TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painter In Co

39Mustang

I was suppose to be moved to CO already but got delayed and I'm moving south of Denver in between there and C. Springs and need to have some stuff fixed on my 08 GT/SC that involves the stripes so if I do this I might as well paint the stripes back on and not have to worry about the tape stripes again. Looking for an experienced and top notch painter so if anyone has any recommendations let me know?

I have no problem shipping the car out of state to get the job done right the first time around too! We've all had bad experiences and growing up in south FL you notice things like a bar basically on every corner and body shops are like cockroaches they're everywhere. However, I would say 80 percent of the shops down here have no business painting anything let alone cars and is the main reason why I haven't fixed this going back 9 months now.

Any opinions? I need legit top painters and not your buddies shop no offenses

thx

Dan Ambrosio of Ambrosio Concepts is who did mine. It was a full down to bare metal job however. It was actually painted gold in the stripe areas and then the black painted over the gold. He recently did a top to bottom full (every square inch) restoration on one of the recently discovered '65 GT350R's. He's in the middle of a similar restoration to an original Cobra right now. Most of his projects are on his facebook page below. I'm not sure however if he has any availability in the next year, but you can give him a shout. He's also done an old 1927 Fire truck for me also. 720-217-5463

https://www.facebook.com/ambrosio.concepts.9?fref=ts

Just to remind 39Mustang, Jeff's car was sandblasted at a Terlingua meet. So he just had the whole car redone. You will see it I'm sure and it is striking!

Jeff, did he paint the whole hood gold and then black or just overspray the boundary and then come back to the edge with black? No matter what you're going to get a small edge but the multiple application and sanding of the clear coat should make them invisible.

Just to remind 39Mustang, Jeff's car was sandblasted at a Terlingua meet. So he just had the whole car redone. You will see it I'm sure and it is striking!

Jeff, did he paint the whole hood gold and then black or just overspray the boundary and then come back to the edge with black? No matter what you're going to get a small edge but the multiple application and sanding of the clear coat should make them invisible.

Over sprayed the area. Yep, multi stages of clear which left no edge at all on top or side stripes.

thx can't wait to drive these cars in the mountains! I actually been trying to buy property in CO since 1998 and had 3 deals fall through so either it was bad luck or something else was saying not your time yet. FRESH air is what I need