TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Listing Alcoas For Auction On Ebay

Maybe things have changed, but I thought the Alcoas supplied on our cars were exclusive to Super Snakes only, and that you had to supply SA with a CSM in order to get replacements. At least back in the day this was the case, they were real protective of the Super Snake brand. So I am cruising around ebay and come across this listing by ShelbyAuctions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-AUTHENTIC-ALCOA-SUPER-SNAKE-STAGGERED-RIM-SET-BLACK-RARE-/191548682434?hash=item2c9930f0c2&vxp=mtr

Anybody know if the policy is different than I remember?

It is well known that Shelby doesn't create many of these parts, they simply license them from the manufacturers, brand their logo on them and package them into kits like the Super Snake. The wheels were a little different, they worked with Alcoa to come up with a distinctive design and the were real touchy about who could get them back in the day. I don't give a hoot either way, throw open the catalog and sell the piss out of them for all I care, but it seemed a little hypocritical given their prior position.

It is well known that Shelby doesn't create many of these parts, they simply license them from the manufacturers, brand their logo on them and package them into kits like the Super Snake. The wheels were a little different, they worked with Alcoa to come up with a distinctive design and the were real touchy about who could get them back in the day. I don't give a hoot either way, throw open the catalog and sell the piss out of them for all I care, but it seemed a little hypocritical given their prior position.

Hypocritical and Shelby in the same sentence? Say it ain't so! Lol

Maybe things have changed, but I thought the Alcoas supplied on our cars were exclusive to Super Snakes only, and that you had to supply SA with a CSM in order to get replacements. At least back in the day this was the case, they were real protective of the Super Snake brand. So I am cruising around ebay and come across this listing by ShelbyAuctions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-AUTHENTIC-ALCOA-SUPER-SNAKE-STAGGERED-RIM-SET-BLACK-RARE-/191548682434?hash=item2c9930f0c2&vxp=mtr

Anybody know if the policy is different than I remember?

07SSGOVERT,,where have you been?????!!!!!!!!! This is probably the 7th or 8th set of Shelby Forged-Super Snake set of Alcoa wheels that they have sold on the Shelby e-bay store in the past 12 months,all take-offs.

They have also sold SS centre caps for the Alcoas,engine cap partial sets,console lid covers etc.etc. all original Supersnake items once exclusive to the SS upgrade package.

Today you can also buy the SS headrest covers,SS floor mats,GT500/SS wing emblems all on e-bay.

The only things that I haven't yet seen for sale is 07-09 Supersnake aluminuim door sill inserts and SS specific dash plaques.

Only a matter of time!!!!!!!

Archived