TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Curious What All Of The Members Are Going To Call This

67 Snake

Of the two GT 500's I own one was totaled, rather than scrap it I decided to re-body it with a classic 67 coupe that I have owned for many years, retaining all of the GT 500 components, drive train, engine, transmission, interior, etc.. I have looked at a lot of threads and read quite a few of the negative comments posted tribute Shelby's and wonder how this would be accepted. I am considering branding it Shelby, GT 662.

This was the beginning.

1A.jpg

As Progress is made Lots of new pic's added.

MAJOR NEWS MIDWEEK

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by 67 Snake

That should be a nice, nasty modified Mustang project car. Of course, just having a Ford SVT performance drive train does not make it a Shelby, but it will be one heck of a boulevard runner and car show pleaser. Post some photos of the project.

Agree, sounds like an absolutely awesome machine. Why does it have to be called something? I personally would not call it a "Shelby" as that will always bring questions, nay sayers, on and on. Anybody who looks under the hood will know exactly what it is. You can always stripe it like a Shelby etc. That is what I did with a modified 65 coupe of mine. Just my opinion. I would rather have people walk up to it and look under the hood and inside and then go "Oh wow".

That should be a nice, nasty modified Mustang project car. Of course, just having a Ford SVT performance drive train does not make it a Shelby, but it will be one heck of a boulevard runner and car show pleaser. Post some photos of the project.

The only thing that is not the 2014 Shelby GT 500 is the 67 sheet metal that is wrapped around the rest of the components. The car was just past the breaking in when the accident occurred, I had two 2014 GT 500's so the decision became quite easy to do the re-body.

When I figure out how to post pictures I will do, so all may see.

No one was injured in the accident thankfully.

The beginning 1A.jpg

as progress is made.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Edited by 67 Snake

Sounds fun. I'm excited for you ! We all remember the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" ! with Dick Van Dyke. As a young kid I was fascinated most with the entering of the shop and the exiting later with the beautiful car. That was the most important part of the movie to me. It got in my blood. I think we can all relate !

Edited by cmcmotorworks

Are you using the '67 floor pan and subframe, or are you using the 2014 floor structure subframe, etc.? There's a couple different way's I've seen this accomplished.

A complete new frame and subfloor. Something to handle the additional horsepower.

6.jpg

Edited by 67 Snake

Wow, that does look like it's going to be a beast! Can't wait to see more pictures! You should start a build thread and keep us posted. Would love to see it built up!

Added the first picture, will keep posting as things progress.

Wow, excellent work. Really looking forward to watching your progress.

Thanks for the kind words.

Really interesting thread/post

I think the idea is totally cool, and will enjoy watching the transformation :camera:

I work in the Philippines and before I bought my 2014 GT500's I was looking at this company (http://classicspeedinc.com/) for a car that had all the technology under the and interior but using classic body frames that they refurbish. The end result is a classic look with the of the advancements of today era.

Guest markham51

Awesome project!

In my opinion this is not a tribute car it is a restomod. As such, I don't think it matters what you call it...but if it was me I would give it a "pet name" rather than a 'brand name" just like they did for the Gone in 60 Seconds car they named Eleanor!

IMO I don't see calling it a "Shelby" any longer since, when completed, it will not be (in totality) a product which was manufactured as a Shelby. So, I think you should simply think of it as a Restomod, give it whatever non-Shelby name you prefer, and then obviously describe its history in whatever documents, car show materials, etc. that you might produce.

I can't wait to see it finished!!! Well pictures of it since I'm on the right coast I will never "see it". Call it whatever you want but it's gonna be sweet!!! Something I would love to do but I don't have the time, money or talent, only the dreams!

I can't see why the donor car was totaled.... the front end showed some bent sheetmetal but that looks cosmetic. If you are using the interior from the GT500 that looks good too.... no airbag deployment.

I can't wait to see it finished!!! Well pictures of it since I'm on the right coast I will never "see it". Call it whatever you want but it's gonna be sweet!!! Something I would love to do but I don't have the time, money or talent, only the dreams!

I can't see why the donor car was totaled.... the front end showed some bent sheetmetal but that looks cosmetic. If you are using the interior from the GT500 that looks good too.... no airbag deployment.

Left side front frame was totaled. The insurance agreed and that was that. Managed to get the vehicle and decided to do something I have wanted for a long time. A nice Sunday driver.

Edited by 67 Snake

Very nice. If you ever move to Utah you've got a job waiting for you !

Grew up in Logan, lived in Ogden my partner and I raced at the drag strip in Salt Lake, for those that remember a Red 27 T roadster sporting a Clay Smith Cams Woodpecker on the blanked out grill 69 B/F, for the old timers.

Grew up in Logan, lived in Ogden my partner and I raced at the drag strip in Salt Lake, for those that remember a Red 27 T roadster sporting a Clay Smith Cams Woodpecker on the blanked out grill 69 B/F, for the old timers.

RMR or was it Bonneville at the time. I'm thinking Bonneville, it sounds kind of familiar.