TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are There Any Canadian Cars That Are Built In The U. S. A?

I trailered my 2007 Shelby down from Ontario to Las Vegas in 2008 to be SuperSnaked. I paid I think 30% on the dollar for the conversion and duty on the work done in the states when I brought it back. It was worth every penny. Yes there is now a Shelby conversion centre in Woodstock, Ontario. Sean Hyland Motorsports. Not the case when I had it done.

SS070248

Guest markham51

I am a Canadian with a bunch of cars. They are ALL assembled in the US by American workers except for one. My wife has a Camaro SS convertible that she didn't even drive once last year. My SP MKIII has a Rousch racing engine and so i don't count that, its NOT made in Canada.

Canada and the US are each others largest trading partners. The only Fords made in Canada are the Edge, MKX and Flex. My Mustangs, Raptor, Explorer, MKS are all built in the US.

Proudly Ford is the number 1 car brand in Canada. Seems we love those F Series trucks :

http://driving.ca/ram/1500/auto-news/news/top-10-best-selling-new-vehicles-in-canada

I trailered my 2007 Shelby down from Ontario to Las Vegas in 2008 to be SuperSnaked. I paid I think 30% on the dollar for the conversion and duty on the work done in the states when I brought it back. It was worth every penny. Yes there is now a Shelby conversion centre in Woodstock, Ontario. Sean Hyland Motorsports. Not the case when I had it done.

SS070248

We have two more Shelby conversion facilities in western Canada now

http://calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/calgary-auto-shop-becomes-shelby-american-certified

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/86903-shelby-canada-west/

The question was not meant to be a jab at Canadians, Just wondering why we are losing good paying jobs and why American Workers are not good enough to build American Vehicles! Why Cant we build the Ford Gt and Keep Americans Working? Whats wrong with Americans building their own Cars and staying gainfully Employed at a good paying job instead of all the shit jobs being created here in the states. Are Canadian workers that much better at assembling vehicles or for that Matter are Mexican workers better at it or is the Labor Cheaper in Canada.? How about an honest answer instead of a smart one. :cool:

In the case of the Ford GT, it has directly to do with who can do this small manufacturing run with quality and quick ramp up. Multimatic has been building race cars with Ford for a long time. Which division of Ford currently has the tools, knowledge, capacity, and much, much more? All of those considerations plus many more I'm sure. A ton of things have to fit together in the right time to pull it all off.

Archived