TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Verts With Svt Track Pack

Torched10

Out of idle curiousity I was just looking at the Ford final gt,500 2014 production numbers. I have a dib vert 1 of 28 with white stripes. Drilling down I have the track pack option the the Ford numbers dont show ANY verts with that. I know I've got it because the window sticker shows it ,the wheels are correct etc. Any thoughts

All it took to get the fancier wheels and some other bells and whistles was to order the "SVT Performance Package".

The "SVT Track Package", a totally separate option, simply got you the 3 oil coolers for the engine, trans and differential. I purposely omitted the "Track Package" when I ordered my car, since I had no plans to ever track the car, but mainly due to that engine oil cooler hanging there in front of the radiator ready to receive a blow from a sharp rock potentially rupturing the engine oil system and frying an engine or at the very least making a huge mess under the hood.

I am sure someday when it's time to sell the track pack cars will be worth a little more but in my view all those cooler fittings and connections was just more stuff to go wrong.

Norton is 100% correct. When I Put my '14 Vert. order together, only the 821 package was available, and I took it. Vert's also have a 155 Mph speed limiter when stock... Apparently it comes into play on the Dyno at the top of a 4th gear pull. Gotta get mine on the rollers for a baseline pull. Hello RET Dyno Day????

When we ordered our convertible in early 2012 I did a lot of research on this, as I was hoping to get it on the car. Found out there was no way to get it.

Salesman had the SVT Track Package on the order form, (me knowing he couldn't get it) but he assured me it would be on the car.

I had lot's of documentation of him assuring me multiple times it would be there.

Became a renegotiation factor when they didn't deliver the car as ordered.

Thats too bad. I'm figuring in my drag racing days,which ended about 10 years ago you couldnt race a vert under 14 seconds et w,/o a roll bar cage in the car. I did that to a trans am in 1999 but got hammered on resale. So I'm figuring that's why you can't get the track pack on verts. I did do research into the productoon numbers and of the 117. Dib verts 99 have the svt perf pack I also have only lumbar seats with

White stripes and they only made 28 of those. That's pretty cool.

Everyone gets this messed up. The wheels are part of the SVT performance package, NOT part of the track package, however you cannot have the Track Pack without the SVTPP, and no verts have the Track pack, only SVT PP.

2013TrackPack.jpg

2013GT500SVTPP.jpg

Archived