TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Tire Question

I know that this subject has been heavily discussed but I’m ready for tire replacement on my 07 GT500. I scanned the past threads covering this subject and my questions were not necessarily answered. I really want to go with a Mickey Thompson drag radial for the rear but it appears that we have a bastard tire size. I understand the downsides associated with a drag radial but I don’t drive her in the rain and I don’t put a tremendous amount of miles on it. Will our stock rear wheels accommodate a 305 or am I stuck with the 275? Or, what have others with stock wheels done at the time for tire replacement that you would recommend.

It looks like the Michelin Pro Sports iare very well thought of but again, I was hoping for a drag radial for the rears.

Thanks for any input

Gregg

Gregg, I've been researching this for a while now. The 305's will fit, (see my Sig line) but Mickey Thompson is coming out with a new line of drag radials which will have our size 285/40/18. Its their new ET Street radial SS. Perform an internet search to find information on it as the tire isn't out yet but should be soon.

Gregg, I've been researching this for a while now. The 305's will fit, (see my Sig line) but Mickey Thompson is coming out with a new line of drag radials which will have our size 285/40/18. Its their new ET Street radial SS. Perform an internet search to find information on it as the tire isn't out yet but should be soon.

Awesome information, thanks for taking the time to reply.

How do the 305's look on your car by the way? A part of me wondered if it wouldn't look even meaner from the back side with those wider tires.

M/T recommends at least a 10" wheel for the 305's but they fit. It looks good. I'll post pics of it when I get on my PC at home. For my next set I'd rather get something closer to the recommended size so I'm going with factory size.

Ok, here is the information on the new Mickey Thompson ET Street SS drag radial that I've been able to find on the internet so far as of today. I'm looking to get these in the stock size for the rear and matching Mickey Thompson "Street Comp" tire in the stock size for the front.

Edit: See the link in my signature for the pics of the current ET Street Radial II's in 305's on my car.

ET Street SS Sell Sheet.jpg

ET-Street_SS.jpg

Archived