TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member From Va

MO^ON^ABE

Just wanted to introduce myself here and say I hope to learn a lot from this forum. I just picked up an '08 Shelby gt500 about 4 days ago and already love it. I have already read about the LCA and clutch issues with these cars but hope these have already been replaced. Lol. Bought the car from a dealer and I'm the second owner but it appears to already have upgrades. Forge star wheels,roush exhaust(not sure if it's the extreme or not cause I don't know the difference), but not sure what maintenance had been done because it appears the previous owner did not do the services at ford. That's why I'm here...to learn. I will say that I feel I have always been a "car fan", whether it be classics,muscle cars,imports,etc. To the delight of my wife I seem to change cars about every 2 years, while not on purpose it just seems to work out that way. That said I have owned imports,euro's,luxury,domestics alike. I do have a working knowledge of imports,euros and turbos but this is my first Mustang. I've never gotten into the import/domestic dick measuring contests because...well because I'm not in high school I guess. Even though my background is imports..when I saw this beauty sitting at a dealer, I couldn't pass it up! A chance to own a supercharged V8? Yes please! I'll be lurking around and hope to become a part of the community. Thanks

post-44756-0-19492900-1427313475_thumb.jpg

post-44756-0-87058000-1427313490_thumb.jpg

Edited by MolanLabe

MolanLabe,

Welcome to the Team, and that is really what it is. Great people with a ton of experience and expertise to share. Ego gets parked at the curb, so never hesitate to hit the site with any questions you might have.

Congratulations on your new ride. Enjoy the miles.

All the best,

Quinn

Welcome.... and feel free to lurk.... there is a wealth of info here and if you search around you will find it. You could ask and someone will point you in the right direction.... personally I follow the Shelby GT stuff so I may not be of any help.

Good luck!

Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat. Right now trying to read thru the FAQ's to find out how to post pics, so I don't have to ask that dreaded newbie question. I already have them hosted on a site but don't see an option to copy and paste the URL or the direct link. Maybe it's because I'm on my mobile.

Edited by MolanLabe

Welcome, and Congrats on your new ride!!

We need pics! If you get to your laptop, when the reply box opens it has a little square that looks like a polaroid picture. Click on that and the box to paste the URL will open!! Now get to it!!

Wecome again from So Cal,

Mike

Welcome, and Congrats on your new ride!!

We need pics! If you get to your laptop, when the reply box opens it has a little square that looks like a polaroid picture. Click on that and the box to paste the URL will open!! Now get to it!!

Wecome again from So Cal,

Mike

Haha yep that's what I figured. I'll drag out the laptop tomorrow.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new purchase! Lots of good people and great info here. Richmond is a great city...lived in Sandstone for a little while and my girl was in Midlothian.