TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6Th Annual Snakes To The Lake Suggestion On Old Town Hotel

HARALD KELLEY

Anyone have a suggestion on a hotel near old town with secure parking? I plan on going up on Friday so I can sleep in a little on Saturday and spend Friday checking out old town. Embassy Suites does not have rooms available for Friday June 26th. Thanks in advance.

You would think, since the date was changed so the event no longer conflicts with the soccer play offs hosted there, it would be easier to find a hotel. If you find one post up you are not the only one looking......

Anyone have a suggestion on a hotel near old town with secure parking? I plan on going up on Friday so I can sleep in a little on Saturday and spend Friday checking out old town. Embassy Suites does not have rooms available for Friday June 26th. Thanks in advance.

Harald,

Another option to consider is a room at the Hilton in Concord and join us for the sprint to OTS Saturday morning from SunValley. http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-concord-CONCHHF/index.html

That's not quite as early as leaving Monterey. Also, it appears several members are staying at the Ritz-Carlton Northstar Saturday night and catching dinner in Truckee. http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LakeTahoe/Default.htm

Jim

PS: I had some kind of glitch establishing the GoFundMe link last night and it got out in the wild. The TS-PCR thread will appear later tonight with the usual details...

Jim, I got the GOFUND email and made the donation. Said it would be paid to you along with 6 other members. Hopefully its not out in the wild. :) Glenda and I booked a room at Harvey's south shore. We plan to circle the lake and may gamble a little. I think a couple other TS members will be doing the same. That said, thanks for the option & invite to North Star. Need any help Saturday morning, be glad to assist.

A couple years ago we stayed at the Sheraton Grand in downtown Sac.prior to SATL -- its only about 5 minutes from old town and the garage was at least semi-secure (as much as anything in Sac is).

We're still trying to figure out what we're doing for a hotel in Tahoe. My mother will probably be along on this one so we may be staying a couple extra days up at the lake.

Looks like Glenda and I will stay at the Hyatt Regency 1209 L street, Sac. Friday night and lap the lake after the event to Harvey's south shore Saturday night.

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95814, US
Tel: +1 916 443 1234
Fax: +1 916 321 3779

• 2 weeks later...

Golf Tournament. Marriott is booked as well and they are requiring a two night minimum.

• 3 weeks later...

There are rooms available at the Embassy Suites in Old Town currently. I just booked a room for myself for Friday night.

This is my recommendation. Also try the Marriott Courtyard in Natomas.

Yes the Senior Open golf tournament is being held at Del Paso Country Club this weekend so I imagine rooms will be tight. Don't wait until the last minute to book a room. Also look in Folsom where CorbaKidz, me and a few others will meet up with the group.

Archived