TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oxidation And Rust Issues

car dude

I haven't seen anything like that on my Vapor/Black striped 2008, but it's garaged, low miles, not driven in bad weather, and generally not washed with a lot of soap and water. And we live in the new American desert. Your pictures remind me of an old OMNI magazine.

Do you live somewhere that would have salt on the roads?

I haven't seen anything like that on mine as yet. I know some of the earlier models had issues with the front lip of the hood like yours. Like a sealant issue with the aluminum, so I think that's probably what you're seeing there.

Is that the door jamb with the surface rust?

My hood turned to aluminum oxide. Car has always been garaged. Ford told me too bad because it wasn't rusted through! I love the car but it's the last Ford product for me. Replaced it with Tru-Fiber hood. I can't wait to see what happens to the new all aluminum F150.

My hood turned to aluminum oxide. Car has always been garaged. Ford told me too bad because it wasn't rusted through! I love the car but it's the last Ford product for me. Replaced it with Tru-Fiber hood. I can't wait to see what happens to the new all aluminum F150.

I had the same hood problem on my Mustang and both of my Explorers. Has Ford learned how to paint aluminum yet?

It looks to me like a lack of upkeep. Those areas look pretty bad and they didn't get that way overnight. Did you buy it new?

AK.

The rust along the Read window channel was not visible because the paint had lifted but you could not tell. It wasn't until the paint started flaking away that you could see the rust.the hood and trunk lid problems just appeared.there is no salt on the roads here.the ford collision center manager told me that they just replaced a 2013 GT500 hood with the same problems. I know a painter at a really big auto collision shop and he was telling me what a Ford rep was telling him about the 2015 f150.they are already having oxidation issues.when you paint aluminum you can not have any kind of metal contamination. I am not expecting much from ford they don't really seem to care. So when they officiallyturn me down I will make sure that anyone I meet that is considering buying a ford I will let them know how they do business. My car is well cared for but its a daily driver and parked out side all the time but that is no excuse for a six in a half to seven year old car to have these problems.

Archived