TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Listens To Rush While Driving Their Shelby ?

cmcmotorworks

I gave up on him years ago. I listen to oldies. I know one of the hosts on a denver station. He used to be my neighbor. During the Colorado floods I contacted him via his personal phone and asked if he knew what was happening. We chatted and made a time for me to be on. The floods were Wednesday and I talked to him on Thursday and was on the radio on Friday at mid morning. Normally talk radio guests are on for 2 or 3 minutes. I described what was happening for 45 minutes and he tells me I was the longest single call they've ever had on the air. There was literally no communication - even the press was not allowed past the barriers.

He was also the former director of fema with lots of experience dealing with floods .and warned me that they would turn the event "from all the help you need to all the help you can stand". Truer words were never spoken

I gave up on him years ago. I listen to oldies. I know one of the hosts on a denver station. He used to be my neighbor. During the Colorado floods I contacted him via his personal phone and asked if he knew what was happening. We chatted and made a time for me to be on. The floods were Wednesday and I talked to him on Thursday and was on the radio on Friday at mid morning. Normally talk radio guests are on for 2 or 3 minutes. I described what was happening for 45 minutes and he tells me I was the longest single call they've ever had on the air. There was literally no communication - even the press was not allowed past the barriers.

He was also the former director of fema with lots of experience dealing with floods .and warned me that they would turn the event "from all the help you need to all the help you can stand". Truer words were never spoken

I think he meant the musical group Rush. :whistling: Not the person Rush Limbaugh. Or I could be wrong.

Truth be told Chris, I rarely even turn on the radio in my 500, and I even have the Shaker 1000. :shrug:

I drive around with the back seats folded down frankly. All I wanna hear are the KR mufflers!!! :rockon:

Now driving around in my RAM....that's a different story.

Yes, I DO have RUSH in my library!!

However, I'm a lifelong ELO fan. And every other thing that Jeff Lynne has had his hand in.

Gold point about the sound of just the car. ELO is also great instrumental music for driving.

Rarely do I turn the radio on; I am tuned into "Borla radio" with some Whine (not April wine) from up front. :shift:

BUT when the radio is on, I go to a USB stick with many MP3s, yes there are a number of Rush tunes on that...

Not tooooo much longer now and my GT500 will be free from winter hibernation.

Rarely do I turn the radio on; I am tuned into "Borla radio" with some Whine (not April wine) from up front. :shift:

BUT when the radio is on, I go to a USB stick with many MP3s, yes there are a number of Rush tunes on that...

Not tooooo much longer now and my GT500 will be free from winter hibernation.

That's the exact reason for this thread. The anticipation and build up of excitement.

I'm dyin to cruise ...

:thumbsup:

I can't wait either, snow is slowly melting here, raining today but that's ok, will wash the salt off the roads. Took the cover off the Shelby

and fired it up. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I too rarely turn on the tunes when in the 500, but when I do I listen to a rather eclectic mix of music depending on the mood. Rock, jazz, blues, big band. Rush is a great band, but if I had to pick one, it would be Jimi Hendrix with an honorable mention to Procol Harum, early Grand Funk or Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Mark

Edited by mark.barton

Now driving around in my RAM....that's a different story.

Yes, I DO have RUSH in my library!!

However, I'm a lifelong ELO fan. And every other thing that Jeff Lynne has had his hand in.

I thought Michael Bolotin was more your speed....................... :hysterical2:

:hide:

I'm in to just about every type of music there is (except rap). I grew up listening to all genres.

When my 14 year old son and I go cruising in Shelby we have one CD we listen to and that's Collective Soul's Greatest Hits.

My favorite selection is "December" and his is "Heavy", but we enjoy the whole album.

If we're not listening to the CD we're listening to the exhaust.

And that's a Rush in of itself. :)

AK.