TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Crack In Pillar Drivers Side

Torched10

Notice a stright line crack about ,2in long about 4in above dash. It runs from window down toward dash.I ran my finger over it and it doesn't seem like a scratch.it's miniscule in width maybe a 64th wide. Have you Guys seen this.I'm thinking ill just live with it. If the fix us replacing the pillar don't want to run into collateral damage.I'll soak it in vinyl spray to make the edges darker.

Definitely looks like a crack (or maybe a deep scratch). A scratch seems more likely, only because the plastic A-pillar "cover" really isn't a load-bearing piece.

FWIW, I doubt replacements are NOT all that expensive and are easily installed in place of the original piece. The SOS triple gauge pod I run is built on the factory original piece and it cost less than $150 and install (minus gauge setup) took a matter of minutes.

Thanks guys. It's under warranty so guess I'll bring it in. I never use anything other than a damp new sponge to use dash touch up spray so nothing abrasive so dint think it's a scratch. As an engineer I used to get involved with injection molded parts and it looks like a mold seam to me..but then others would havevit too.

Thanks guys. It's under warranty so guess I'll bring it in. I never use anything other than a damp new sponge to use dash touch up spray so nothing abrasive so dint think it's a scratch. As an engineer I used to get involved with injection molded parts and it looks like a mold seam to me..but then others would havevit too.

Mine does.

Well at least I know I'm not vseeing things

putting vinyl spray helped a bit. It makes the edges of the crack darker.I just held a paper towel loaded with vinyl spray over it for a minute.

Ps just thinking they probably made one run of an injection molded machine to make the parts,or at least the same mold.so even the replacement parts will have the crack since its in the mold.I'll just live with it. Unless gets worse

Archived