TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Ford Event Flyer: 25 August 2007

Staff

I'm here Adam.

Boy............we are gonna have some hot pics of that driveway. Let's see I recalculated with the front lawn (don't let my wife see this) 10 cars, the side lawn 2-4 more and the main driveway 18 or so. It looks like we could fit 30 or so. Someone can take my garage space.................it's empty...............still waiting for the Mod Shop to get going on the finished product.

Great to see so many for a casual get together.

I live about 20 min. south of Providence, RI and 10 min. from Tasca heading south.

Do you have room in the driveway for 1 more Shelby with 2 guests?

I live nearby. If you need help with anything (food supplies, labor) let me know.

Regards,

Norm

Sure do Norm. Thanks for the offer. I just may take you up on this. It is begining to get much bigger than Adam and I thought. But it will be a good time to just sit and relax and talk Shelby! Oh..........and some good food also.

Roger

I'm pretty sure I will be making it. I'm getting the 40th with SS power options - and I figure CS will be making the announcement that Tasca is the East coast shop.

Still need to arrange for a room.

PM me if you need some recommendations.

I will be coming along with my wife, and Jim and Audrey Wilson. Save room for two more Shelby's in your driveway. We will be driving up I-95 next week leaving from Florida. If anyone wants to hook up please let us know. Ruff how far off of 95 do you live?

Mark

haarbauers@aol.com

Definately have room Mark. Have a safe trip. We have reached 15 Shelby's with your 2. Still have plenty of room. Located about 20 miles north of the CT. RI border right off of 95. Tasca is about 6 miles North off of RT 37 which is off of RT 95. Very easy to find.

Roger

Guys, I'll be there bright & early!!!

This is going to be one HOT show!!! :happy feet: Can't wait to finally meet everyone!!! It will be nice to swap stories and have some laughs. I think it's going to be a HUGE turnout! :headspin:

See you all then!

~Chris

PS- don't forget the cans, man!!! ;)

Robert and I will be there :happy feet: :happy feet: flying in Friday afternoon. Then flying out Sunday morning. Does anyone know of any hotels close to Tasca? Maybe we can stop by for the party :happy feet: :happy feet:

My timing SUCKS!!!!!!

I had to go to RI this past weekend which meant I missed Woodward. Next weekend I have a race event which means I miss RI and the Tasca event. DAMN!!!!!

I was at the one on Pontiac Ave. That place is MASSIVE! and they had a red/white GT500 sitting OUTSIDE!!!!!!! I even took some photos.

My timing SUCKS!!!!!!

I had to go to RI this past weekend which meant I missed Woodward. Next weekend I have a race event which means I miss RI and the Tasca event. DAMN!!!!!

I was at the one on Pontiac Ave. That place is MASSIVE! and they had a red/white GT500 sitting OUTSIDE!!!!!!! I even took some photos.

Yup........that's the place!

Robert and I will be there :happy feet: :happy feet: flying in Friday afternoon. Then flying out Sunday morning. Does anyone know of any hotels close to Tasca? Maybe we can stop by for the party :happy feet: :happy feet:

Sharon, I think if you look in the begining of the thread Adam ODwyer listed some hotels most are close. If you need more PM me.

Sharon, I think if you look in the begining of the thread Adam ODwyer listed some hotels most are close. If you need more PM me.

Thanks some of those still have rooms so I should be fine. Thanks for the info.

Definately have room Mark. Have a safe trip. We have reached 15 Shelby's with your 2. Still have plenty of room. Located about 20 miles north of the CT. RI border right off of 95. Tasca is about 6 miles North off of RT 37 which is off of RT 95. Very easy to find.

Roger

Your event seems to be growing quite large. If there is still room at your home for me I will plan to drive down after the show. My wife and I will be there at Tasca first thing Saturday morning, bright and early with my GT 500.

Your event seems to be growing quite large. If there is still room at your home for me I will plan to drive down after the show. My wife and I will be there at Tasca first thing Saturday morning, bright and early with my GT 500.

Yes it is growing..............there will be plenty of room as people will just be in and out I'm sure. Will be nice to meet you.

have two members who are enroute to the TASCA event this week from Florida

They just crossed the NC line at South of the Border and are heading to RI.

They would love to hook up and caravan with othe SHELBY owners in the drive up.

Please call Mark aka 500HP aka sad sack at 239-560-6967

THANKYOU especially For the folks that called and offered places to stay on the way! We were surprised to get all the calls. We are here in Cranston staying at the Comfort Inn ($89 Night) but I don't recommend it. Next to airport, no micro, no fridge for beer, and hard to see car from room. LoL! Went to Tasca upon arrival and saw the KR and SS Truck but not unloaded yet. They had a few 500's in garage and one was on the dyno making all kinds of noise. Told Carroll Shelby and John Force would fly in tomorrow night. Also a desk will be set up at entrance to sign in on Saturday. Doesn't look like there is much room for more than 200 cars if you plan on showing your car-get here early! We are at 401/732-0470 room 207 and 210. Our cell is 239/560-6967-Mark. Heard the best pizza is in downtown Providence.

