TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby Bash

Well, another one in the books......Thank you to all of you that attended.

By and large, the only negative comments we received from the attendees was that it was too short and not enough of our TS friends attended.

Those who did attend will be receiving an email shortly. We definitely would like to hear your comments and suggestions.

Looking forward to #9 next year!

Thank you

Michael

This year's Bash was one of the better ones. I've attended all (except one) since the 85th and this one was pretty good. Having Honored guests Bob Bondurant, Peter Brock, Allen Grant, Chuck Cantwell and Ted Sutton as well as other former Shelby American employees share about the 1960s/70s era was great hearing about the history of Shelby America and the cars, can't get enough of that. Would like continue to see former Shelby employees attend future Bash events to extend the conversation of that period of Shelby/racing history. The new generation of Team Shelby has the responsibility to pass on the history of what Shelby did for international racing and performance automobile development.

I really enjoyed seeing the guys from back in the day. It was living history weekend at Shelby. Very cool.

The food was excellent this year. One of the better bashes in my opinion.

The only suggestion I have for next year is to have some sort of decal for the non track cars to identify them being at the bash. The security guard at the Mandalay garage didn't want to let me park with the other bash participants because I didn't have the door decals. I showed him my badge and then he finally let me in.

I really enjoyed seeing the guys from back in the day. It was living history weekend at Shelby. Very cool.

The only suggestion I have for next year is to have some sort of decal for the non track cars to identify them being at the bash. The security guard at the Mandalay garage didn't want to let me park with the other bash participants because I didn't have the door decals. I showed him my badge and then he finally let me in.

Everyone was to get door decals not just track folks. I also got that info but then it was sorted out and corrected. The legends were huge!

Hi Tim

You not receiving the door decals was a mistake, all participants should have had decals.

I was unaware that you did not receive a set and would have corrected that if I had known.

I will try and make it up to you in some way.

Michael

Edited by MMcGuirk

Thanks Mike,

The lady at registration was adamant that I was not to get any. I even offered to buy a set.

No worries. I feel better knowing I was right. :)

As Michael already mentioned, that should not have happened and I have no clue as to why it happened. Please accept our apologies. We'll do better in the future and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Steve

Thanks Mike,

The lady at registration was adamant that I was not to get any. I even offered to buy a set.

No worries. I feel better knowing I was right. :)

b17drvr,

I have an extra set from this year if SA can't get you any. I won a set in the silent auction and put the set I used on my car back on the paper. They aren't brand new, but are still in good shape. Send me a PM if SA can't get you any.

This year's Bash was one of the better ones. I've attended all (except one) since the 85th and this one was pretty good. Having Honored guests Bob Bondurant, Peter Brock, Allen Grant, Chuck Cantwell and Ted Sutton as well as other former Shelby American employees share about the 1960s/70s era was great hearing about the history of Shelby America and the cars, can't get enough of that. Would like continue to see former Shelby employees attend future Bash events to extend the conversation of that period of Shelby/racing history. The new generation of Team Shelby has the responsibility to pass on the history of what Shelby did for international racing and performance automobile development.

I really wanted to cover the rich history of Shelby American 50 years ago, I was told I had till 9:00 p.m. and planned my presentation with that time in mind. I was asked to stop at 8:25 p.m., caught me off guard. Maybe another time. Don't forget John Morton!!! Edited by randylasaac

We can Not express enough the GREAT Time we had while at the Bash! The Cars.. the events...The Legends in attendance!!! And the

added bonus... The Wonderful FRIENDS we have made over these Bash years!! They are truly precious to us both!!

Great JOB Pacific West Coast...........Another GREAT Memory for us!! :)

As Michael already mentioned, that should not have happened and I have no clue as to why it happened. Please accept our apologies. We'll do better in the future and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Steve

No worries. I had a great time as always. You guys do a fantastic, thankless, job.

I hear you Jenny. As a TS member, I do the best to put in my part by Showing off my 65 tribute to strangers and spread the Shelby history around. Of coarse, I do talk about the present and future of SAI, too! Even though I did not go this year, I did notice that the event was 1 day less. In the past, other than Bash 7, the events were 3 nights/4 days long. Just an observation. Keep up the good work SAI. By the way, the Shelby GT looked awesome!!!!!! Saw it at the Kick off party in Gardena! NICE!

I wish I had received notice of the bash 6 months sooner. In December I purchased tickets for the NASCAR race held in Las Vegas the same weekend. I saw a few people with Shelby shirts on at the race. I think the bash should not be held on the same weekend as the biggest event held in Las Vegas. Now I can scratch attending a NASCAR race off my bucket list and I will attend the bash next year.

I wish I had received notice of the bash 6 months sooner. In December I purchased tickets for the NASCAR race held in Las Vegas the same weekend. I saw a few people with Shelby shirts on at the race. I think the bash should not be held on the same weekend as the biggest event held in Las Vegas. Now I can scratch attending a NASCAR race off my bucket list and I will attend the bash next year.

It may not be the same weekend next year. This year it was only that way as the dates to get Spring Mountain were extremely limited and that is the only weekend that worked. Hopefully the planning will be different next year.

It may not be the same weekend next year. This year it was only that way as the dates to get Spring Mountain were extremely limited and that is the only weekend that worked. Hopefully the planning will be different next year.

Couldn't agree more.

And maybe put the third day back into the bash.

Can never get enough of a gathering like this.

Maybe next year the GT-H and GT350H becomes the marque cars as it will be the 50th anniversary of the Rent-A-Racer program. Both in 1966 and 2006 helped re-energize Shelby American. Ok , just wishful thinking, or maybe :drool: .

You've got my vote !

A Rent A Racer, old & new reunion!