TEAM SHELBY FORUM

15 Mile Kr On Ebay

PonyRazor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the part where they state the KR's "starting price was $120K"! All the uninformed buyer has to do is add the two window stickers up to know that's not true. It's too bad the owner didn't get it out and enjoy it more.

Yea, but his reserve may be $60K or more, who knows? Starting bid does not mean much when there's a reserve. Their web site doesn't help much either as that is the only used Mustang they have that it says "Call for Price", of course. However, their price calculator at the bottom of each car does match the car price and the calculator on this page shows $99,999.00

http://packeywebbford.net/Chicago/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Mustang/2009-Shelby-GT500-Black-Car/38468635/

Yea, but his reserve may be $60K or more, who knows? Starting bid does not mean much when there's a reserve. Their web site doesn't help much either as that is the only used Mustang they have that it says "Call for Price", of course. However, their price calculator at the bottom of each car does match the car price and the calculator on this page shows $99,999.00

http://packeywebbford.net/Chicago/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Mustang/2009-Shelby-GT500-Black-Car/38468635/

You're exactly right. I always go to a dealers website first thing to see what they're asking. I've watched, bid, played the game for over a year or two on past cars and bought them where I wanted in the end. I've let a lot go too. This may be a very long process or someone may buy it tomorrow. I have all the time in the world ! If I buy it, it won't be anywhere close to $72,500.00.

When I won my car on Ebay the dealership was asking $55k. I was the highest bidder for 3 days with the reserve not met at $40.1k. With one hour left the dealership owner told me he was lowering the reserve to $100 above my bid. Since everyone was turned off by having a reserve, I bid with 3 seconds left and got the car for the reserve price of $40.2k!

I bumped you up to an even $50k. You're welcome! :)

That's fine. My guess is the bid will end not meeting reserve, then relist again with the same result, and continue this over and over and over. I'm not interested in buying it for what the dealer wants out of it now, but only what he's willing to sell it for a year from now ! I've bought a dozen or more cars off EBay over the years.

I called the dealership and they are asking $72k.

Assuming you didn't know what the reserve was:

If you place a higher bid and you're bid didn't move, you know the reserve wasn't met.

If your bid was higher than the reserve, you'd be the winning bidder at the reserve price with the reserve met even though there was no other bidder present.

You're correct. It didn't used to work that way, but EBay revised it a little while back.

Geeze.... I wonder if sideoiler is bidding on this one........ :hide:

I mean who better to bid than the guy that knows everything about KR's :hysterical:

I've seen other people bashing this sideoiler guy and another thread with some of his posts deleted so I couldn't see what happened. What's his deal?

I've seen other people bashing this sideoiler guy and another thread with some of his posts deleted so I couldn't see what happened. What's his deal?

Anyone??????

:lurk:

:hide:

it's water over the dam..... it appeared that he violated Team Shelby policy and the moderating team step in. End of story.

:backtotopic:

Archived