TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Visit

Norton

Had a great time at Shelby American on Friday, 6 Mar, to attend part of Shelby Vegas Bash 2015 and pickup a friend's Super Snake. (I appreciated him letting me tag along.)

Really enjoyed a behind-the-scenes tour from Shelby staff members Ralph Hengelhaupt and Tim Pittsenbarger. There was no shortage of great cars or horsepower!

IMG_0002_zpsrq7cy6xt.jpg

IMG_0025_zps96aqacun.jpg

IMG_0028_zpsdsr3ijif.jpg

IMG_0035_zpssphzdiz0.jpg

IMG_0044_zpsbpmzgk3z.jpg

IMG_0068_zpscofmultq.jpg[/url]

IMG_0069_zps0ynyxhql.jpg[/url]

IMG_0019_zpsh2ofmukz.jpg

Visited the old place in March 2012 and accidently stumbled into the 50th Shelby gathering. :drool: Parked my Mustang GT off to the side so as to not offend any one. :worship:

Will be visiting the new place in about 10 days and will pose my car in front for the obligatory picture. :camera:

We were treated like VIPs, shown around, BS'ed with some of the mechanics etc. Very nice time there.

+1. The staff was great! Having missed the "normal" tours, Ralph and Tim spent time showing us around personally, including some areas not normally seen by the public.

Very cool! That is definitely on my to-do list someday.

(That front GT500, the deep impact blue one, :drop: getting that exact car with the super snake package - a dream.)

"That front GT500, the Deep Impact Blue one," is actually a Shelby 1000 - one of about four we saw while there. Very impressive vehicles!

Is the new facility larger than the previous location?

Yes and no. At the Speedway location we had four buildings, now we have everything from those four buildings under one roof. Its possible that total square footage may be a little less than Speedway but on the other hand the Heritage center and gift shop are much larger than Speedway. Our parking lot is at least five time larger than the Speedway location. The SPP call center is larger than the one we had at the Speedway location. The Cobra shop is a little smaller compared to Speedway. Shipping/receiving/loading dock is much larger than the Speedway location. Same with paint, much larger now compared to the Speedway location. Overall office space is probably smaller at Ensworth than at Speedway.

So as you can see the answer is yes and no in regards to is the Ensworth location larger than the Speedway location.

Steve

Just stopped by there yesterday and took the tour and picked up a few items. It is well worth it, the tour last about an hour and they answer a lot of questions.

Also, the shop was more crowded than I expected after seeing some of the threads saying there were no cars there. It was very busy and a number of vehicles under various degree's of update, even a couple of Raptors.

If you are visiting Vega, I would recommend it for any Shelby fans.

Just stopped by there yesterday and took the tour and picked up a few items. It is well worth it, the tour last about an hour and they answer a lot of questions.

Also, the shop was more crowded than I expected after seeing some of the threads saying there were no cars there. It was very busy and a number of vehicles under various degree's of update, even a couple of Raptors.

Just shows that you can't believe the naysayers. Most members have caught onto that their constant doomsday predictions about SAI are based in hate and not facts. Glad you enjoyed your visit and hope that you visit us again.

Steve

Shelby American is alive and rocking!

Shelby American is alive and rocking!

Had a great visit also on Monday, after the bash. There must have been 100 people taking in the 10.30 tour! I had a great visit and it was nice to meet Jeremy, and Brian who looked after a warranty issue for me last year! Great people!

oh yeah...I also picked up my Team Shelby shirt, and about 3 others....

Had a great visit also on Monday, after the bash. There must have been 100 people taking in the 10.30 tour! I had a great visit and it was nice to meet Jeremy, and Brian who looked after a warranty issue for me last year! Great people!

oh yeah...I also picked up my Team Shelby shirt, and about 3 others....

What was even more surprising was the 1:30pm tour, much larger than the morning tour. Can you say Nascar.................

Glad you had a nice visit with us.

Steve

I went for the 10:30 tour on Saturday and they had cancelled it. Apparently they figured out that 50 people had missed the 81/2 x 11 paper sign in the window that the tour had been cancelled. Keith Belair came out and did the tour. What an amazing time getting out on the production floor with Keith. Some interesting history and stories.

I went for the 10:30 tour on Saturday and they had cancelled it. Apparently they figured out that 50 people had missed the 81/2 x 11 paper sign in the window that the tour had been cancelled. Keith Belair came out and did the tour. What an amazing time getting out on the production floor with Keith. Some interesting history and stories.

Its extremely rare for a tour to be cancelled but on that Saturday our normal tour guide was out sick so Keith Belair stepped in and made some folks pretty happy. Although we don't have an afternoon tour on Saturdays I came across a dozen enthusiasts from Canada who were in town for a wedding that I took on a short tour behind the scenes because they had missed Keiths tour. Had some really appreciative Canucks who will hopefully visit the Shelby Canada West mod shop once back home.

Steve

I am delighted the Saturday tour went on. Thank you to all who made it happen. I got to sign on the other side of the pony wall so I was one happy camper.

Visited the old place in March 2012 and accidently stumbled into the 50th Shelby gathering. :drool: Parked my Mustang GT off to the side so as to not offend any one. :worship:

Will be visiting the new place in about 10 days and will pose my car in front for the obligatory picture. :camera:

Had a great visit Saturday the 21st. The new place is as good as noted elsewhere in this thread. I really like that signature option.

post-36767-0-03831800-1427137709_thumb.jpg

post-36767-0-53845800-1427137716_thumb.jpg

post-36767-0-19397700-1427137728_thumb.jpg

the new facility and tour is amazing, lots of info and great cars to look at. I go to vegas a few times a year for gambling trips with my friends and brought two non-car guys with me to the tour on our last trip. even though they really had no interest or knowledge of Shelbys beyond the fact that I have one, they both really enjoyed the tour and got a kick out of Carroll's life story. I must thank whoever works there for having a soda machine in the lobby as I must have sucked down 3 bottles of water to fight the vegas hangover that morning.

Archived