TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ford Sync Software Update V4.4 Now Available

Cdvision

There's a new update for Ford Sync for 2010-2014 cars with Sync. I've done the update on my 2010 GT500 and 2014 GT. Adds a bunch of cool new features like blu-tooth audio track and artist info...resume play from blu-tooth and USB..reads and sends texts (my 2010 could not do this prior to the update)...etc.

Bluetooth© Connectivity Improvements:

• Enhanced Bluetooth phone connection stability
  • Enabled track information to be displayed for Bluetooth-streamed media including metadata such as song title, artist name and album title
  • More robust Message Access Profile (MAP) functionality to handle SMS reception and Text2Speach output
  • Media Connectivity Improvements:
  • Improved media connectivity for USB-equipped Apple devices, as well as streamlined device initialization and authentication process
  • Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle

Create an account on this Ford website for more info. Enjoy!!

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sync-my-ride.html

Track and artist info while streaming blu-tooth audio!!!

20150330_173154_zps1uj6zljf.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsgcmqrrnp.png

Edited by Cdvision

How do you update it? Do you have to take it to the dealer?

There's a new update for Ford Sync for 2010-2014 cars with Sync. I've done the update on my 2010 GT500 and 2014 GT. Adds a bunch of cool new features like blu-tooth audio track and artist info...resume play from blu-tooth and USB..reads and sends texts (my 2010 could not do this prior to the update)...etc.

Bluetooth© Connectivity Improvements:

• Enhanced Bluetooth phone connection stability
  • Enabled track information to be displayed for Bluetooth-streamed media including metadata such as song title, artist name and album title

• More robust Message Access Profile (MAP) functionality to handle SMS reception and Text2Speach output

• Media Connectivity Improvements:

• Improved media connectivity for USB-equipped Apple devices, as well as streamlined device initialization and authentication process

• Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle

Create an account on this Ford website for more info. Enjoy!!

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sync-my-ride.html

Track and artist info while streaming blu-tooth audio!!!

20150330_173154_zps1uj6zljf.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsgcmqrrnp.png

Instructions are on their web site. Basically, you just download the update, unzip into a thumb drive, plug the thumb drive into your Sync, then update. Fairly simple, but takes a bit of time. Not quite a two brew exercise, but close.

You might call me crazy - probably will. It's probably too late, however, I don't think I'll be updating anything ever now. With the advent of technology in our cars and tracking availability by the man, the day will come when your tickets will arrive in the mail and your car will be shut down for traffic violations. The last thing I want to do is update everything so this happens. I know in the new Ford diesel trucks, Ford calls you in for an update, flashes your computer, and then you can't do any mods as the compurter is now locked. Now i'm sure they can now track your car etc..., but I don't want to make it easier - there is probably some software that has to be manually entered to facilitate this. The new 2015's apparently are gathering info - driving habits, favorite places, weight of the driver, even conversations from the occupants. I still want to be able to open it up on the hwy - In a few years though, this might be impossible unless you have an older car. Your thoughts guys?

You might call me crazy - probably will. It's probably too late, however, I don't think I'll be updating anything ever now. With the advent of technology in our cars and tracking availability by the man, the day will come when your tickets will arrive in the mail and your car will be shut down for traffic violations. The last thing I want to do is update everything so this happens. I know in the new Ford diesel trucks, Ford calls you in for an update, flashes your computer, and then you can't do any mods as the compurter is now locked. Now i'm sure they can now track your car etc..., but I don't want to make it easier - there is probably some software that has to be manually entered to facilitate this. The new 2015's apparently are gathering info - driving habits, favorite places, weight of the driver, even conversations from the occupants. I still want to be able to open it up on the hwy - In a few years though, this might be impossible unless you have an older car. Your thoughts guys?

nothing a tin foil hat can't solve.

If you have a NAV system, SYNC, anything similar or just a cell phone you're already being tracked. You're being tracked on your home computer. You're being watched by numerous cameras as you drive or walk down the street. You're being videoed and photographed without your knowledge most everyday by numerous mobile devices.

So what's the big deal again with a SYNC update?

Now, I will say another thing I really like about my 2007 Shelby GT is that it has no built in tracking device!! Unless of course I'm driving it with my cell phone in it....

You don't have to run the engine to update the SYNC, just hook up a battery charger to the battery and make sure the key is in the RUN position. They're using the alternator to make sure that the battery doesn't drop dead in the middle of the procedure. The battery charger accomplishes the same thing without all the heat and pollution and you can do it in a closed garage without fear of gassing yourself.

nothing a tin foil hat can't solve.

You don't have to run the engine to update the SYNC, just hook up a battery charger to the battery and make sure the key is in the RUN position. They're using the alternator to make sure that the battery doesn't drop dead in the middle of the procedure. The battery charger accomplishes the same thing without all the heat and pollution and you can do it in a closed garage without fear of gassing yourself.

+1 to both of these.

Instructions are on their web site. Basically, you just download the update, unzip into a thumb drive, plug the thumb drive into your Sync, then update. Fairly simple, but takes a bit of time. Not quite a two brew exercise, but close.

What constitutes a "bit of time" ... 5 Minutes, hour, overnight, thanks. Just wondering.

What constitutes a "bit of time" ... 5 Minutes, hour, overnight, thanks. Just wondering.

I downloaded and installed mine in maybe 30 minutes of total time at most. This includes finding it at the Ford Owner's site, downloading the files, unzipping the files to the USB drive and going through the process in the car until installation was complete, and then reporting the install success back to Ford.

I downloaded and installed mine in maybe 30 minutes of total time at most. This includes finding it at the Ford Owner's site, downloading the files, unzipping the files to the USB drive and going through the process in the car until installation was complete, and then reporting the install success back to Ford.

Okay, thanks. That doesn't sound bad, I was just wondering if it was an overnight type update. Basically I guess you could go for a nice half hour drive with the windows down, listening to the exhaust "music" while it updates. :cool:

Okay, thanks. That doesn't sound bad, I was just wondering if it was an overnight type update. Basically I guess you could go for a nice half hour drive with the windows down, listening to the exhaust "music" while it updates. :cool:

Why didn't I think of that?? :doh:

Still not working for me...second try with a second USB. Formatted properly, and unzipped properly...But Sync says not available. Almost like it doesn't recognize the USB port. And now when i plug in my Ipod it does the same, and wont recognize that there's something plugged in. I just woke her up last week from a long hibernation, but trickle charger was running, and it still recognizes my phone. The Ford Sync website says I need the update.

Any thoughts on this?

Check the fuse box over in the pax side kick panel. The USB port and Sync weren't working on my wife's '14 Convertible. I popped out the fuse and looked at it, didn't see anything abnormal and pushed the fuse back in. Then the Sync and USB port started working. Easy fix on mine. Good luck on yours. :)

Still not working for me...second try with a second USB. Formatted properly, and unzipped properly...But Sync says not available. Almost like it doesn't recognize the USB port. And now when i plug in my Ipod it does the same, and wont recognize that there's something plugged in. I just woke her up last week from a long hibernation, but trickle charger was running, and it still recognizes my phone. The Ford Sync website says I need the update.

Any thoughts on this?

Just to double check - did u first unzip on your computer, then move all unzipped files & folder to your usb drive? Otherwise it won't work.

Aarrgh...I was trying to avoid that after hearing how difficult it was to get to.

Do you remember which Fuse number it was? Oh wait, mine is a 2012...probably different?

It's fuse number 3 in a 2014.

Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel.jpg

Edited by Bill Hamilton