TEAM SHELBY FORUM

200Mph Wheels?

Rv-Junke

Sorry in advance if this is an old topic...

What wheels on the market are meant to replace the OEM designed 200 + MPH wheels. I have been very hesitant to replace the 2014 OEM wheels that have the notches / grooves on the tire bead. I had read somewhere that when Ford was testing the cars that over 180mph the tires were slipping on the wheel. I am assuming all the Shelby Wheels especially the Super Snake ones (I really like several of the CS wheels but I want to keep the 19 front and 20 rear, and all the CS wheels are 20's. Perhaps I am overthinking this, but it feels Ford did a lot of research and settled on a wheel that needed to be grooved so I have convinced myself I need to find a wheel that can have the same spec's of sort.

I did a search and WAY too many posts to scroll through under each thread, so I figured I would ask the community directly. Thanks in advance...

Good point about calling Van...he is a great guy, and I didn't even think about that...as for driving more than 180mph, its less about that and more about OEM being designed for 200 and then getting wheels designed for less...more in my head and overthinking stuff.

Thanks for the feedback.