TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Experience With A Sean Hyland Super Snake

Hey All

I was wondering if anyone in Canada has had experience with Sean Hyland Motorsports and doing Super Snake conversions.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Ico

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just vocalizing my impatience right now. :)

We're nearing 6 months on my Super Snake 850 build and the brake kit is the only thing holding it up. They've been on backorder for months. It looks like I'm going to miss the May 1st wish to have the car in my possession. I haven't been given a reason for the lengthy backorder, but it is what it is.

On another note, it looks like the Super Snake stuff has been pulled from the Sean Hyland web site, are they finally nearing being sold out? Or has the Canadian dollar value drop made it a difficult sell?

Edited by Ico

Very interesting....especially since the brakes were dang near the first things installed on my SS's (1st status update pics form Ralph). That is also an interesting side note on the SS package being pulled from their site.... Time will tell :whistling:

Here is to you getting behind the wheel of yours, stat!!!! :party:

I'm just vocalizing my impatience right now. :)

We're nearing 6 months on my Super Snake 850 build and the brake kit is the only thing holding it up. They've been on backorder for months. It looks like I'm going to miss the May 1st wish to have the car in my possession. I haven't been given a reason for the lengthy backorder, but it is what it is.

On another note, it looks like the Super Snake stuff has been pulled from the Sean Hyland web site, are they finally nearing being sold out? Or has the Canadian dollar value drop made it a difficult sell?

Hey I`am heading up there next week I can give him sh$t if ya want . :lol:

I spoke to Sean this week to find out about the delay in my car, and there are 4 other cars waiting for the same things. One car has been there for 8 months.

Radiator (which will arrive within 10 days)

Shifter (ETA unknown)

The brake kit... Willwood changed the design of the rear caliper and Sean thinks that is what's holding up the kits because of the new cast.

Guest markham51

I have experienced both ends of the spectrum when it comes to getting work done on my SS.

My experience with SH has been very good especially on getting the work done. One time I took in my SSnake for brakes and a new clutch and had them both done in less than a week.

On another occasion I had an issue with check engine light coming on and had to replace catalytic converter. Once again was fixed within a week of my initital call.

HOWEVER....When i had my SS originally built at Tasca (before SH was a Shelby authorized centre) it took many months to get my SS put together because Shelby was slow in shipping parts to Tasca.

I would find it hard to believe that SH is crazy slow...unless parts are hard to acquire.

Mark

• 2 months later...

I talked to SAI today, I learned a lot of things. I'm hoping they can get things expedited, and I get can get to the car where it should be (my garage) and have a future support system in place for maintenance.

I talked to SAI today, I learned a lot of things. I'm hoping they can get things expedited, and I get can get to the car where it should be (my garage) and have a future support system in place for maintenance.

Great hope it works out , it must be killing you not to have her .

• 3 weeks later...

Still no car. If anyone else has one of the "trapped" cars at SHM, please reach out. SAI hasn't been all that helpful (communication is subpar), even though they say the right things.

Are you on the ninth or tenth month of waiting now? That is beyond ridiculous! Man if I were you I would be going to the shop to find what's going on with the car. Even if they are waiting on parts like they say, there is no reason it should be THIS long. Man I wish you the best and definitely keep us posted!

Shelby Canada West is a great option for anyone looking for a Canadian location.

Not to mention great people!

I just had some service work done there on my SS.

I've heard nothing but good things about the folks at Shelby Canada West.

Still no car. If anyone else has one of the "trapped" cars at SHM, please reach out. SAI hasn't been all that helpful (communication is subpar), even though they say the right things.

Wow you have every right to be upset . p:m`d you with some info

I was looking at getting my 2010 done as I just paid it off but was told SHM is no longer an authorized Shelby build center.

But with that being said, when I built my CS6 it took almost 12 months from the original date of order to get everything to complete the car

and I was dealing with Shelby directly not a distributor or build center.

I heard every possible excuse from numerous people as they went through a bunch of reps back then so if I were a betting man (which I am)

my money would be with SAI for the root cause of the delays.

My car was delivered to me today, so that chapter of my life is over.

Sean Hyland Motorsports is easily the worst bunch of human beings I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I wouldn't take a go-kart to them, I have documented 17 lies I was told over the course of my build. I recorded all the phone calls I had with them, so I have a lot of smoking guns. Sean is a horrible man and I wish him nothing but failure for his business. There are 5-6 other people that probably feel the exact same way I do.

