TEAM SHELBY FORUM

the scoop on scoops

h2odr

has anyone installed california special side scoops on their gt 500? i have not looked into them yet, but i think they will make the car look nasty like the supersnake. i assume you must drill holes in the side of the car? i would appreciate any feed back i can get. thank you.

has anyone installed california special side scoops on their gt 500? i have not looked into them yet, but i think they will make the car look nasty like the supersnake. i assume you must drill holes in the side of the car? i would appreciate any feed back i can get. thank you.

Talk to ShelbyDude. His look great!

The scoops that come on the CA Special require drilling two holes to install them.

I got mine from Cervinis.

www.cervinis.com

I got the upper and lower side scoops. These are installed with the 3M tape.

They will have to be prepped, sanded, primed, wet sanded, painted and clearcoated. So there is some work involved. I had our body shop do mine.

I think it was about $356 for both upper and lower scoops together, plus whatever you can find a body shop to charge for prepping and installing them.

looks amazing

I agree, these scoops look awesome! do they secure really well? i realize you have not had them on all that log, is there a projected life exceptance of the 3m tape? i will hate to put anything onto may car ( when it gets here) that will damage it in the long run. in person, do your lower side scoops look just like the c/s's?

I agree, these scoops look awesome! do they secure really well? i realize you have not had them on all that log, is there a projected life exceptance of the 3m tape? i will hate to put anything onto may car ( when it gets here) that will damage it in the long run. in person, do your lower side scoops look just like the c/s's?

The lower scoops are a little wider in the opening. They are open where the C/S scoops are closed off with a plastic piece.

The upper scoops are open as well, but there is a metal screen piece covering the opening mounted from the inside.

I have had these since I started driving the car this year. I have been up to 140 MPH several times and many times over a 100 MPH. They have been holding up well with no problem. I was concerned with the scoops being open that the wind build up may cause a problem with forcing them to come loose. No problems though.

There is a noticeable wind noise because of the air blowing into the openings if the windows are down at higher speeds.

Other than that they are holding up great and they do look great. That 3M tape is some strong stuff!

The guy in our body shop that put these on put the car inside the paint booth and let it sir for awhile with the heat turned up. He said that heat would really suck them tight to the car and make them stick better. So far I guess he is right!

These are the same scoops Crevinis uses on their C-300 kit so I guess they must hold up pretty good or they would not be using them.

If they ever did come loose they can be easily fixed by replacing the 3M tape.

On the side scoops, www.hubcapsplus.com advertising them. They are stick on with 3M tape, already painted. I just got and installed their, painted mirror covers tonight in perf. white. Took about 10 minutes including a coat of wax when done. Match on color is perfect. I am considering a set of louvers they offer that are also stick on and painted. Anyone put their "louver" product on any of the cars out there and how do you like them? I think they really look good.

AZbud

I have been thinking of adding the ones from 3D Carbon. They sell on Ebay prepainted for around $230 + $15 shipping. They look great, and also just stick on with 3M tape. They are closed with a black grille, so no worries of wind noise or air build up.

post-17-1181434518_thumb.jpg

post-17-1181434518_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the responses, i looked at all of them. i really like the idea of recieving them already painted. ( hubcapsplus.com) get em, and on they go. the upper and lower scoops just make these cars look nasty. any thoughts out there on the best axle back bolt on mufflers? i had rented a hertz shelby and liked the sound of it, only if it was a touch deeper at slow speeds.

Archived