TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Brake Ducts

All, Have just broken in my Super Snake and have noticed the brake duct bezels in the lower grill appear to be blocked. The bezels are in the grille with a thin black metal mesh screen, but behind the screen is something solid across the whole opening. The brake ducts go to the back of the bezels so not sure what I'm seeing. Is something wrong or am I not seeing it right.

Thanks for any help.

Curt

There is a plastic cover on the vents held on by four tabs. Find a skinny scwerdriver that will fit through the wire screen. Push on the edge of the plastic covering until all four tabs are broken. Then remove the hose from the back and take out the plastic cover. Or you could try to remove the wire screen but I am not sure how easy it is to put back on.

I thought they would have done that for you before it left SAI.

When I installed a KR CF splitter on my Super Snake, there was an amount of trimming on the splitter that was required to get the large plastic housing that is attached behind the grill bezels to fit. The flexible brake ducts were attached to that plastic housing. Because cutting/timing in the brake duct area was involved to install a GT500KR splitter on my production Super Snake, I believe, that the Super Snake brake ducts and the KR are not the same in the forward portion behind the grill? Maybe I am wrong? The Super Snake brake duct system does not appear to a "Ford Racing". And we know the rear brake ducts are not.........

R

• 3 weeks later...

All, Have just broken in my Super Snake and have noticed the brake duct bezels in the lower grill appear to be blocked. The bezels are in the grille with a thin black metal mesh screen, but behind the screen is something solid across the whole opening. The brake ducts go to the back of the bezels so not sure what I'm seeing. Is something wrong or am I not seeing it right.

Thanks for any help.

Curt

What year is your car?

The early and late SS's had different 'ducts'. Later are mounted under the swaybar and are super cheap looking.

Phill

What year is your car?

The early and late SS's had different 'ducts'. Later are mounted under the swaybar and are super cheap looking.

Phill

Mine is a 2007 but the conversion was 2014/2015. I haven't tried sheppd01's suggestion yet but appears he may be right. Believe the plastic covers are just held on by tabs. Break them off, disconnect the ducts and take out the plastic piece. I may try that this weekend as I replace the front splitter (don't ask!).

Thanks,

Curt

I installed my brake ducts myself and had no obstructions, but a local dealer has a 09 KR on the floor. It has clear plastic pieces in the brake ducts. This would totally block the ducts.

I asked and was told its part of the dealer prep to remove them before delivery. Don't know if that is true but it sure seems logical. As others have suggested I would try to remove them and depending on their location inside or outside the grille, that would determine how much is involved to remove these pieces.

I installed my brake ducts myself and had no obstructions, but a local dealer has a 09 KR on the floor. It has clear plastic pieces in the brake ducts. This would totally block the ducts.

I asked and was told its part of the dealer prep to remove them before delivery. Don't know if that is true but it sure seems logical. As others have suggested I would try to remove them and depending on their location inside or outside the grille, that would determine how much is involved to remove these pieces.

I installed the ducts on my 2010 and there was no plate in it either.

Phill

Archived