TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Welcome Terry Grandt

19again

Please welcome Terry to the GT-H forum. He is the proud owner of 06H0141. I will let Terry introduce himself.

Be sure to let Terry know that if he hasn't already he should Register his GTH in the Shelby American Registry, see first link below.

Also let Terry know that he have the permanent dash plaque for 06H0141 and that he should request it by using the second link below.

http://registry.teamshelby.com/

http://registry.teamshelby.com/register_gth.asp

Steve

Thanks for the welcome. I love it. Flew to Minneapolis Friday AM and drove her home. Had a blast!

I tend to be "the lurker" on most forums, not real comfortable adding my 2 cents.

Terry

Don't be shy here. Great folks and you will find out that the car is what we drive but it really is about the friendships that are made. Get a chance, post pictures. What CM number and where was she a rental at? Do not forget to register it as Steve mentioned and did you contact HERTZ for their items such as window sticker, Shelby invoice etc?

So much to learn! I did manage to register 141 online, not difficult to do unless you are technologically challenged like me.

I need to see if Hertz has it's goodies and I'll try to figure that out tomorrow. Also "shelbymotorsports" indicates there may

be the permanent dash plaque to get? I hope so. Troy, I knew you were there somewhere but didn't want to bother you. It

has been helpful reading your blog and posts and I enjoyed meeting you last May. (It was the one at Luther.) They picked me

up at the airport and treated me very well. Even gave me $120 worth of goodies from the Shelby store in Vegas. I must have

paid enough for the car they felt sorry for me. Only kidding on that part, they were wonderful and I would deal with them again.

Also, I joined the Great Lakes region since I met Rich last year; another great guy to know, but I live in rural western Illinois. Cows

are my favorite animal. They are having calves now and 3 were born without me on Friday. Enough rambling-----

Terry

So much to learn! I did manage to register 141 online, not difficult to do unless you are technologically challenged like me.

I need to see if Hertz has it's goodies and I'll try to figure that out tomorrow. Also "shelbymotorsports" indicates there may

be the permanent dash plaque to get? I hope so. Troy, I knew you were there somewhere but didn't want to bother you. It

has been helpful reading your blog and posts and I enjoyed meeting you last May. (It was the one at Luther.) They picked me

up at the airport and treated me very well. Even gave me $120 worth of goodies from the Shelby store in Vegas. I must have

paid enough for the car they felt sorry for me. Only kidding on that part, they were wonderful and I would deal with them again.

Also, I joined the Great Lakes region since I met Rich last year; another great guy to know, but I live in rural western Illinois. Cows

are my favorite animal. They are having calves now and 3 were born without me on Friday. Enough rambling-----

Terry

Cows as pets, or do you just love beef. PETA: "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" !

Terry,

It's encouraging that "shelbymotorsports" says your permanent dash plaque is still available from the Shelby folks. That could mean the Hertz Owners Packet has gone unclaimed as well. You'll find the name Steve Fleske referenced many times throughout these GT-H posts as the Hertz contact person to claim the owners packet. However, Steve retired this past December and the fellow who now has that responsibility is Mike Beard........mbeard@hertz.com

phone number remains the same.....405-775-3599

Dick

So far I've found :

TCS clip

Engine cable

Lower center valence not painted

Probable re-stripe

Brake calipers are black-repaint?

Utube has TCS clip removal, but I can't see how to remove the "knob" can anyone comment?

Also, I like my cows, but they are livestock meant for what they are. one special one I will bury in the back yard.

Terry,

It's encouraging that "shelbymotorsports" says your permanent dash plaque is still available from the Shelby folks. That could mean the Hertz Owners Packet has gone unclaimed as well. You'll find the name Steve Fleske referenced many times throughout these GT-H posts as the Hertz contact person to claim the owners packet. However, Steve retired this past December and the fellow who now has that responsibility is Mike Beard........mbeard@hertz.com

phone number remains the same.....405-775-3599

Dick

Good info, will put t.ghat in my tool box about Steve. Modertaor may want to sticky the above post for future owners

So far I've found :TCS clipEngine cableLower center valence not paintedProbable re-stripeBrake calipers are black-repaint?Utube has TCS clip removal, but I can't see how to remove the "knob" can anyone comment?Also, I like my cows, but they are livestock meant for what they are. one special one I will bury in the back yard.

I like cows too. Without cows I wouldn't have a good chocolate malt !

So far I've found :

TCS clip

Engine cable

Lower center valence not painted

Probable re-stripe

Brake calipers are black-repaint?

Utube has TCS clip removal, but I can't see how to remove the "knob" can anyone comment?

Also, I like my cows, but they are livestock meant for what they are. one special one I will bury in the back yard.

I'm afraid I'm lost about a "knob".... The TCS as you know is simply a button. The clip behind the button prevents the button from being pushed all the way. Simply pry off the button carefully with a screw driver and you can then remove the clip (keep it around!!) if you want to disable the TCS.

Any luck finding a white pouch of goodies under the spare tire area?

It seems like Terry has been very warmly welcomed. I knew that each of you would do that. I am sure glad he made the Minnesnota trip last week because today's weather would not allow that.

If the clip is still in place, will the TCS button light still come on and off when you push it (enabling and disabling it) or is that the sign that it has been removed? I have not tried to pry it off but figured I would ask before doing it.

If the clip is still in place, will the TCS button light still come on and off when you push it (enabling and disabling it) or is that the sign that it has been removed? I have not tried to pry it off but figured I would ask before doing it.

I have found if the clip doesn't seat properly you can defeat it. Most of the time the clip does what its intended to do which is enable the TC. The light should not come on if the clip is seated properly. If the clip is missing or misaligned then the light should come on. I suggest leaving it in place as not to lose it.

Terry

I believe this is how the TCS is intended to operate. With the clip in place, the button cannot be depressed, the light is NOT on and the TC remains engaged. Remove the wire clip from the back side of the button, re-install the button, gently depress it, the light WILL come on and TC is disabled. It will remain disabled until: 1. you depress the button again and the light goes out or 2. the ignition is turned off. The system is designed to default back to enabled when ignition is turned off.

Though I have not personally seen a switch work with the clip in place, I can see how it might. These removable buttons are made of very light weight plastic and the tabs on the back side which hold the wire clip in place could be easily broken. If the clip has been removed and re-installed several times, it's possible some of the tabs have broken resulting in a misalignment of the clip thereby not providing the locking function it's intended for. Also, if the original clip has been lost over time and someone tried to fabricated a replacement, the shape may not be quite right and it too will not work as intended.

If your wire clip is still in place behind the button cap, I'd remove it, put it in a small ziplock bag and store it with your other GT-H mementos.

Hope this helps........

Dick

Archived