TEAM SHELBY FORUM

64 1/2.mustang

Torched10

I wonder why they would install a heavy 9" in this car at it's lower power level............and I think the 1964.5 Mustang had a 260 V8 (with a generator) and the 289 came out for the 1965 model year (around June or so 1964). <<<I think that is the way it was? But who can keep up with those minor original details 50 years later?

R

I wonder why they would install a heavy 9" in this car at it's lower power level............and I think the 1964.5 Mustang had a 260 V8 (with a generator) and the 289 came out for the 1965 model year (around June or so 1964). <<<I think that is the way it was? But who can keep up with those minor original details 50 years later?

R

The assembly line production began on March 9th 1964 . with official introduction day April 17th . Cars built prior to August 17th are commonly referred to as 1964 1/2 `s although technically ALL first year Mustangs are coded as 1965`s on their vin number . 260 cu had F as an engine code & then when they switched to the 289 cu the engine code was changed to a C code.

Archived