TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Ford Event Flyer: 25 August 2007

Staff

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome!!! Welcome to the forums and I can't wait to get there!!! There should be a ton of members there. Look forward to meeting you!!!

PS- Congratulations on your car, too!!! It must be beautiful...what color did you pick?

Thanks crispy, looking forward to meeting you too. See you there.

I went with the black SGT. With my car being approx 500 # lighter than the GT500, GT500KR and SS, and with having approx 550-600 HP after Tasca is done with it, I will be ready to rock and roll.

What's the story with that Tachyon colored Shelby? Is that your car? It looks like a SS, is it? If so, will it have 600 HP or 750 HP?

• 3 weeks later...

Scheduled installations for the SS???? :headscratch: :snake:

Looking forward to seeing you and your Shelby at Tasca FastFordNut!! It was nice meeting you at the Mustang Show in Manchester CT back in June. :shift:

Scheduled installations for the SS???? :headscratch: :snake:

Looking forward to seeing you and your Shelby at Tasca FastFordNut!! It was nice meeting you at the Mustang Show in Manchester CT back in June. :shift:

Lot's going on that day. Should be fun.

It might work out to be the largest meeting of New England area members to date.

Lot's going on that day. Should be fun.

It might work out to be the largest meeting of New England area members to date.

Only If I show up... :hysterical2::hysterical2: O..... I need my car first...my bad ....:hysterical2::hysterical2::waiting::waiting: still :waiting::waiting: still..................

I'm told the rumor about Tasca in Cranston, RI being the east coast shop is a good rumor. Carroll himself will be there in August for the annual event. Maybe he has a big announcement?

Sorry but I can't respond to the rumors above. Wish I could.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all there at the show.

Anyway, because of the special project between Shelby and Tasca regarding my car, everyone be sure to be there when Mr. Shelby signs the driver's side roof of my car while Bob Tasca Sr. signs the passenger's side. Then Carroll will sign my matching Shelby GT Fender guitar. I am positive that you'll all be very interested in seeing my 40th Anniversary Tasca Shelby. Read more about the 67 Tasca Shelby linked in my signature. Although a GT500, that car is the DNA of my SGT - both at "600+ HP, rarified, baddest..." I'm hoping the author, Bill Holder, will be at the show too.

While I'm at it, go check out the link (my sig again) to the Shelby Song I got started on the SAI forum. You'll see that I wrote the first attempt and then a friend and fellow SGT owner made it much better and then recorded it. Amy got wind, liked it and then passed it to Mr. Shelby. There is a link to the song too (both the original version and the revised). Shelby Licensing asked me if they can put it on the soon-to-be-revamped carrollshelby.com site. They said they all loved it and are constantly singing it in the office and hallways. Pretty cool for a guy who was just interested in putting something together to honor the Legend. I never thought it would make it to their website.

Well, I'm taking another trip to SAI this week. Have several interesting items to discuss with my friends at SAI.

See you all at Tasca - 1300 Pontiac Ave, Cranston, RI. It's a taxi ride from the Providence (Greene) Airport.

Sorry but I can't respond to the rumors above. Wish I could.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all there at the show.

Anyway, because of the special project between Shelby and Tasca regarding my car, everyone be sure to be there when Mr. Shelby signs the driver's side roof of my car while Bob Tasca Sr. signs the passenger's side. Then Carroll will sign my matching Shelby GT Fender guitar. I am very positive that you'll all be very very very interested in seeing my 40th Anniversary Tasca Shelby. Pay special attention as some hints are in my signature. Read more about the 67 Tasca Shelby linked in my signature. Although a GT500, that car is the DNA of my SGT - both at "600+ HP, rarified, baddest..." I'm hoping the author, Bill Holder, will be at the show too.

While I'm at it, go check out the link (my sig again) to the Shelby Song I got started on the SAI forum. You'll see that I wrote the first attempt and then a friend and fellow SGT owner made it much better and then recorded it. Amy got wind, liked it and then passed it to Mr. Shelby. There is a link to the song too (both the original version and the revised). Shelby Licensing asked me if they can put it on the soon-to-be-revamped carrollshelby.com site. They said they all loved it and are constantly singing it in the office and hallways. Pretty cool for a guy who was just interested in putting something together to honor the Legend. I never thought it would make it to their website.

Well, I'm taking another trip to SAI this week. Have several interesting items to discuss with my friends at SAI.

See you all at Tasca - 1300 Pontiac Ave, Cranston, RI. It's a taxi ride from the Providence (Greene) Airport.

Based on your SGT 40th alone, I think it's pretty clear the GT500 40th and SS work on the east coast will be done there. That and the Shelby history there...it's a lock.

The S197 Shelby Club will also be set up at this event, and Robert and I will be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I was informed that the purpose of Mr Shelbys appearance is to announce that Tasca will be an authorized Shelby parts installer.

In addition, they will also be doing some of the scheduled S/S pkg installs for New England area cars.

Based on your SGT 40th alone, I think it's pretty clear the GT500 40th and SS work on the east coast will be done there. That and the Shelby history there...it's a lock.

I'm hoping I can still make it, I have to make an unscheduled stop in Bay City for a memorial service for my Father-in-Law who passed 7-13-07, (he will be missed very much) still in planning stage as to when in Aug. it will be since we are going to MI- Dearborn trip from the 8-12th Aug. This will be great if the East Coast shop will be here, makes sense with the history of it all.

