TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Need Answers, Gt 350 Or A Future 500

cgrove04

So I've had a 2012 500, a '13 500, and I loved them ridiculously too much according to the gf. Well I got rid of them to get a house about 6 months ago, which guess what has a garage without a dream car in it. I've been saving money to get another, however I don't know if I should bite the bullet and get the gt 350 or wait for a possible, not yet known future 500. I guess I'm just looking for details on whether or not there are plans for one, and would a 350 satisfy the power hungry part of me that loved my '13 so much.

Thanks, Cory

There are no products announced beyond the GT350. Whatever is after the GT350 will not be called a GT500 - Ford has said the name is retired. Maybe Mach 1 or something like that but it's going to be after the GT350 life cycle (have you seen spy photos of anything yet? The spy photos start 3 years or so before the availability). The GT350 hasn't even shipped yet and Ford is not going to announce its replacement any time soon.

So if you want something now buy what you can get or wait for vapor ware... The life cycle of the GT350 is likely 4-5 years.

I've seen that YouTube video where they ask if that's a gt500 on the drag strip running times, but that's it. Edit: there was also an article I read back in February about it.

Basically, there are zero confirmed reports as to if there will be, or will not be a future GT500. That report would come from Ford at a future date. There is no answer for your question at this time.

Sure there are rumors out there for both ways, but there is nothing confirmed.

Get a car that you want to drive, and then drive it, whatever it may be. Looking to future vehicles is great but if you look forward for too long you may miss the best car for you. If you want the Gt350, put your name into the order process and don't turn back. Once you get it, drive the hell out of it!

Pete

Such a hard decision because I loved my 2013 so much!! Wonder if they'll be any gt350's on the dealership lots

Gt350 will be on dealer lots to the degree boss302s were. Maybe somewhere between boss and gt500 numbers. It's the replacement for both and Ford said they are prepared for about 5k units per year. I doubt many dealers will speculate on a gt350r. It's a hard sell without a rear seat. For said r cars will be handled similar to the boss302 laguna seca. A few dealers may order spec cars because someone will want one now but most will order with a buyer.

Guest markham51

I am buying the GT350 for the track handling capabilities. Everything I have seen and heard from various sources says this is going to be a unique machine. I am moving back to Waterloo in a couple of weeks so watch out SW Ontario :shift:

I am buying the GT350 for the track handling capabilities. Everything I have seen and heard from various sources says this is going to be a unique machine. I am moving back to Waterloo in a couple of weeks so watch out SW Ontario :shift:

+1 ... the GT350 will be a track monster .... just not looking forward to the adm's.

Archived