TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Grill Removal?

Has anyone removed the grill without removing the housing?

How's the billet grill attached to the housing, I can see the four phillip head screws (2 ea) on the two center vertical bars??

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions they could scan???

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have an '07, but it sounds like the grille alone, is attached in only four locations. On mine, it's four threaded studs with nuts. I removed the nuts, which held in place two brackets (1 each side), and the grille came off. No instructions came with my paperwork, but I have it off the car right now (for cleaning) and I can take a pic if you need it. You must have screws in place of my studs, and I can see how that works. I may change over, but it is really this simple.

Good luck, be safe.

I believe the late 07 and up grille is all one piece with the outer housing. Whereas the early version was as Lulu describes over the original GT grill which had the pony cutout.

This housing is held on via clips molded into the grille housing.

Going on memory, but I think it has 2 on each side.

08SGT1234,

Yes the Grill is held on by 4 nuts on the two metal vertical bars. Just took mine off not too long ago. Now you have to install it back that way on the factory fog light grill. If you have the new and improved Shelby housing, its like plug and play. The grills bolts will go into the holes of the housing. Also the nuts that hold the grill on the vertical bars, you should upgrade them too stainless steel. My car coming from New York, the nuts were a pain to get off because they were rusted.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your time,

Francis

Archived