All, Tasca Day (that's what I still call it) is going to be huge. Lots and lots of people are coming from all over the country, While at SAI the other day, I met people from Pennsylvania and other states who said they were coming and knew of other coming too. I've recently been at car shows where many people have talked about all the people going too. I wish I could say more but I can't so just trust that it will be a magical day.

Since some of us in the north east have mentioned an annual get-together, I suggest this event each year. For the whole country, perhaps an annual pilgrimage to SAI on the SGT's launch date (was that August 11th?) is in order?

For those of you that are coming, the show is from 10-4 but I highly recommend that you arrive earlier. There will be some very interesting things happening. Don't forget to bring 2 cans of food for donation/entrance. Among many other things, they will have dyno pulls for $89, the KR will be there as well as John Force, Robert Hight, live music, a huge BBQ, the 2009 Ford Flex, a real lot of great cars, and of course, Mr. Shelby (and others).

Maybe we can have a big get-together in Providence the night before. I have a friend that owns a bar in the city. I'll ask him if he has any events going on that night. Maybe we can meet there. Those taking a hotel, let me know and I'll be glad to recommend hotels and restaurants. I wish the Providence Water Fire was on that weekend: http://www.waterfire.org/

Don't forget that my sig has all the info about the show.

Carroll will be signing items (including my car and matching guitar). As you know it's $100 for items and $200 for car parts.

John Force usually signs items. I don't know whether there is a fee/donation. I really hope Ashley will be there too. I'm sure that Robert Hight and others will sign too.

Billy Gilbert (responsible for inventing the Cobra Jet engine) is usually there and still works for them (I'm told). If you want to know more about that, Google "concocting the cobra jet engine." Billy signed my son's 1/18th scale model a few years ago as well as John Force.

See you all there.

Can't wait and 2 Shelbys will be arriving from Florida. Where do you recommend we get a Hotel at? We would love to get together the day before for dinner?

Mark

Hotels:

1) Fancy: Westin - Providence, Biltmore - Providence or Marriott - Providence

2) Pretty nice: Marriott Courtyard - Providence or Crowne Plaza - Warwick, near the Providence airport (but not so close that the planes bother you) and closer to Tasca

3) Cheap: Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express (see below)

Here is a list of a bunch that are pretty colse to Tasca:

Comfort Inn Airport - more info »

1940 Post Rd., Warwick, RI

(401) 732-0470 -

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - more info »

901 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick, RI

(401) 736-5030 -

Courtyard By Marriott - more info »

55 Jefferson Park Rd, Warwick, RI

(401) 467-6900 -

Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Crossings - more info »

801 Greenwich Ave, Warwick, RI

(401) 732-4839 -

Homestead Studio Suites Hotel - more info »

268 Metro Center Blvd, Warwick, RI

(401) 732-6667 -

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel - more info »

1850 Post Road, Warwick, RI

(401) 738-4000 -

Extended Stay America - more info »

245 W Natick Rd, Warwick, RI

(401) 732-2547 -

Radisson Airport Hotel Providence - more info »

2081 Post Rd, Warwick, RI

(401) 739-3000 -

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Warwick-Airport - more info »

2100 Post Road, Warwick, RI

(401) 739-8888 -

Fairfield Inn - more info »

36 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick, RI

(401) 941-6600 -

To all the forum members and friends planning to attend the Tasca Day Event on August 25, 2007:

Please go to this link to the SAI forum regarding this subject. RossGT posted the following about a party after the Tasca event (please post your replies there):

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1849

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There had been mention of a prior evening get together in Providence. After throwing it around a while, Adam and I have teamed up to offer a BBQ right after the Tasca Day event at my home just minutes from Tasca. Most members may be traveling the evening prior or early the morning of the event (don't forget to get there early). After a long day we thought what better way to get to know one another than have a relaxing late afternoon BBQ and just talk Shelby!

I will be co-hosting the event at my home which is about a 10 min. drive (in a normal vehicle). And I think there will be enough off street protected parking. I have calculated my driveway will hold up to 21 Shelby's. Then we have the front and side lawn, maybe 30 total. But that's not all; food, music and refreshing beverages and relaxation prior to your journey home, to your hotels or other late night activities.

If you are interested in attending just reply to the thread so Adam and I can get a rough headcount. Adam will update a running tally on the first post to the thread. We will keep you updated weekly and provide more specifics.

Imagine the picture of 30 Shelby's in one driveway!! Should be a good time.

Naturally, I don't need to mention to please be respectful of my lawn and neighbors.

More to follow...

Roger Sorel

Adam O'Dwyer

• 2 weeks later...

I will be coming along with my wife, and Jim and Audrey Wilson. Save room for two more Shelby's in your driveway. We will be driving up I-95 next week leaving from Florida. If anyone wants to hook up please let us know. Ruff how far off of 95 do you live?

Mark

haarbauers@aol.com

I will be coming along with my wife, and Jim and Audrey Wilson. Save room for two more Shelby's in your driveway. We will be driving up I-95 next week leaving from Florida. If anyone wants to hook up please let us know. Ruff how far off of 95 do you live?

Mark

haarbauers@aol.com

Guys that's great news. Please also go to the post on shelbyautos for more details. Roger will be posting those details next Wednesday or Thursday. I'll remind him topost and check here again too.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1849

I'm pretty sure I will be making it. I'm getting the 40th with SS power options - and I figure CS will be making the announcement that Tasca is the East coast shop.

Still need to arrange for a room.

That's cool flyboy. I'm sure you know this but not only will the KR be there, but the SS will too (as well as the 08 SGT vert).

Archived