As others have said, Shelby pulled his authorization and he won't be allowed to look at another car.

There are still things not right with my car, I have no idea how it passed an "inspection".

1) The hood looks like it was buffed by a 3 year old with sandpaper, I have compound burn all over it. A few areas are not going to buff out, the hood will have to be repainted.

2) There are scratches in the striping, that will have to be redone.

3) The intercooler is improperly badged. It should say "Super Snake", but it says "Shelby". He was too lazy to order a new stencil and decided to just bs me about it and blame Shelby.

4) They scratched the lower rear of the car near the passenger side rear tire.

5) The car wasn't cleaned.

6) He took my weathertech mats, I'd like them back.

7) He removed my stone guards for the front wheel well, I'd also like them back.

Those are just the things I saw on the first quick look over, I will probably see more in the sun tomorrow.

Shelby has promised they're going to make things right, but so far my communication (or lackthereof) doesn't make me all that confident that they will follow through. 72 hours to reply to an email is ridiculous in 2015, especially for customers that feel their $60,000 investment in the car wasn't taken seriously and in the end is Shelby's fault for not properly auditing their authorized service shops.

If anyone has an email address that works for Joe Conway, the CEO of Shelby American, please pass it on. The ones I have just bounce back.

Honestly, I'm being kind.

IMG_0019_zpscww7344x.jpg

Edited by Ico

1) The hood looks like it was buffed by a 3 year old with sandpaper, I have compound burn all over it. A few areas are not going to buff out, the hood will have to be repainted.

3) The intercooler is improperly badged. It should say "Super Snake", but it says "Shelby". He was too lazy to order a new stencil and decided to just bs me about it and blame Shelby.

7) He removed my stone guards for the front wheel well, I'd also like them back.

Just a quick Comment, as my Super Snake was Built by Shelby American in Vegas...

1) My paint was done poorly. When they painted the stripe, the solvent they used caused Flash, which caused very small white dots on the black paint around the gold stripe. Quite obvious when up close...

They gave me a credit towards having it repaired here in Canada.

2) The intercooler is improperly badged. It also Says Shelby, not Super Snake.

3) I just had to replace the radiator because of poor soldering inside the unit. My car has 5500 miles on it but because its 2 years old, there may not be a warranty available. Shelby Canada west is working on it getting the warranty, but in the meantime im out almost $2000.00.

This has nothing to do with SH in Ontario, but it goes to show the quality issues at SA can also be suspect sometimes.

It is SOOO SAD that hardworking people give their hard earned $$$$ to others and get no respect back...... I to was going to SS my 08 at SH until I met a couple of owners who were so pissed off that I put my $$$ elsewhere and haven't looked back ..... Those two gentlemen saved me Thousands of $$$$...... Check you again Guys.....

Just a quick Comment, as my Super Snake was Built by Shelby American in Vegas...

1) My paint was done poorly. When they painted the stripe, the solvent they used caused Flash, which caused very small white dots on the black paint around the gold stripe. Quite obvious when up close...

They gave me a credit towards having it repaired here in Canada.

2) The intercooler is improperly badged. It also Says Shelby, not Super Snake.

3) I just had to replace the radiator because of poor soldering inside the unit. My car has 5500 miles on it but because its 2 years old, there may not be a warranty available. Shelby Canada west is working on it getting the warranty, but in the meantime im out almost $2000.00.

This has nothing to do with SH in Ontario, but it goes to show the quality issues at SA can also be suspect sometimes.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have had as well. Sometimes I think I'm too anal, but then I see others have experienced the same sort of thing and I realize I just want what I paid for.

Shelby is sending me a properly badged intercooler shortly, and my local Ford Dealer will install it.

I'm going to have my local Ford dealer redo the hood and stripes, Shelby will apparently foot the bill on that.

We think my car has low dyno numbers, but who knows if the sheet that came with my car was actually the dyno for mine.......

• 2 weeks later...

The car is going to be heading to Shelby Canada West to fix the mess that Sean Hyland Motorsports made of the car. SAI will be covering the costs on this one... SAI and I had a bumpy start while we figured out each others personalities for communications, but I think we're on the same page now and things are progressing.

I won't get into everything that is wrong with the car, but we're talking bolts missing type of stuff.