TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Curious What All Of The Members Are Going To Call This

67 Snake

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this meeting of two generations! With you using the interior of the GT 500 which will look great. How about Cobra Snake 500 -- CS-500 with Stripes!! I think Carroll would have liked that.

Left side front frame was totaled. The insurance agreed and that was that. Managed to get the vehicle and decided to do something I have wanted for a long time. A nice Sunday driver.

Gotcha! Again I will say I wish I ability to do something like that... what a freakin' blast!

Of the two GT 500's I own one was totaled, rather than scrap it I decided to re-body it with a classic 67 coupe that I have owned for many years, retaining all of the GT 500 components, drive train, engine, transmission, interior, etc.. I have looked at a lot of threads and read quite a few of the negative comments posted tribute Shelby's and wonder how this would be accepted. I am considering branding it Shelby, GT 662.

This was the beginning.

attachicon.gif1A.jpg

As Progress is made

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif5.jpg

If this is the one Scott has been posting from the Mustang Shop....I give two thumbs up!

Motor on, and keep the updates coming!

If it were mine I would put ALL the 67 shelby parts on the body too

The blower won't clear the stock hood so I am going to use 68 Shelby hood and front end component's.

Was just thinking to really pop you could add a stripe color to the seats I see they're black. My bad if you like black

My other 2104 GT 500 is Black with low gloss black stripes and with black non accent Recaro's.

I have been following this build on The Mustang Shops Facebook page. Very cool!

They have a Facebook page on the build.

Nice job on the car! Although I'm disappointed the original car wasn't saved.

Because it was a buyback from the insurance with a salvage title, even after the rebuild the value of the car would never be recoverable, besides it's always nice to be the owner of a 1of 1

This is the one waiting for company.

Thanks to all who have taken time to comment, keep them coming.

10.jpg

Because it was a buyback from the insurance with a salvage title, even after the rebuild the value of the car would never be recoverable, besides it's always nice to be the owner of a 1of 1

there's a lot of 1 of 1's on Ebay.... I see them all the time.... :hysterical: difference is this one will be worth the price!

Time for some updates, Engine, Transmission and Brake & Clutch Fitting

IMG_5868_zpsabqetac2.jpg

Heater and Air Conditioner

IMG_5376_zpstwtbxcod.jpg

Dash an Center Consul

IMG_5202_zps3k9vvvpl.jpg

Engine and Fender Mounts

IMG_5768_zpsy01y4rq7.jpg

Watts Link

IMG_7139_zpstrqjp5rk.jpg

Another View

IMG_7135_zpsgxx43npa.jpg

Once all of the trial fitting is complete the final assembly can be completed.

Time to post some updates

IMG_6515_zps8kkupsmj.jpg

IMG_6517_zpszhgwvgbs.jpg

IMG_6856_zpslq7v0i7y.jpg

IMG_6859_zps4hxhtcwd.jpg

image%201_zpsnkgrjy9f.jpeg

image%203_zpsxewhsbky.jpeg

Things are starting to progress soon when all of the pieces are fitted all of the final welding can take place then some real progress will be made.

Don't retain the stock rear axle upper control arm. Put a Torque Arm on the car and enjoy the extra traction.

Don't retain the stock rear axle upper control arm. Put a Torque Arm on the car and enjoy the extra traction.

The three point with the Watts Link I am sure will be do well with the car, don't anticipate lots of flat out racing just some.

IMG_7135_zpsgxx43npa.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived