TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Starting

AARGH!! MY 14 had trouble starting twice now in last 2 weeks. Both times it stalled on an uphill stop sign..cockpit error not enough gas but when I go to restart it I get nothing. Reset brake,make sure clutch Is all the way in..nothing. it took about 3 minutes each time,which backs up traffic. Have you guys noticed this. I'm wondering if the emc is looking for a reason for stall and wont engage starter.

Edited by Torched10

No didn't just fill it..I've had the car a year and stalled it before on same situation and it restarted fine.only have 2000.Mile's on it.temp was 60.think I'll test it today and see if I can regularly duplicate it.weird I get no noise at all.

Edited by Torched10

AARGH!! MY 14 had trouble starting twice now in last 2 weeks. Both times it stalled on an uphill stop sign..cockpit error not enough gas but when I go to restart it I get nothing. Reset brake,make sure clutch Is all the way in..nothing. it took about 3 minutes each time,which backs up traffic. Have you guys noticed this. I'm wondering if the emc is looking for a reason for stall and wont engage starter.

Check out this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1054566-Weird-Problem-No-throttle-response&highlight=

Thanks. That thread souphisjust like 2010 which I sold because it wouldnt start at least once a month we changed starter,neutral safety swithch,battery.finally gave up and traded it in on the 14.

On my 14. When it does stall,I get nothing when I turn the key.meanwhile folks Re stacked up behind me after a few minutes it does start. I've tried duplicating it and haven't done so.I agree based on my previous experience that if the dealer can't duplicate it

they can't fix ithey checked with Ford and did a search of all warranty reported issues and couldn't find any.so sold the car

I do have the smaller Jlt intake which just replaces the stock size cai ecant imagine that being the issue

Edited by Torched10

Thanks. That thread souphisjust like 2010 which I sold because it wouldnt start at least once a month we changed starter,neutral safety swithch,battery.finally gave up and traded it in on the 14.

On my 14. When it does stall,I get nothing when I turn the key.meanwhile folks Re stacked up behind me after a few minutes it does start. I've tried duplicating it and haven't done so.I agree based on my previous experience that if the dealer can't duplicate it

they can't fix ithey checked with Ford and did a search of all warranty reported issues and couldn't find any.so sold the car

I do have the smaller Jlt intake which just replaces the stock size cai ecant imagine that being the issue

So I wonder if Ford has an event monitor they can mate to your ECU that has long term logging? Might be worth asking about.