TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old Girl Starting To Show Her Age....

cormy

The '07-'09s have their glory days now well behind them. Still kinda cool but really not fast by todays standards and rather dated in appearance. The on deck '16 GT350 will not be kind to the values and interest levels of this era Shelby.

That is strictly your opinion and your entitled to it. My '08 KR is currently close to 800hp. Along with the Baer Shelby Extreme brakes, I think I can probably keep up with the current crop of Mustangs plus I prefer the body style much better. Then again that is my opinion.

The '07-'09s have their glory days now well behind them. Still kinda cool but really not fast by todays standards and rather dated in appearance. The on deck '16 GT350 will not be kind to the values and interest levels of this era Shelby.

Uh..Oh... hope Secondo doesn't see this... :stirpot:

He is somewhat correct but a Shelby is a Shelby and is always cool, no matter what year. Personally, I like the '07-'09s styling very much but also enjoy the '10-'14s styling too. The 5.4L 4V motor has the same potential as the 5.8 and still more than the 5.0. Put an aftermarket supercharger on a 5.4 and it is crazy fast! I'm looking forward to the new GT350 and don't think comparing speculated future values of these cars or any cars for that matter should keep us from enjoying them and realizing their performance potential as Ford has done a great job of giving us great cars to enjoy, not save for an investment.

I don't think the '16 GT350 will have any significant affect on GT500 prices as there will be too few of them to go around for demand initially. If anything the prices for a nice GT500 will seem a bargain compared to what dealers will get for the new 350.

Archived