Going through Washington DC and New York City (Queens) was a pain in the a$$! Never do it again in my Shelby! Lots of comments everywhere we go. Only other Shelby we saw was on I-95 north of Florence North Carolina and he was going south.

Hope to see and meet some new friends!

Mark

Holiday Inn Express looks brand new-shoot for it! Good Pizza alos near Tasca if you all want to party Friday Night! If you just want to drink Beer give us a call too!

Mark & Barb

You made it, welcome to New England. I'm not too familiar with the area in which your staying, but if you should find a Bertucci's restaurant, that's where you will get the best pizza anywhere in New England. Thank you for the update at Tasca. See you on Saturday.

Update: You were very brave going over the GW bridge in New York with your Shelby. The thought of that makes me shudder. On your return trip I would highly recommend going back over the Tappen Zee bridge.

Bertucci's is right in front of our hotel (Comfort Inn) and we ate there last night-excellent! We went to Legal Seafood for lunch today-excellent!

We just got back from meeting NX338 at his families speed shop. Wow, nice car! Fast too! Bad Boy and NX would be a good race. He had never seen a black Shelby with White Stripes. Must be unique up here? Looking forward to meeting some great folks tomorrow!

Brians Pony-We are going to by-pass going home via 84 and 81. We used alot of clutch and brake that is for sure! Pot holes are huge in some areas! LOL!

Mark

Bertucci's is right in front of our hotel (Comfort Inn) and we ate there last night-excellent! We went to Legal Seafood for lunch today-excellent!

We just got back from meeting NX338 at his families speed shop. Wow, nice car! Fast too! Bad Boy and NX would be a good race. He had never seen a black Shelby with White Stripes. Must be unique up here? Looking forward to meeting some great folks tomorrow!

Brians Pony-We are going to by-pass going home via 84 and 81. We used alot of clutch and brake that is for sure! Pot holes are huge in some areas! LOL!

Mark

See you tomorrow Mark.

Looking forward to meeting alot of us on here!!! :happy feet:

We'll be in the GO/w

Coming from central NY------figure about 4.5 hours.

Leaving probably 1-1;30 am.

We wont be able to sleep a wink anyways,so we might as well be driving!!! :headspin:

See u all soon!!!

Judy

I updated with more pics from today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...429398840481314

Today's new pics start where I'm soaking the car to get the water/dirt spots off from it baking in the Vegas sun. Then there's Roger setting up for tomorrow's party and helping me shine my car (he worked his butt off - Thank You Roger). He has a pretty sweet garage. Then there are more pics of my car and finally I took some pics from the Tasca caf high above where the show will be tomorrow. You'll see they emptied most of the cars out to make room.

If you look closely, you can see Bob Tasca Sr (The Bopper) walking with his wife to his car. It took them about 15 minutes to go from where I was to that spot. I had spoken with them a few minutes before; they were off to go meet with Carroll, Amy, and the others. They are all having clam cakes and clam chowder (well, that's what Carroll wanted anyway - I hope he doesn't get intigestion from those clam cakes LOL) in Newport, RI tonight. Roger and I were thinking of going, but we didn't want to get arrested for stalking LOL.

OH, AND IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! :happy feet:

I updated with more pics from today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...429398840481314

Today's new pics start where I'm soaking the car to get the water/dirt spots off from it baking in the Vegas sun. Then there's Roger setting up for tomorrow's party and helping me shine my car (he worked his butt off - Thank You Roger). He has a pretty sweet garage. Then there are more pics of my car and finally I took some pics from the Tasca caf high above where the show will be tomorrow. You'll see they emptied most of the cars out to make room.

If you look closely, you can see Bob Tasca Sr (The Bopper) walking with his wife to his car. It took them about 15 minutes to go from where I was to that spot. I had spoken with them a few minutes before; they were off to go meet with Carroll, Amy, and the others. They are all having clam cakes and clam chowder (well, that's what Carroll wanted anyway - I hope he doesn't get intigestion from those clam cakes LOL) in Newport, RI tonight. Roger and I were thinking of going, but we didn't want to get arrested for stalking LOL.

OH, AND IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! :happy feet:

Linky no work for me :(

Linky no work for me :(

Sorry about that, try this one:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT

Also, I wanted to say it was great meeting everyone. It was a special day at Tasca, something I have been working on and waiting for since back in March.

I can't wait for the next event.

Archived