TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So what is this "Ice" everyone is talking about?

Don't know what I'm doing wrong on the search tab, but I just keep getting "not found" when I search for "Ice". Can someonw fill me in on why it would be better than the Meguiars Polish that I've been using for years? Zaino seems kind of expensive so I'm wondering about this product. Thanks in advance for the answers to a repeating topic.

The Ice is a synthetic polish that can be put on the entire cars surfaces including the plastic and it shine everything. It took 2 years to develope and has been out about a year or so. It is a great product and offers UV protection too.

Here is my thread on it.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=5888&hl=

Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Paste, is an amazing product, that does not leave a white residue on black parts, polishes real easy and holds up VERY well!

Cool, I googled that and found a bunch of info, sounds great! Noticed they have a Liquid Clay Bar? Anyone used that?

Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Paste, is an amazing product, that does not leave a white residue on black parts, polishes real easy and holds up VERY well!

It is not a "paste" it is a liquid.

Cool, I googled that and found a bunch of info, sounds great! Noticed they have a Liquid Clay Bar? Anyone used that?

Don't use that. I heard it drys in the cracks and is a nightmare to remove from the cracks.

I'm a heavy user of Meguiars products and just purchased some ICE paste. I'm testing on my girlfriends Nissan and comparing it. So far, it's pretty nice stuff. I clay barred (a real clay bar system, not ICE liquid) the car first then laid it on by hand and took it off by hand....was pretty easy, very smooth finish....great part...no dust, no white film on any plastic or black surfaces.

I only hand wash (Mr. Clean car wash system) and dry my Shelby, I have about 6 coats of Meguiars Gold Paste on it and it's perfect. So I'm waiting to see if the Ice on her car will hold or if multiple coats can be applied.

I've heard the ICE is great for the ABS plastic and other black pieces under the hood. If I ever get home, I plan on trying it out...I'll let you know how it comes out.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong on the search tab, but I just keep getting "not found" when I search for "Ice". Can someonw fill me in on why it would be better than the Meguiars Polish that I've been using for years? Zaino seems kind of expensive so I'm wondering about this product. Thanks in advance for the answers to a repeating topic.

Ice, I believe, is Turtle Waxes new product. It is a clear liquid polymer wax that can be applied in direct sun and on hot surfaces. I have used it as well as Meguires Tech Wax.

I feel that the Tech Wax takes a bit more elbow grease to get buffed out than the Ice, but leaves a bit deeper colour. But the ice goes on and comes off sooo easily, and can be applied on all plastic parts, like the black trim, mirror covers, rocker panels, front splitter, rear diffuser, and around the windows. It definately does not leave any white residue of any kind, and I think it does a great job. I use it as a filler, in between my less frequently applied Tech Wax.

Hope this helps.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1181317366_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1181317366_thumb.jpg

I used the liquid claybar and it does a really nice job....but yes liquid gets in all of the little places that my fat fingers and a rag don't. It was a rough one to get fully removed and required items like a tooth brush to get it all done.....Too much time and effort for me but it does do a nice job. I will be trying the paste because of the pics I've seen on here (especially under the hood) but am pretty loyal to the meguires stuff today. I really like the idea of no white marks on the plastic though so this could be my new wax of choice....I should know for sure after this week end if weather allows me to try it out.

I used the liquid claybar and it does a really nice job....but yes liquid gets in all of the little places that my fat fingers and a rag don't. It was a rough one to get fully removed and required items like a tooth brush to get it all done.....Too much time and effort for me but it does do a nice job. I will be trying the paste because of the pics I've seen on here (especially under the hood) but am pretty loyal to the meguires stuff today. I really like the idea of no white marks on the plastic though so this could be my new wax of choice....I should know for sure after this week end if weather allows me to try it out.

Is there much difference between the liquid and the paste versions of the ICE wax? I too have been using Mequiers products for years but always ready to try something new.

www.roadfly.com is a forum where the guys are insane over auto detailing. Several posts over there that Turtle Wax Ice is junk, especially with regard to longevity. Zaino is the answer.

I have both Ice and Zaino. Been waiting for the paint to cure, I think it's time to use one or the other........ decisions decisions

I use this stuff

http://www.cleanacar.com/dwg4.html

I'm really happy with it. Easy to apply and gives a nice shine. I'm told it's what the detailers in Las Vegas use.

I have used almost every kind of wax and polish out there. Seems it depends on the cars paint and color. I've used ICE on my GT 500 and it works very well. Tried it on my 05 Mercedes dark blue and it did not work very well. Use Mothers on it and it works better than the Ice on the dark paint.

On the Dri n Wash, it is a great product. I used it on all my cars for years when I lived in CA. and on a show car I owned at that time, 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Convertible restored, that I won several car show trophies with. Haven't used the Dri n Wash cause I ran out, but I think I will buy some and try it on the Shelby. Used it also on my ski boat back in CA. which was metal flake deck, and extremely pleased with it.

AZbud

I recently tried the Ice paste (I haven't tried the liquid) after using the Meguire's NXT paste wax for a while.

The Ice paste blows away the NXT for my car color. Deeper luster and shine. More durable. Easier to apply. No white powder. :banana piano:

What else is there? :happy feet:

The reason you get an error on searching is that you must have more than 3 characters when you do a search. I think the search tool could be improved. WOuld like to see Boolean logic applicability.

AD

I have used almost every kind of wax and polish out there. Seems it depends on the cars paint and color. I've used ICE on my GT 500 and it works very well. Tried it on my 05 Mercedes dark blue and it did not work very well. Use Mothers on it and it works better than the Ice on the dark paint.

On the Dri n Wash, it is a great product. I used it on all my cars for years when I lived in CA. and on a show car I owned at that time, 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Convertible restored, that I won several car show trophies with. Haven't used the Dri n Wash cause I ran out, but I think I will buy some and try it on the Shelby. Used it also on my ski boat back in CA. which was metal flake deck, and extremely pleased with it.

AZbud

Zaino is great on dark colors

Archived