TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seems Like A Good Deal To Me?

I thought I recognized that pic...hes had it on Bay Area CL for quite sometime at a higher price, which is still shown (high I think is even good for basically a brand new car)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4926014634.html

Assuming that the reserve is real, and will be honored, then thats a GREAT deal at 53k...

Motor on,

RealOne you seam like a nice guy, but you really gotta scale back on this subject too. I know I'm pretty worn out of reading about what you think KR's should be worth. Sideoiler wasn't arguing this subject with himself, you know.

Seriously? This coming from the guy who started a whole thread on the subject that went on for weeks with Sideoiler.

:lol:

Edited by REAL ONE

Oh, I see. I forgot the OR NOT" part. Silly me :doh:

If you preferred the "OR NOT" part...here's an idea, don't start threads inviting the discussion. :lol:

Here's another suggestion, if you are tired of reading my posts then don't. Simple.

I love my KR and didn't buy it as an investment so I really don't need any lectures on that issue but do agree with your basic premise in that thread. Regardless of you intent in starting that thread it should have been more then reasonably foreseeable by you where the conversation might go. Surely you weren't surprised.

Edited by REAL ONE

I think Red and Blue KRs should bring at least $5,000.00 more and add another $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 for a car with a genuine CS signature.

Its hard to believe you would get an extra $5 k for a certain colour let alone an extra 3 - 5K for a signature.

Its hard to believe you would get an extra $5 k for a certain colour let alone an extra 3 - 5K for a signature.

Not hard to believe.

08/09 Silver KR = 754

08/09 Black KR = 564

08/09 Red KR = 217

08/09 Blue KR = 188

Low number cars always bring more money.

As for the sig, that will be a hit or miss, but it sure won't hurt having it.

AK

Edited by AlaskanKR

Technically 08 and 09 silvers are different colors but yeah they pretty much look the same.

Also the regular GT500 used the same paint codes that the red, black and blue KRs used.

The silver paint used on the KR did not come on any other Shelby's

Really it comes down to your personal preference and I would prefer to collect all four.

Edit,,,, all five lol

Edited by sheppd01

Technically 08 and 09 silvers are different colors but yeah they pretty much look the same.

Also the regular GT500 used the same paint codes that the red, black and blue KRs used.

The silver paint used on the KR did not come on any other Shelby's

Really it comes down to your personal preference and I would prefer to collect all four.

Edit,,,, all five lol

Yep, Silver Metallic for 08 and Brilliant Silver Clearcoat for 09. But I wonder if it's like the 07 GT500 that was Torch Red and the 08/09s that were Colorado Red? Same color and code (D3), different names.

Edited by AlaskanKR

When put side by side brilliant silver appears to have a little more flake.

If it is a cloudy day they look exactly the same. If the sun is shining the 09 sparkles a tad more.

I have never looked into the difference between torch and Colorado red so I can't say.

Edit... Brilliant Silver and Silver Metallic have different codes.

Edited by sheppd01

When put side by side brilliant silver appears to have a little more flake.

If it is a cloudy day they look exactly the same. If the sun is shining the 09 sparkles a tad more.

I have never looked into the difference between torch and Colorado red so I can't say.

Edit... Brilliant Silver and Silver Metallic have different codes.

I'm glad they're different. The Torch Red on my 07 looked identical to my buddies Colorado Red 09.

I can't believe I bought the less-sparkley one!

Dang it! :)

Yep, Silver Metallic for 08 and Brilliant Silver Clearcoat for 09. But I wonder if it's like the 07 GT500 that was Torch Red and the 08/09s that were Colorado Red? Same color and code (D3), different names.

WOW!! For 6 years I have called the Red paint on my 2008 Torch Red when asked at car shows, so I was very concerned for a moment and I had to verify..............I was thinking that possibly Mustang owners and others have been walking away from me at a car show whispering........."He doesn't know what color his car is", and snickering.....

My 2008 says Torch Red............

001_zpsyofoi0lb.jpg

I think mine is a 3/08 build, so it is not an early car.

R

Colorado red is the paint manufacturers name, Torch red is what Ford calls it. It sounds cooler !

Like Ford, I like Torch Red better also. Colorado Red almost sounds like a color that would come on a small Chevrolet pick up?

Did the 2009 Ford literature list this D3 color as Colorado Red? I have heard the CO Red mentioned before, but have never seen it in Ford literature and have not researched Ford's official color name for the 2009's.

I wonder what the paint manufacturer's name is for Race Red? << Not that it really matters.......

For a while I was getting the color of my 2009 SRT-8 Challenger mixed with my 2008 GT500 when people what ask what color they were............Torch Red vs. TorRed.

R

Edited by Robert M

When I had my 07 I ordered one of the data sheets from Ford. When it came they had the color listed as Colorado Red. I contacted them and they changed it to Torch Red. I was told that sometime in mid-2008 they changed the name to Colorado Red. Torch Red is actually a GM color and it's been used by other MFGs as well.

I also found this from 2009.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/47461-d3-is-colorado-red-not-torch-red/

AK.

Edited by AlaskanKR

When I had my 07 I ordered one of the data sheets from Ford. When it came they had the color listed as Colorado Red. I contacted them and they changed it to Torch Red. I was told that sometime in mid-2008 they changed the name to Colorado Red. Torch Red is actually a GM color and it's been used by other MFGs as well.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/47461-d3-is-colorado-red-not-torch-red/My IT skills again ! See below.

AK.

Edited by cmcmotorworks

[url=http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/47461-d3-is-colorado-red-not-torch-red/]http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/47461-d3-is-colorado-red-not-torch-red/[/url

AK.

I went through this same process during the build on my wife's 2010. Now I just call it "Beautiful Red" !