TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake hood hold downs?

Is the supersnake hood hold downs going to be twist down like the kr or the clips with the cables?

Seems to show both in pictures, the red car has the twist downs and the black car has the cables.

I hope it comes with the twist downs, The cables are cheap in my opinion and always get knick and messed up from pulling them on and off.

Does anybody know?

thanks

Jim

Is the supersnake hood hold downs going to be twist down like the kr or the clips with the cables?

Seems to show both in pictures, the red car has the twist downs and the black car has the cables.

I hope it comes with the twist downs, The cables are cheap in my opinion and always get knick and messed up from pulling them on and off.

Does anybody know?

thanks

Jim

I would guess it would have the cables. The updated photo confirms this. Not my favorite either.

I hope they won't be like the ones on the GrandAM cars like these.........

Or like the ones on the Shelby GT .... a bother to deal with when opening and closing the hood.If you look close you can see where the one on the drivers side has put a dent in the hood because of poor adjustment .

I hope they will be like the ones on the KR recessed twist down type,I wouldn't want any cable to be rubbing on the paint esp at high speeds.

post-54-1181348656_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181348766_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181348834_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181349145_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181349454_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181348656_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181348766_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181348834_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181349145_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181349454_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know?

thanks

Jim

Looks like cable type, at least for now.

Last I heard they were going to be the spring loaded "push and turn" type.

Does any one have any idea, even guess, of when this hood will be available for sale?

They are JUST starting to call the 40th package deals asking them if want to add SSparts, etc.., then will be calling the SS deals and taking downpayments, the SS will be in Tulsa on Monday for show and tell, parts? After all of that scheduling etc.. look for after the 18th June to end of month on SAI website, should see something new there. We will see if that happens.

In another post, Amy replied to a similar question of mine regarding individual SS parts by stating that the SS parts that would be available individually would be available starting on June 18th, when the new Shelby Performance Parts website is up and runing.

In another post, Amy replied to a similar question of mine regarding individual SS parts by stating that the SS parts that would be available individually would be available starting on June 18th, when the new Shelby Performance Parts website is up and runing.

Great thats what I was hoping for! Thanks for the info.

Archived