. The owner of the Boss saw the value in the KR and wanted it even up for his brand new build.

I also noted that a KR hammered at $65K at BJ recently. This is good and consistent with what I have been saying for years.

Will post pics of the new car for you guys.

Cheers.

post-26476-0-36168100-1429650333_thumb.jpeg

Car is built out to Boss R specs. Can run in AI or AIX or Trans Am TA3 depending on tune we run. Has two tunes. One that puts it just over 460 hp at the crank per dyno. Second AIX and Trans Am tune puts out just over 500 hp at crank. Weighs in at just under 3200 lbs wet.

Car is nasty.

Edited by REAL ONE

Congrats. I think a very wise decision. Have a blast with that car on the track! You can always find another nice low mileage KR out there when you want another. In the mean time, you can enjoy the heck out of this.

I'm curious. Did that car start out as a body in white, or was it a GT sold at a dealership?

Normally Boss R cars are not sold through the normal dealer network. They are sold through the parts department :) They do not have a VIN (and MSO) and cannot be registered with license plates. They are sold with a serial number on a bill of sale.

However it is mentioned that it is "built out to 302R specs". Does that mean it started as a street car?

I'm well versed in the Boss cars, including the S and R. I didn't see the "R" on the decal on his silver one, and I don't remember silver being an available color, so I asked the question.

Every R I've seen has the R on the decal.

GATR-4.jpg

Nice car. I can see why you did the trade. The wing is ghay no matter how functional it is and the promo sticker would absolutely have to go. The window net is awesome for the track but completely pretentious for street use, and I'd personally probably remove the door number. All minor preferences of mine, but aside from that, it looks like a badass car.

Dada, that car is not street legal.

Correct, track use ONLY!

I'm well versed in the Boss cars, including the S and R. I didn't see the "R" on the decal on his silver one, and I don't remember silver being an available color, so I asked the question.

Every R I've seen has the R on the decal.

GATR-4.jpg

That's why I asked. While a real factory 302R or 302S would not be street legal, I think, based on my observation I stated earlier, this may be an upfitted street 302. That is actually cool since you would get the best of both worlds.

When Ford was doing the initial CobraJet (a parts department car) you could order virtually all of the parts from FRPP and convert a street car to be like 90% of the factory car. At the announcement at Barrett Jackson I was in late one evening and the Ford project manager was there and gave me a behind the rope look. He even had the parts list of things to buy.

Edited by twobjshelbys