TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Z06 not near as fast as feared

jcthorne

I had an interesting encounter with a nearly new (still had several week old dealer tags on it) Z06 Thursday on the way home from work.

We were on a two lane feeder road, him in the outside lane. He figured his superior car should warrant him entering the freeway first so he attempted to drive around me and cut in.

I had just shifted in to 2nd and not yet at a high accel rate when I noticed the event in my right side window.

The kid in me cut loose. Dropped the hammer through 2nd and 3rd, shifted to 4th and he gave up in time to slow, pull in behind me and mind his manners. Now grant you, I only pulled about 1 car length on him during the whole event and it was from a rolling start, but I really expected him to at least gain on me. Not the case.

I do have a stage II evo kit and am more pleased than ever with it.

Don't fear the Z06s, at least not the stock ones. They do have a weight advantage and likely can launch better but you can win.

Made a great start to a great vacation. (I am headed to Mid America on Monday)

jcthorne Good story .. good kill !!

Our cars are set up closely .... and i agree .. the stage II and 410 gears ... esp with my nittos .... in first gear i can launch and ive only done it twice ... rarely do i get in it ... dont need to for I know i got it !

But when i do .. its pure animal ..... and not much can take me .....

On a side note ... love the looks i still get .... coming home from the gym last night .. at least 3 cars slowed down .. let me pass them and than sped off to get a look at the car ... an amazing feeling!

jcthorne Good story .. good kill !!

Our cars are set up closely .... and i agree .. the stage II and 410 gears ... esp with my nittos .... in first gear i can launch and ive only done it twice ... rarely do i get in it ... dont need to for I know i got it !

But when i do .. its pure animal ..... and not much can take me .....

On a side note ... love the looks i still get .... coming home from the gym last night .. at least 3 cars slowed down .. let me pass them and than sped off to get a look at the car ... an amazing feeling!

Yes Don and by the way, did you get my bill for the whiplash yet? :hysterical:

FUNNY MARK ..... yes you were the number two for 1st gear full acceleration ... The first time is when i had just installed it ....

FUNNY MARK ..... yes you were the number two for 1st gear full acceleration ... The first time is when i had just installed it ....

And what an acceleration it was! I had no idea the car would go that fast and it took my breath away! It is no wonder you guys are beating up on these poor vettes! :hysterical2:

I had an interesting encounter with a nearly new (still had several week old dealer tags on it) Z06 Thursday on the way home from work.

We were on a two lane feeder road, him in the outside lane. He figured his superior car should warrant him entering the freeway first so he attempted to drive around me and cut in.

I had just shifted in to 2nd and not yet at a high accel rate when I noticed the event in my right side window.

The kid in me cut loose. Dropped the hammer through 2nd and 3rd, shifted to 4th and he gave up in time to slow, pull in behind me and mind his manners. Now grant you, I only pulled about 1 car length on him during the whole event and it was from a rolling start, but I really expected him to at least gain on me. Not the case.

Don't fear the Z06s, at least not the stock ones. They do have a weight advantage and likely can launch better but you can win.

Good kill :shift: :burnout: :speedie::banvictory:

:hysterical2:

Greatest Avatar ever Mark

ROGLMAO :hysterical2:

Oh and great story

I need stage II

jc, good story and good kill. i was teased (so to speak) by a new z06 the other day. we were heading opposite directions in two lane traffic and he saw me first. he slowed down and next to me he revved it a few times. i did not respond but i must admit it sounded pretty sweet. i was not impressed or intimidated by his bark. i am bone stock but would happily ablige the challenge if the opportunity presents itself.

Archived