TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool Pic From The Indoor Range

Greetings all,

Having done a search awhile back on here for shooting fans, I thought I would share this pic I captured yesterday. This was my 20 year old son's first trip to

an indoor range and first time shooting. I just got the Springfield XD 9mm a couple of weeks ago, so we went and put 150 flawless rounds through it.

Anyway, in this pic, the line that appears like a scratch on the wall is actually the tracer effect of the round he had fired. Caught this on my cell phone, believe it or not.......

Just a cool pic for his first experience.

Mike

IMG_0278_zpszsfjzjot.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Yeah, when we walked in there I was like, what the heck am I worried about with bringing in a new shooter......just take a look at the ceiling.........

At the end of it, we saved the world from some nasty paper targets........ :cool::cool::cool:

IMG_0282_zpswosljuja.jpg

IMG_0283_zpsbdd7yl3b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have to commend you on taking your son to the range as so many young men are stuck with their face in a phone.

Nothing wrong with your choice of a Springer, it's one of my favorites.

aco_zps0533ddea.jpg

Have to commend you on taking your son to the range as so many young men are stuck with their face in a phone.

Nothing wrong with your choice of a Springer, it's one of my favorites.

aco_zps0533ddea.jpg

I thank you sir. I agree. There is way more to life than video games and texting......Heck, I got my first .22 rifle for my birthday when I was like 14 or 15. But only after having been taught responsible gun handling and shooting by my Dad.

What cracked me up was when we got targeted up and I put the first round through the Springer. I looked over my shoulder and my son was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall down. Apparently the actual recoil and noise of a real handgun is quite different than the video games....... :clapping::clapping:

I feel good with the choice on the Springfield. Exactly what I wanted for home protection purposes. Well equipped with three safety features, good feel in the hand, and I like the "round in the chamber" indicator which could be very useful in low light conditions.....

Thanks again,

Mike

Archived