TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby Gt500 Track Pack Rims. Can You Buy Them New?

Does anyone know where you can buy, or if you can buy, 2014 GT500 track pack rims? (the staggered set of 19" and 20")

I see used ones up on eBay.......but I can't seem to find any new ones for sale, even on some of the Ford sites. I would think they would be offered just like the other Ford Racing wheels.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can buy new ones over the parts counter at Ford. About a year ago I priced 20's when I was thinking about having a set widened and if my memory serves he said they were $2200 each but he would let me have them for $1800 each. I personally like them better than any aftermarket but I don't like them THAT much given you can buy a set of Forgestars for what one OEM wheel would cost. Maybe in another year Ford Racing Parts will have them available at a realistic price like the SVT wheels for the 11's and 12's are now.

blk12svt and Pete are spot-on, OP, though I'm confused by your request for "2014 GT500 track pack rims? (the staggered set of 19" and 20")".

All 2013-2014 GT500s came with staggered 19"/20" rims. The Base models came with split 5-spoke "Premium Painted Forged-Aluminum" rims, while SVT Performance Package cars came with split 8-spoke "Tarnish-Painted Forged-Aluminum" rims. The SVT Track Package added "external engine oil cooler, transmission cooler pump, and differential cooler," but did nothing for wheels.

AFAIK, they're all the same (obscene) price from Ford. FWIW, however, SVTPP rims are more prevalent (and therefore tend to be a little cheaper in the after-market) than Base rims, which are harder to find (and therefore command slightly higher prices in the after-market).

Here's a picture of mine with it's original SVTPP rims:

IMG_0188_zps1bbf1611.jpg

And with Base rims:

FSS_0730_zpsf9d66ab0.jpg

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

@Norton: I used the term "2014 GT500 track pack rims" only because that seems to be the most used description of what I am looking for. Every Shelby American eBay auction also uses that name, so I thought I would be consistent with what people seem to be calling them.

I will keep looking, shopping for a mint set of used ones, and see what shows up for sale at the Spring @Carlisle event in April.

If you decide to buy a set off of eBay, make sure you contact the seller and make sure of their condition before bidding. Some of the sellers use a picture of their best looking wheels and use that picture for all their auctions, so you never know what you are going to get until they arrive at your door. Buyer beware.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a complete set on e-bay with tires. The offer is currently at 1299.99. They are being listed by Shelby Performance Parts. It looks like they were take-offs from a Super Snake upgrade with 6000 miles on them. Sorry, I don't know how to put the link on the forum. Hope this helps.

Shelby Performance (shelbyauctions) is one of the worst offenders when it comes to using the same pictures and descriptions in all their auctions for the same item or items. What you see isn't always what you get. But I will give them credit for standing behind their auctions, you just have to to bring any discrepancies to their attention and wait for corrective action. It would just be a lot easier for all concerned if they took the time in the first place to make sure the item in their auction matched the description and pictures.

Archived