TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Experience With A Sean Hyland Super Snake

That's what I hear!

I sure hope so . I was at SHM last week he still is waiting on parts to finish the remaining SS , he showed me the sill plate that was the only thing to finish one & the serials numbers were not right .

I had a similar experience with a crate engine I purchased for my 2000 Saleen Speedster. 6 weeks turned into 9 months, and then the tune wouldnt work, I had to have the car custom tuned. I will say to their credit once I had the car tuned, the engine build was durable and strong.

post-43452-0-49050200-1439179948_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I must have been one of the last to get my Shelby GT/SC from SHM this past April. I'm still missing the back SS brake lines, but was able to pick the car up in the interim because I live so close to the shop. I was nervous throughout the winter while my car sat in the shop with nothing getting done, and it seemed the only way to light a fire was to show up unannounced for an update. My impression was SH was an expert in builds but had a very poor business approach to what could have a been a very lucrative venture.

Car runs great, no issues, all badging is correct and there, and I had Steve check the registry for the SC (supercharger) upgrade, which it does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On a road trip out west right now and started experiencing a supercharger issue, it pulses small boosts at regular throttle. SHM did the supercharger upgrade last winter. I've been in contact with SAI LV and have been assured they will give the car the once over when I pass through LV next week to make sure everything is properly installed, and address the boost issue.

• 1 month later...

My recommendation to anyone that has had a Super Snake package, or anything significant done by Sean Hyland Motorsports is to get their cars checked for safety issues.

A lot of the Sean Hyland Motorsports cars that have ended up at Shelby Canada West should not have been on the road, let alone driven hard. Everyone involved is hoping that all the owners that had issues with Sean Hyland were vocal about it and had the cars shipped to Alberta to be made right. We hope that there aren't people driving around in unsafe vehicles.

Edited by Ico

yowza, that's not good.

I do remember getting an email about checking the torque setting on the 3 piece wheels....some were coming apart!

As far as build issues, unfortunately they can happen to any of them, regardless where they are made. My sig snake has been down and out for almost 4 months. lol The one thing I can say, if patient and courteous, SAI WILL make it right. They have helped me out with parts that were out of warranty on my other snake, just because of my attitude and patience on the sig snake issues.

Bolts missing or loose. A hack job at best. Serious paint issues. etc, etc, etc... Cheap and no attention to detail with the entire conversion. People saving up for years and he does a real sh*(ty job on your car. What a complete let-down. That guy should be thrown in jail. I saw your car Ico and another one, 2007, in at Shelby Canada - rest assured they are very professional and will take good care of your baby.

Bolts missing or loose. A hack job at best. Serious paint issues. etc, etc, etc... Cheap and no attention to detail with the entire conversion. People saving up for years and he does a real sh*(ty job on your car. What a complete let-down. That guy should be thrown in jail. I saw your car Ico and another one, 2007, in at Shelby Canada - rest assured they are very professional and will take good care of your baby.

Oh sweet, glad you saw it. I going to fly out there in the spring to see the new shop and meet them in person. They'll have my car for the winter.

So what are the safety issues ? Anyway you could share them, might help other owners out there that are not aware of the safety issues..

One example, they drilled THROUGH a rear control arm to run the ebrake cable.

Edited by Ico